2021 Run The Year Group

1235»

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,884 Member
    Thanks @SummerSkier . It felt good.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,373 Member
    @SummerSkier - I hope your ribs are ok, they are so easily broken! I can't imagine what you all have gone through in TX and some are still dealing with the aftereffects of the freeze and then pipes bursting and ruining everything. I hope you will be able to got out for a run soon! Also no need to lurk on the March challenge. There are several of us in the injured reserves that still participate when we can and respond to others.
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Hi all. I disappeared for a while. Ankle injury recovery was slow and I’m still struggling a lot with getting back to feeling fit after Covid - I don’t think it’s long Covid but I’m pretty wrecked. Just so frustrated with it, I’m afraid I got pretty down about everything.

So I’ve done a terrible job for January and February for Getting it Run - I’m so sorry. I just didn’t see this start of the year being as hard as it was.

8 days into March and I’m finally in a groove. 4 miles every couple of days is my plan for March and hopefully build that up.

I am determined not to let you guys down. X
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,029 Member
    @Faebert Glad to hear you are getting into groove. It has been a rough beginning of 2021 for a lot of people!
  • shanaber
    @Faebert - you'll get back into it! I think we all thought 2021 was going to be so different from the end of 2020 and then... just a continuation. But it will get better we still have 9 months of the year and plenty of time to get all the runs in so no worries about letting anyone down. Things happen and we pick up and keep going!
    Also I really hope you don't have any long COVID symptoms hanging on!
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Thanks guys - that means a lot. X
  • vs_shine
    vs_shine Posts: 1,322 Member
    Hello!
    I've signed up for the Run the Year challenge.
    I've logged into my profile and my package is coming in the mail!

Can i join a team?

-Victoria
  • martaindale
    vs_shine wrote: »
    Hello!
    I've signed up for the Run the Year challenge.
    I've logged into my profile and my package is coming in the mail!

Can i join a team?

-Victoria

I think Mind over Miles MFP is the team with the greatest need right now. They were hit pretty hard with injuries. If you look that team up and ask to join, it should notify the team leader and she can let you in.
    Welcome!!
  • martaindale
    Cafelelia wrote: »
    @RisingAboveIt - Thanks, I accepted that request to join so you are now in the team. @skippygirlsmom - Just go to the team tab and scroll down to join team. Search Mind Over Miles MPF and request to join. I can make the team public later. Thanks!

@vs_shine These are 3 of the 4 members of that team. In case you need to reach out to someone!
  • shanaber
    @vs_shine - Let us know if you don't get added to the team and I will see what I can do.
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Hi @vs_shine - I added you to the team! Welcome!!
  • vs_shine
    vs_shine Posts: 1,322 Member
    edited March 2021
    Yay! Thank you! Looking forward to adding my miles!
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,536 Member
    Hello everyone! I am on team Mind Over Miles. I had a pretty long lazy streak but have gotten off my rear and am back to adding miles for the team.
  • martaindale
    @RisingAboveIt Glad to have you back!!
  • martaindale
    Team Getting It Run crossed 500 miles earlier this month. Good job guys. Keep it up. We are on pace to just finish by the end of the year!