March 4 Sign In

Options
124»

Replies

• fractaltiger
    fractaltiger Posts: 122 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Ok except for perhaps the Texas Workforce Commission letters I received stating I had filed for unemployment. Hmmm. I had to call my boss to make sure I hadn't been fired during the Arctic Vortex and forgot to be notified. Fraud everywhere these days.

@SummerSkier
    Since we handle payroll for small companies, we have been responding to a lot of fraudulent claims for our clients. The kicker was that my boss received a notice from unemployment that HE has applied for unemployment when he owns the business and this is our busy season.

Exercise: Yes, 68 minutes on the elliptical
    Tracking: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Pass Days Used: 0

Stairs: Yes
    Steps: 7,146
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,884 Member
    Options
    Ok except for perhaps the Texas Workforce Commission letters I received stating I had filed for unemployment. Hmmm. I had to call my boss to make sure I hadn't been fired during the Arctic Vortex and forgot to be notified. Fraud everywhere these days.

@SummerSkier
    Since we handle payroll for small companies, we have been responding to a lot of fraudulent claims for our clients. The kicker was that my boss received a notice from unemployment that HE has applied for unemployment when he owns the business and this is our busy season.

I am a little nervous about this situation. I have filed a police report and put a credit review out on my accounts but I think it is limited at this point to the unemployment claim and not a general identity theft. I am hoping they have not started sending money out and have a letter from them today but have not received any "in person" response so it makes me anxious. What if they continue to send money out and then try to force ME to pay taxes on it or repay it? Hopefully the letter will provide additional instructions and ack they received my fraud notice.
  • fractaltiger
    Options
    I am a little nervous about this situation. I have filed a police report and put a credit review out on my accounts but I think it is limited at this point to the unemployment claim and not a general identity theft. I am hoping they have not started sending money out and have a letter from them today but have not received any "in person" response so it makes me anxious. What if they continue to send money out and then try to force ME to pay taxes on it or repay it? Hopefully the letter will provide additional instructions and ack they received my fraud notice.

@SummerSkier
    I don't know how Texas is handling it but Ohio has set up a way to tell them the claim is fraudulent and is sending out corrections so people do not get taxed, etc. We can also contact the state attorney general and there is a federal task force investigating some claims. I suggest checking your state's unemployment website.

• RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    @fractaltiger Our law firm has had a spate of fraudulent unemployment claims including one for me.
    It doesn't help when the state of Illinois Department of Employment Security sends a notice to the employer that arrives after the date has expired to rebut the claim.
  • fractaltiger
    Options
    @fractaltiger Our law firm has had a spate of fraudulent unemployment claims including one for me.
    It doesn't help when the state of Illinois Department of Employment Security sends a notice to the employer that arrives after the date has expired to rebut the claim.

@RangerRickL
    True. We reply to those anyway because they are all behind on processing them and they still need to know it's fraud. A local news station showed video of someone in the state unemployment office writing "FRAUD" in big letters on one of the claims. She had a two foot stack of paper on her desk.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,884 Member
    Options
    @fractaltiger @RangerRickL I can well believe that there would be HUGE stacks of fraud paper. Those agencies are for sure over whelmed. The web site for our state had a fraud form, email, and # to call. I did all of those things and in addition yesterday I printed everything out and mailed it to their fraud department. I guess I would have just liked more than an automated email response that they had received my form back. It worries me they are so far behind that there is money going out which should not be. And lord knows when my work would have been notified. I called them that evening. One other thing I tried to do was lock out the hacker from my specific account by changing the PIN. I could no longer gain access to me account (someone had obviously taken it over) but I was able to change the PIN. Not sure that worked to lock them out but it was all I could think of.

Interestingly I also decided to create a secure (hahah) social security online account so I could watch that. Their method of proving identity was pretty strong secure altho it was still online. It went across several different platforms tho so I think they are probably better at keeping the fraudulent accounts away.

Just musing....
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,886 Member
    Options
    @summerskier @fractaltiger @RangerRickL Sorry for the fraud you all are dealing with at this time. It is horrible how there are those willing to take advantage during difficult times.

