Monthly Post for April 2021

Options
Meghan509
Meghan509 Posts: 1,971 Member
Happy April everybody!

Hope everybody is doing well and is excited for some warmer weather!!?? I know I sure am.

See you soon. Hugs to all. <3

Replies

• mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Morning people! Thanks for the fresh start to a new month Meghan! Wow... hello April!

I’m feeling bloated and gross and in need of a bottle of ginger kombucha and a good solid fast!
    My mom got xrays yesterday, no results yet. Her left hand is absolutely black from bruising!!! Using walker to be cautious, but she’s doing better.

I need a good sleep! Feel exhausted. This week have been woken up by neighbors house alarm at 4am, our smoke detector went off monday night at 2:30am (apparently you can’t have a dusty smoke alarm!!!!) and I’ve got a neighbor right beside me that thinks he’s in an industrial park.... we play ‘name that power tool’!

That’s my rant today, hopefully everyone is having a good week! Tomorrow starts Easter weekend and this is the first time I haven’t decorated or planned a dinner!! Stupid covid!
  • KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,529 Member
    Options
    Morning, all! We have today off for Good Friday. I plan on filling out a couple of applications and cleaning my room. Also going to air out the house, since it's supposed to be beautiful and I live with stinky men. (Sorry, gentlemen!)

@mamainthekitchen I hope your mom heals quickly! And I hope you got to fast and feel better and your neighborhood is a little bit quieter.

@Meghan509 I hope you have a nice weekend! Enjoy the weather!

Have a lovely weekend, everyone! Happy Easter! Stay healthy!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Happy Friday all!

Hope everybody is having a GOOD Friday! LOL ;)

Things are good here. Quiet day at work. Yep, WORK sigh... Seems like everybody but us is closed on Good Friday, but what do I know?! Not to mention our same company's offices in UK and Europe are all closed but nope, not us. UGH. Rant over. :(

My guy and I are getting super duper bored of eggs and tuna salad and A LOT of Keto foods. I am planning to increase my carbs and add in some more veggies, beans and possibly some lower carb grains. Looking forward to a little change! Who knew I'd ever miss Garbanzo beans. LOL

We are going over my BF's parents house for Easter Sunday. His Mom is making fish. Yummy.

Have a good Friday, a nice weekend and a lovely Easter if you are celebrating.

Stay well all. <3
  • autopilot_off
    autopilot_off Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Happy April fellow fasters. Just wanted to drop in and share my March measurement progress. I lost 1.5 inches total; 1/2 inch off each thigh and another inch off my waist. Plus I gained a 1/2 inch on my chest. I hope you all have a wonderful Easter weekend!
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Hi all.... wide awake here just after midnight!! Spent 6 hours at emerg dept with my mom today .,.. with the holiday she was not called by dr as planned during the week so no splint! Therefore, long story, we decided to just go to emerg instead of waitin till tues for splint on her thumb. By the time we were leaving I had completed a 24 hr fast! By accident... but used it to my fasting advantage ;) so happy she has been wrapped with ‘soft’ cast for her fractured thumb and diagnosed with water on the knee! Now it’s just time to heal!

I’m so exhausted! And I cannot sleep! I’m wired! Contemplating a wee bit of scotch!!

Autopilot, way to go with your change in measurements.... great news for you!

I’m sure you survived the work day meg so enjoy your weekend! Your ‘mil’ sounds so nice to make a delish dinner for you both!!!! I think that’s a good idea to incorporate a few extra carbs and or low glycemic foods. Enjoy& have fun!!

Enjoy your fresh smelling house Kate!! LOL (yup I hear ya!)

Talk later !
  • autopilot_off
    autopilot_off Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    @mamainthekitchen congratulations on the 24 hr fast!! I hope your mother heals quickly.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Hope you all had a good Easter! Would you believe that today in Ireland it is snowing!!!!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning all!

Happy belated Easter, for those of you who were celebrating! We had a nice time and our Easter meal was yummy - cod with potatoes and veggies. :)

Today is day one of "less" carbs. Time for a change and to start moving in to more of a "normal" eating WOE, lose the last 20 and maintain. A little nervous but exciting too. :)

@mamainthekitchen thinking of you and sending positive healthy vibes to your Mom. Congrats on the 24 hour fast, that is awesome!

