March 3 Sign In

Options

Replies

• Chinkiri
    Chinkiri Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    @shomanswest Ask my friend @fatbambi2017 who is another baker and who seems to have her passion for victoria sponge and lemon drizzle cake mostly under control! @BMcC9 is a bread maker who doesn't eat all her bread in one go. I occasionally make a cake or pizza, divide into portions and freeze all but 1 portion ... Cake actually freezes very well!
  • shomans83
    shomans83 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    @Chinkiri thanks! I did the whole keto diet for a month last year... with the fake baking and all... just not for me haha. I’ll definitely be connecting for some guidance!!
  • cnorman100
    cnorman100 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Exercised: YES
    Tracked: YES
    Under Calorie Goal: YES
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,293 Member
    Options
    March 3, 2021

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Kitchen Closed? Yes
    Pass day 0/3 (this is for accountability to myself and my records)
  • GigiDoma
    GigiDoma Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    cya6faoq4bn6.jpg

i3kc64ls5yhk.jpg

Hi everyone from Georgia! These pics were taken Amicalola Falls, which boasts the tallest waterfall in the state of Georgia at 729 feet tall! It took a walk up 600 stairs to get to the top! I was so proud of myself and the beauty that I raised my hands to the Universe and God!

@RangerRickL I loved this image of the young girl that you picked to go with @mojo2325 very insightful message!

@lesdarts180 Way to go on riding the bike today, despite the wet and cold weather!

@cnorman100 I LOVE the pic!

@Shomanswest I LOVE your enthusiasm and YES it gets EASIER!

@snowshoe072 My thoughts and prayers are with all of you that were dear to your worker friend, very sad. :'(

@MadisonMolly2017 As ALWAYS the BEST advice!

@LazyBlondeChef It ALWAYS feels great to try on a pair of pants hanging in the closet that were at one time too tight!

@dsgoingtodoit I am using your quote in my group text tomorrow! I think we ALL should do that quote! Thank you for sharing and people!

@alligatorob I know Rick reached out to you already in a PM, but thought I might be able to give some advice! I know when losing weight the goal is the number you gave yourself to get your weight down too! Once you get there and now have to go on maintaining FOREVER it seems overwhelming or possibly even boring! Why not make other goals in your life that have nothing to do with food. For example:Picture I posted today or new exercise, lifting more weights, looking into more ways to use those weights, researching and then trying to find new ones that you might want to try out! Gratitude is also wonderful and my goal is to act in that way everyday! :)

Date: 3/3
    Exercise: Yes walked 600 steps to top of the falls and walked around the area for 100 minutes and burned 637 calories!
    Tracked:Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Pass Days: 1 used ( 2 left )

• snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,581 Member
    Options
    @ginadomaszewicz

Thanks for the wonderful pictures we have some here in the Adirondacks but not that high! Thank you for thinking of me and my work team it is much appreciated. This is the wonderful thing about the UAC everyone is always supportive of one another and offer words of encouragement freely.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,821 Member
    Options
    @ginadomaszewicz your photos are amazing! I am so glad you went and visited with your friend and shared all of these photos. You really look perfect and so happy. You are almost glowing. Thank you! (And Rangerrick it's not inappropriate of you to ever comment here)/
  • fractaltiger
    fractaltiger Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Exercise: Yes, 67 minutes elliptical, 13 minutes core strengthening
    Tracking: Yes (I made sure I kept up with this!)
    Calories: Yes
    Pass Days Used: 0

Extras
    Stairs: Yes, 10 flights is the goal
    Steps: 7,105
    Sore: Yes
    Tired: Yes
    LOL
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options

@SummerSkier and @ginadomaszewicz I do think that Gina's photos are wonderful. It's obvious that she is sooo happy!! I'm happy that she is happy!
    I've gotten behind in reading posts this week, so I am catching up tonight, Saturday, 3/6.
    BTW: @SummerSkier Today I was with my quarter horse Coco and worked with him for over an hour. I'm having a great time really building a solid foundation with clicker training. Today, he was choosing to touch a 'scary' white plastic bag (empty wood shavings bag). 3 weeks ago, he would not come near such a horse-devouring-monster.
    Later in the day, I worked with a rather undernourished Rocky Mountain mare. She may be my next rescue project.
    I've scheduled a vet exam for next Tuesday. She does not seem to have been actively abused. On the other hand, she has been very neglected.
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,877 Member
    Options
    @RangerrickL Sorry, you are no longer the last post for March 3. Trying to catch up now.

