Weight No More - March 2021 Team Chat

Replies

• Zumba_Luvah
    Zumba_Luvah Posts: 410 Member
    Zumba_luvah
    Week 1
    Pw- 162.6
    Cw- 159.2

I worked really hard and did not eat at night. So glad to be back in the 150s!!
  • rachelrjh
    rachelrjh Posts: 258 Member
    edited March 2021
    @podperson1- if you’re shopping for a new scale, I like my Fitindex that I got off of Amazon. The fitindex app is real convenient and if you have apple then it syncs great with the Apple Health App.
    My weight is all over the place too depending on what and when I eat. I weigh in first thing in the morning and in the pm on an empty stomach about 3-4 days a week. I give you guys my pm average for the week.

• hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Hope002
    Friday
    PW 191.8
    CW 190.7
  • kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    kirsten11872
    Week:1
    Weigh-in day:Saturday
    Previous weight:170.9
    Current weight:172.0
    +1.1
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    @kandi3570 congrats on quitting smoking. I have heard that sometimes causes people to eat more but even that is healthier than smoking. Good luck with managing your "hunger"
  • dbrinkmeyer
    dbrinkmeyer Posts: 94 Member
    Dbrinkmeyer (Denise)
    Week:1
    Weigh-in day: Saturday
    Previous weight:189.6
    Current weight:187.8

This was a great week. I learned a lot and lost some weight. My trainer told me to drink a gallon of water because of my weight training. Well… I got really sick one evening and then I decided to cut it back to 100 ounce max. I'm only 5' 2" so less seems to be better for me.

DH and I are doing 15 minutes of yoga every morning in addition to the other cardio and weight training. I'm feeling the difference just now last week after 3 months of pretty consistent effort. He's a runner and at 61 was thinking he was going to have to quit long runs since his knees were bothering him. Well, he added leg training to his weight workout and with the yoga, he is now going up and down the stairs like a 40 year old (ha ha). He is much happier, and I love having him as a partner in this.

@Debbiewsharpe: gaining muscle / definitely weight training will do it

@Sleepymom5: If you can handle the information then Dexa scan is very good. I had a metabolic test (you breathe into a tube) too back in 2018. It told me that my metabolism was actually very good. BTW, where are you???

@minstrelofsarcasm so happy to hear about your results

@Gottagetthisdown I love your username. I am also an experimenter and love the type of information you're gathering for yourself.

@goingape I raised six kiddos and learned during most busy times to do big cooking on the weekend with cooking ahead. Now it's just the two of us and I still do it because the work week is so hectic. Maybe that could help?

@podperson1 You're not alone. I've seen swings like that. I definitely weigh more after a heavy lifting day. Muscle breakdown and repair seems to show an increase in water weight for me.

@kandi3570 congrats on the NSV and healthier lungs :) I'm with you on the work schedule

@zumbah_luvah great job!!
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    @kandi3570 congrats on not smoking. That’s a tough one but such a positive change for your health. And the extra time at the gym. You are an inspiration 😀😀
  • lennoncpa
    @podperson1 i get those crazy swings on the scale too. That’s probably why they recommend not weighing yourself every day - but I don’t trust myself if I don’t weigh myself every day - it’s too easy for me to just totally eliminate weighing myself completely! I have friends that don’t weigh themselves at home they only get weighed in at the doctor and I could never live like that!!
  • kos33
    kos33 Posts: 31 Member
    Kos33
    PW 172
    CW 172
    No change but have started lifting and it was my birthday- so better this week
  • debbiewsharpe
    debbiewsharpe Posts: 417 Member
    edited March 2021
    @brown6267 – weight and steps look good

@Kandi3570 – good loss and so good that you quit smoking! Feeling good and feeling strong is HUGE!

@Zumba_Luvah – congratulations on being in the 50’s!

@hope002 – nice loss, congrats!