My only "fraud" dealing was years ago and it was just a credit card. But this particular card, had idiots for software engineers (I even told the company I could have fixed the problem in my younger day). There was a back door for if you forgot your password. It had three security questions to answers. Turns out, if you got ANY ONE answer correct and two wrong, you got in, instead of having to get all three correct like it likely was intended. The thieves figured out one answer and they logged in and changed our mailing address and phone number before they began their shopping spree. Now, when the card noticed the problem they called the thieves instead of us and mailed the thieves the replacement card too. Was loads of fun, but easier than true identity theft like you all are talking about.
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,886 Member
    Options
    MARCH 2021 ULTIMATE ACCOUNTABILITY CHALLENGE

Start weight, March 1, 2021: 123.2
    March 1, 2021 – 123.2 (-3.0)
    February 1, 2021 - 126.2 (-5.8); Tanita BF scale at 6 am 126.5 and 26%BF
    January 1, 2021 – 132 (-3.6)
    December 1, 2020 – 135.6 (-5.2)
    November 6, 2020 – 140.8 (-7.0)
    October 2, 2020 – 147.8 (-5.2)
    September 14, 2020 – 153.0

Thoughts for daily calories goal
    I need to revisit how I am handling my daily calorie goal for maintenance as I am “failing” in that regard as I lost another 3 lbs while “maintaining” during this month. Having two variables of food calories and exercise calories is challenging for me. In the past I have lost and maintained with less significant exercise numbers so it was more a single variable. I do not want to drop back on exercise as I am doing it for overall health and fitness.

Just use MFP to calculate my maintenance calories/day. Nutritional needs are estimated at 1590, and it predicts that with exercise, I would need 1862 for 1 hour exercise for days/week. Average Apple Watch TDEE for February was 2126. Average calories consumed/day for February were 1686. With three pound loss over the month, to maintain, I would have needed an additional 375 calories/day for a total of 2073/calories/day. So, my thought for March is to consider my daily goal, 1590 plus daily exercise, but, for planning sake, I will expect that number to be around 1900 calories.

March History
    Date: 3/1
    Exercised?: Yes, 1:27:01 group walk at 17’27” pace for 4.98 miles
    Calories?: Yes, 1890/1590 daily + 309 exercise (net 9 cal)
    Tracked?: Yes
    Rings Closed?: Yes, March goal is 27 out of 30 days
    Apple Watch TDEE: 2056

Date: 3/2 (Pass #1)
    Exercised?: Yes, 1:23:51 group walk at 17’10” pace for 4.88 miles
    Calories?: No
    Tracked?: until dinner yes, then no
    Rings Closed?: Yes, 2/27 - March goal is 27 out of 30 days
    Apple Watch TDEE: 2096

*** First pass of the month used. Very much worth the treat – Went to Square Grouper and started with a Key Lime Martini with graham cracker rim (sorry @RangerRickL not the pie), shared appetizers of Flash Fried Conch with Ponzu and Wasabi drizzle (amazing!!), and Ahi Tuna and Avocado eggrolls with Asian dipping sauce, then an entrée of Seared Sesame Encrusted Tuna with Jasmine rice and Asian slaw, and finished with a cup of coffee and a shared Strawberry Nutella Bread pudding with warm butter rum sauce. Though I may not make winners circle at the end of March, I fully intend to end a champion.

Date: 3/3 (Pass #2)
    Exercised?: Yes, 1:22:02 Group walk at 16’50” pace for 4.87 miles
    Calories?: No
    Tracked?: Tracked well all day, then old habits crept back in the evening
    Rings Closed?: Yes, 3/27 - March goal is 27 out of 30 days
    Apple Watch TDEE: 2187

Date: 3/4
    Exercised?: Yes, 0:30:31 Apple Fitness spinning
    Calories?: Yes, 1292/1590 + 229 ( net 527)
    Tracked?: Yes
    Rings Closed?: Yes, 4/27 - March goal is 27 out of 30 days
    Apple Watch TDEE: 2159

*** yes, today was a good day!!! :)

Passes remaining: 1

@summerskier and @pamjsa - you both mentioned a rocky February. Hope for you both your March UAC's are going better. I currently am trying to stabilize my March.
  • Sandrabroccoli3876
    Sandrabroccoli3876 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Started a new workout today - Body Project 30 minute low impact cardio workout. Great cause I have joint pain and this was truly low impact but good cardio nonetheless
    1. Exercise at least 20 mins - YES 30 minute new workout
    2. Stay within calories: YES
    3. Track all intake: YES
  • dsgoingtodoit
    dsgoingtodoit Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    pass day -