TEAM: Flab-U-Less (April)

Options
AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215.

Replies

• TypingToaster
    TypingToaster Posts: 4,110 Member
    Options
    I completely forgot to weigh myself last Sunday and didn't even think about it until Wednesday. By then, it was a little too late for Sunday, so I didn't weigh myself. I did weigh myself this morning.

TypingToaster
    Weigh-in Day: Sunday
    PW: 335
    CW: 329.8

It is a loss of 5.2 pounds and a loss of 1.55% of my weight for this week.

I woke up this morning to a Google Calendar notification on my phone reminding me that I had a goal of reaching 332.8 pounds today. My goal for this month was to reach 327.5, but since that's only 2.3 pounds away, My new goal is to reach 322.5 pounds in April.
  • SuzFit212
    SuzFit212 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Hi team! I'm new here this round and am very excited to join the challenge! I was doing these challenges a little over a year ago, but had to leave when I got pregnant with my fourth kiddo. Thanks for having me! :blush:
  • dheliason
    dheliason Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    dheliason
    April week 1
    Monday
    PW: 152.1
    CW: 151.7
  • TennGal85
    TennGal85 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    That's great, @TypingToaster!! Congrats!!

Welcome to the group, @SuzanneElizabeth16!!
  • lorianncorrea
    lorianncorrea Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! So....Sunday, April 4th, officially kicked off our April Challenge! This challenge runs from Sunday April 4th to Sat. May 1st. (This challenge will have 5 weeks). So the 1st weigh ins will be those people that chose Sunday as their weigh day. Sorry for the confusion, it keeps things equal.
    We are also going to be running (Optional) Mini-challenges again this month: Question of the Week and Daily Posts

First and foremost is that participation in these challenges is optional. It's up to you as to whether you want to try this. If you don't want to participate in these challenges, you don't have to, the choice is yours, but I would like to encourage you to participate as it seems to help keep us on track and thinking about our goals on a daily basis and it's encouraging to see other's successes and struggles so that we realize that we are not alone!!

The Daily Posts Challenge is based on another challenge on MFP called UAC (Ultimate Accountability Challenge). The way UAC works is that the aim is to follow 5 basic rules.

#1. Track EVERYTHING you eat that has calories.
    #2. Stay inside your allocated daily budget.
    #3. Try to do at least 20 minutes of activity a day (anything: walk, run, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.. As long as it gets you active and off the couch)
    #4. 1 pass day permitted per week (went over calories, could not track, not enough exercise, intentional pass)
    #5. Check in daily (tracking yes/no, calories yes/no, exercise yes/no).

****End of the week. those who have managed to keep to plan for 6 out of 7 days are recognized in the thread as being part of the weekly "Winners Circle".

A side note as there has been a bit of confusion for new members in the past, this is not the same as the official results, which are weight based, this is just another tool to help you reach your weight loss goals.

**REMEMBER**
    You set your own daily budget.
    You choose you own exercise and intensity (no step limit, no exercises you cannot or should not do, 20 mins of gardening counts as much as a 10 mile run, activity is activity, anything that gets you up and moving!).
    Is not weight based (as weight fluctuates day by day).
    Can continue beyond weight loss.

Daily check in keeps you in touch with those doing similar. Longer term weight management is hard to do on your own.

It also has frequent resets (as in a circle each week).

It works on an honor system. Being honest with yourself and others is a key to making things work. Remember, this is a judgement free zone, everyone has good days and bad days, but the way to get to the finish line is by being honest and when we have a bad day, picking ourselves up and carrying on the next day!

Consistency and new habits have been shown the only long term successful way to change weight. We all want the progress made here to last a lifetime.

Your posts should look like this:
    Daily Post (Sunday/Date)

Track: Yes/no
    Calories: Yes/no (were you under)
    Exercise: Yes/no (what type and how long)
    Goals/Day/Comments: (Tell us a brief description about your how your day went or your goals for the day)

The Question of the Week Challenge is a fun participation booster and we will be using it sometimes just as fun and sometimes it can help to foster new ideas for others as we all are different and have different experiences so sharing ideas can help someone else with motivation of freshening up their routine even!! Keep on the lookout for these questions.[/color]

Please post your weight on your scheduled weigh in day, as if you miss weigh-ins, you may be eliminated from the challenge and we don't want to see that happen!!