MARCH 2021 ULTIMATE ACCOUNTABILITY CHALLENGE

Start weight, March 1, 2021: 123.2
    March 1, 2021 – 123.2 (-3.0)
    February 1, 2021 - 126.2 (-5.8); Tanita BF scale at 6 am 126.5 and 26%BF
    January 1, 2021 – 132 (-3.6)
    December 1, 2020 – 135.6 (-5.2)
    November 6, 2020 – 140.8 (-7.0)
    October 2, 2020 – 147.8 (-5.2)
    September 14, 2020 – 153.0

Thoughts for daily calories goal
    I need to revisit how I am handling my daily calorie goal for maintenance as I am “failing” in that regard as I lost another 3 lbs while “maintaining” during this month. Having two variables of food calories and exercise calories is challenging for me. In the past I have lost and maintained with less significant exercise numbers so it was more a single variable. I do not want to drop back on exercise as I am doing it for overall health and fitness.

Just use MFP to calculate my maintenance calories/day. Nutritional needs are estimated at 1590, and it predicts that with exercise, I would need 1862 for 1 hour exercise for days/week. Average Apple Watch TDEE for February was 2126. Average calories consumed/day for February were 1686. With three pound loss over the month, to maintain, I would have needed an additional 375 calories/day for a total of 2073/calories/day. So, my thought for March is to consider my daily goal, 1590 plus daily exercise, but, for planning sake, I will expect that number to be around 1900 calories.

March History
    Date: 3/1
    Exercised?: Yes, 1:27:01 group walk at 17’27” pace for 4.98 miles
    Calories?: Yes, 1890/1590 daily + 309 exercise (net 9 cal)
    Tracked?: Yes
    Rings Closed?: Yes, March goal is 27 out of 30 days
    Apple Watch TDEE: 2056

Date: 3/2 (Pass #1)
    Exercised?: Yes, 1:23:51 group walk at 17’10” pace for 4.88 miles
    Calories?: No
    Tracked?: until dinner yes, then no
    Rings Closed?: Yes, 2/27 - March goal is 27 out of 30 days
    Apple Watch TDEE: 2096

*** First pass of the month used. Very much worth the treat – Went to Square Grouper and started with a Key Lime Martini with graham cracker rim (sorry @RangerRickL not the pie), shared appetizers of Flash Fried Conch with Ponzu and Wasabi drizzle (amazing!!), and Ahi Tuna and Avocado eggrolls with Asian dipping sauce, then an entrée of Seared Sesame Encrusted Tuna with Jasmine rice and Asian slaw, and finished with a cup of coffee and a shared Strawberry Nutella Bread pudding with warm butter rum sauce. Though I may not make winners circle at the end of March, I fully intend to end a champion.

Date: 3/2 (Pass #2)
    Exercised?: Yes, 1:22:02 Group walk at 16’50” pace for 4.87 miles
    Calories?: No
    Tracked?: Tracked well all day, then old habits crept back in the evening
    Rings Closed?: Yes, 3/27 - March goal is 27 out of 30 days
    Apple Watch TDEE: 2187

Passes remaining: 1

@alligatorob Did you get any good maintenance tips from RangerRick? I too am finding this maintenance state so challenging. Weight is holding on thankfully, but daily habits are slipping come. I believe that is in part due to maintenance, while the other I can blame on life distractions at the moment.
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,029 Member
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 Love the tips!! I usually eat a pretty large breakfast because it’s my favorite meal!! I’ve also been playing more music lately to stay distracted, so I’ll try to weave that into my evening routine to stay OUT of the kitchen. @donna25trinity I LOVE sweets, too. Baking is a passion of mine... so is eating delicious sweet treats!! Really struggling to figure out how to continue doing that without eating all the goods. Haven’t baked anything in a week now...
    Thanks for all of the advice and support!! Ready to tackle day 4 🖤

@shomanswest i totally get wat ur saying and i hope its all going okay. Good luck with it all i wish u all the best with it and know in my heart u will find wat works for u! Xox