@kirsten11872 – hang in there, you can get the weight off this week

@dbrinkmeyer – great week indeed!!!! Sounds like you and your exercise partner are doing fantastic – keep on keeping on…. It’s working!

@Koss33 – no change with weight lifting and birthday, I call that a WIN!! Good for you.

4444dc815a1f06be639e1139d615cda2.jpg
  • debbiewsharpe
    debbiewsharpe Posts: 417 Member
    Debbie Sharpe
    MFP starting weight - 173 (2013)
    Last week – 127.4
    3/7 Current weight – 126.8

STEP TOTALS
    Sunday – 16,174
    Monday –11,470
    Tuesday –15,012
    Wednesday –17,764
    Thursday –17,344
    Friday –15,210
    Saturday –16,825

It has been a pretty good week. My weight has bounced around from 126.4 -127.4 which is where I want to be. I had a dentist appointment this week and had to put on clothes (other than sweatpants) and I was pleased that everything fit. The bad news is that she suggested 3 crowns. I told her to prioritize and I would start with the one that needed it the most. I have a FEAR of dentistry. I go back on the 17th so we will see how it goes. I may get one more done this year. Don’t know if I am ready to pay for 3 crowns yet. Tuesday will be day 14 after my second Covid shot. We plan to go out to a restaurant for the first time in a year. We both said if we feel the least bit anxious that we will get a “to go” order. Fingers crossed for our entire world that the shots will work and that life can get back to a near normal.
    Wishing all of you a blessed Sunday! KEEP ON KEEPING ON……………………………

• dbrinkmeyer
    dbrinkmeyer Posts: 94 Member
    I forgot to post my steps for the week. I shouldn't want to post them but you can see that we're still not back to the weather I had in January: 20189
  • rachelrjh
    rachelrjh Posts: 258 Member
    Rachelrjh
    Happy Sunday
    Pw: 178
    Cw: 176 pounds

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Wayyyy to go Team Weight No More!! B)

:star:The Green Challenge :star: Percentage of people who lost weight this week. No matter how small the loss the weights are recorded in green. Remember that even if your team doesn’t rank the highest in weight loss for the week you can still be the Green Percentage winner by having the most losses in your team! So keep it up!! B)

7zng9ek5s513.png
  • lennoncpa
    0di6nnigdpkk.jpeg

See this is all I need to read to get my nut craving go over the top. That’s exactly how I justify eating nuts but this little article doesn’t mention eating in moderation. For those of us who have a “nut” addiction it’s torture trying to eat a handful and stop. I guess it’s still better than sweets and it has been about 2-1/2 years since I gave up sweets. Got to celebrate the good stuff! Plus I have exercised every morning since Labor Day. 45 minutes with my local gym but I am doing it on Zoom in my own house. I love the convenience of it. Have a great Sunday everybody. 😀
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    r8k5uw7w66ts.jpg
    akc4gx1bbs3w.png
    2r6wifikputs.png
    ccqd1ekdgszj.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    mgn6kqfnirq8.png

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    qhioviwxzpfm.png

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @mrscanmore 2.24 %
    2nd @eahrenee 2.15%
    3rd @Zumba_Luvah 2.09 %

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @eahrenee 4.4 Lbs
    2nd @dignow96 4.2 Lbs
    3rd @Mrscanmore 4.1 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @eggfreak
    @gillexplores
    @Beautyofdreams
    @Aetheldreda
    @Tazaria87
    @draby2011
    @angmarie28
    @machchic
    @happimess01

2ohplyeqtd7h.png

• BlueSkyNomad
    BlueSkyNomad Posts: 61 Member
    BlueSkyNomad
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    SW: 214.7
    PW: 211
    CW: 211
    LTD: 3.6

Steps:

16881 27 Feb
    12679 28 Feb
    5981 1 Mar
    10268 2 Mar
    9385 3 Mar
    9457 4 Mar
    9217 5 Mar
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,063 Member
    Steps..