Your posts should look like this:
    Username:
    Week: November Week 1
    PW =(previous weight)
    CW=(current weight)
    Just type PW & CW if you'd like (or if it's easier, you could keep a note on your PC desktop to make it easier to copy and paste from week to week.)

Please, please setup your posts in that format as it really makes it much easier for me to track your progress for the challenges and the weight loss!!

I'd like to help us be as successful as possible and if I can help in any way, please let me know. Also, if you have any suggestions for the team or fun ideas to spice things up a bit, please feel free to share them, I look for new ways to help engagement and keep people motivated!!

I am committed to this group and to help where I can, and please let me know if I can help in any way!!

Your team Captain,
    Lori (lorianncorrea)
  • lorianncorrea
    Options
    Hi everyone. My name is Lori and I had been helping out as co-captain but this is my first month as team Captain. I have been using MFP off and on for a few years. December 2019 I decided I needed to make some lifestyle changes. I was over 300lbs and feeling terrible. I had high blood pressure & was pre-diebetic. I knew I needed to make some changes. So I started doing intermittent fasting and using MFP to track my eating. I have lost 100 lbs so far and my AC1 has gone from 6.1 to 5.2. And I feel great. I started keto in August because I hit a plateau. And it has been working. So please bear with me. If you'd like you can send me a friend request.

Welcome everyone & good luck!
  • lorianncorrea
    Options
    Week 1
    Lorianncorrea
    PW: 207.6
    CW: 206.8
  • TennGal85
    TennGal85 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Thanks for stepping up to Captain, @lorianncorrea!! We all appreciate your dedication to the group! And thanks for sharing your story. That's a great accomplishment. Continued success and let me know if there's anything I can do to help with the group.
    BJ
  • kgraeff0308
    kgraeff0308 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Track; yes
    Under: no
    Exercise; yes. 45 minutes tenth and weights
    Comments: I spent the day cleaning out the garage. Burned a lot of calories, but let myself get too hungry. I over ate at dinner and now I feel like crap.
  • WA_Teacher
    WA_Teacher Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Hi Team!

I'm a 5th grade ELA teacher in Washington State. March has been INSANE for me. Right now I’m trying really hard to get my stress eating under control. This month I'm hoping to tighten up on my exercise routine and eating habits. My goal for April is to get to the out for a walk as much as possible and/or do home workouts at least 4 times a week, and drink at least 64 ounces of water daily. Hopefully these goals will help me drop some of the weight I’ve gained.
  • WA_Teacher
    WA_Teacher Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    WA_Teacher
    WK# 1
    Sunday
    Previous Weight: 233
    Current Weight: 232.5
  • chiddss
    chiddss Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Sorry I normally have Monday weigh ins but have only just had the chance to post...

Chiddss
    April Week 1
    Monday weigh ins
    Previous week 207.5
    Todays weight 205.5

Happy with 2lbs off this week :D
  • lorianncorrea
    Options
    @chiddss Way to go! 👏
  • kgraeff0308
    Options
    Track: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yea. 30 minute lunch walk, ran 2.5 miles, played baseball with the kids for over an hour
    Comments: Just another day. I am exhausted...
  • SuzFit212
    Options
    Track? yes
    Under? Yes
    Exercise? Yes, brisk 4k walk
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Welcome new members to the team. It's been a busy week for me but I just thought I'd jump on and wish everyone a great week and a great April.
  • kgraeff0308
    Options
    Track: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes. Lunch walk and C25K week 4.
    Comments: fingers crossed for tomorrow’s weigh in!
  • SeptemberSun_1333
    SeptemberSun_1333 Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    Track: Yes
    Under Calories: Yes
    Exercise: No, but got in some good steps!
    Goals/Day/Comments: I saw the number of the scale go up last Saturday. Not gonna lie, I wasn't too happy. With that said I did go down by one belt hole so I definitely lost something just not a scale number.
  • SuzFit212
    Options
    Track? Yes
    Under? No,but very close.
    Exercise? No, but was busy all day.
  • kgraeff0308
    Options
    KGraeff0308
    April Week 1
    PW: 166.5