Sun- 12,950
    Mon- 9,516
    Tues- 9,880
    Wed- 8,119
    Thurs- 11,182
    Fri- 10,933
    Sat- 4,822
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,063 Member
    I have had a very busy week. Had my granddaughter most of the week, had to work late, I am painting, we had to go to a babyshower yesterday and had to help set up for it on friday night. I am exhausted. I am trying to plan a routine because I feel I really need one especially having my granddaughter here coming to school with me. I am going to see what I can come up with. I will go back and read everyone's posts later, I'm just so tired tonight and after my day of painting and cleaning I started not to feel well.
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,314 Member
    I haven't said much the past week. That's not because I haven't wanted to...it's because my phone is a but thead. I've written two posts which it promptly refreshed before I could post. GRRR. Wasn't feeling very froggy Yesterday and Friday...so I did not attempt another fruitless attempt. Am typing this on the computer. In front of the phone. Let that be a lesson...(to the phone)

So, Ashley asked for NSV...I have to say I've managed to walk at least 30 minutes a day for 7 of the past 8 days. Pretty pleased with that. Told the husband I wanted a longish walk today and expected...maybe two miles? He decided he deserved a diet coke, so we walked at least a mile and a half to the QT and then the same distance back. That is a respectable walk. Back to the office tomorrow...sigh. It will be fine. I managed to get up and around 4 days out of 5 last week, so I think I'm ready.

Now...what was it I was going to say...
    @minstrelofsarcasm I really like that quote. I like it so much that three months ago, when I was making Christmas presents (I create a lot of gifts on Snapfish...I enjoy photography and need an excuse for having 2000 pictures of flowers on my computer.), I decided to use that quote on a desk calendar I made for some friends. This year, it was a calendar with 'inspirational' quotes about perspective (after last year, we all need some) and joy (I repeat...). Anyway...I also have many GS cookies but have not really been eating them. I've had them for 3 or 4 weeks and only one box was eaten...between two of us over the course of...4 days. I'm happy with that.

@KUMEcyclingteam Sorry to hear about your mom. That's always rough. I thought of you last weekend when I was doing my hike with my pal (remember I said we weren't doing a 7+ miler again...yeah, well...6.4)...we got passed by a guy with a fat tire bike. I saw it, thought of you, and then my pal pointed it out...so. Hope your week improved since you last posted. I had this thought about your in like a lion comment...that the out is like a lamb. But I think that's okay, because lambs bounce around and frolic...We can do both. We are mighty! Roar! We are loving our new habits! Frolic! Maybe I put too much thought into that...

@sleepymom5 Glad you got some time with your sis-in-law. Hope she is doing okay. It is very cool that you guys have such a close relationship. That loss is pretty good...maybe you didn't go as off-track as you thought?

@pacsnc6 Glad you got the vaccine! Sad you hurt yourself...I'm also a klutz. I walk into trees. And doors. I trip over my feet, other peoples feet...things that aren't there...I am danger-woman (if any of you are envisioning a dishtowel cape, colander helmet...well, yes, that danger-woman, if you aren't, well, I'm dating or geeking myself). Be careful & hope you have had a better week since.

@podperson1 We have a bakery close to us as well...they have wonderful raspberry-cream cheese danishes. On weekends sometimes we walk there (about 2 miles), have a pastry and then walk back (about 2 miles). I figure a walk that long cancels the pastry. And it is always a good walk. My husband does better at walking if he sees an incentive (have a pastry, have breakfast/bagels out, have diet coke...), so...

@gottagetthisdown I also have a need for high fiber diet. My husband thinks he will die if he doesn't get meat regularly...I'm that way about veg (If I wasn't married to the carnivore, I might be a vegetarian). When I eat too much protein or not enough fiber, nothing feels right. Figuring out what works best can really help. And, welcome to the team!

Okay, that's enough for tonight. Hope everyone has a great week!
This discussion has been closed.