@autopilot_off congrats on your March progress - way to go!!

@KateNkognito and @melaniecheeks hope you are well!!

Have a good day and a good start to the week. See you soon!!
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Thanks Meg & Autopilot! I must try to do that more often, on purpose, because it wasn’t horrible!

Meg, your plan for losing the last 20.... inspiring! I need to do the same.... keep losing and gaining the same 5 lbs here!!!

My dinner was similar; salmon, asparagus, and new potatoes ( the tiny ones and I had only one) & salad. First time in 27 years I did not decorate for Easter! I love decorations, but wasn’t in the mood with covid this year!

@melaniecheeks snow??? LOL
    Kate hope your weekend was great!
    Today I’ve got a ton of housework!!!!! Like I mean a ton!! It’s sunny outside here, poor Melanie!!

My mom is right handed and is frustrated not being able to use it.... just going to take some time! At 89..... lots of time!

Have a good day!
    Gotta date with my swiffer and Vera the vaccum!!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    @Meghan509 Sounds like you have a solid plan. You have done really well getting to where you are now. I know what you mean about being nervous about those last pounds.
    @autopilot_off Congratulations on the loss! That is some good progress!
    @mamainthekitchen Congrats on the accidental fast! I hope your mom heals quickly!
    @melaniecheeks I have only ever seen snow on Easter once! I hope it melts quickly and spring comes soon.

I had a really nice fast today. 22 hours and then I will have another 14 hours. My meal was half of a bagged salad, buffalo ranch flavor, my favorite. I forgot about them, then a coupon popped up. :) I got applications filled out, my room cleaned, and we had a nice Easter.
    I hope everyone has a great week! Stay healthy!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Thanks so much for your kind words. Yesterday went well. Mixed it up and had salad with dinner which was nice.
    Feeling a little hungry this AM, which is not like me since it is still pretty early for me. Otherwise things are good here.

Managed to get the last of our stuff out of our storage unit, so that is another item to check off the list as done! Our long move is finally over and everything we own is under one roof, and crazy as it sounds pretty organized!

Yesterday I placed the order for our table, chairs and umbrella for our patio outside. They will start to arrive later this week. Can't wait for summer!

Hope everybody has a good day. See you soon.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Happy Wednesday!

Enjoy and stay well, y'all. :)
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    @Meghan509 That is super exciting to have everything under one roof AND organized! I am jealous of the new patio furniture. I have had my eye on a set for a while, but I can't get my husband on board.

It is cloudy and rainy, so I am going to sleep early after I take a nice hot shower. :) Have a great end of the week! Stay healthy!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning all!

Thanks @KateNkognito we are very excited in our new place. Yesterday after work we went around and hung a bunch of pictures. He had a lot of nice stuff from various trips and I had a lot of nice stuff too. Found lots of cute things on Amazon as well. Makes it feel nice and homey.

Not much else new here. Work is a little busy but that's okay. Grateful to have a job in these crazy pandemic times.

Have a great day and see you guys soon!
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    wow, it's Saturday!!

It's been a long week.... no time to measure, weigh or fast... ! My mom has now got a specially formed cast on for her broken thumb! She's so mad.... can't drive, can't bake, can't sew etc. I've been over several times this past week to help out. We also got stuck on the 4th floor of the ortho centre when the elevator broke! yup! Her with water on the knee and having to use a cane and can't hang on to a hand rail because of the cast!! omg.... not good! what a week. She's on the mend but everyone is telling her to see a lawyer. Probably consider that route since the store has not called to even see how she is!

anyhow, lots going on here! Windy and very cold here but suppose to be sunny all next week!

I've just come back from dog walk AND my own walk IN MY BRAND NEW RUNNERS!!! yes!! They finally arrived! Hallelujah!
    They're Hoka One One Bondi 7's Black/Iris Blue/Ballad colour~!! and they are sooooo nice for my feet!

Today I'm fasting and have just now had 20 grams of avocado to tie me over to dinner.... beef kabobs & salad. I'm hoping I'll be back on track now, the new runners help and having my mom more settled is good.

hope you all are having a great weekend! Meg, sounds like a big balcony if you've got an umbrella! Sounds lovely B)
    Kate, hope work is going well for you these days
    and Melanie, snow is at higher elevations here on the west coast of BC... upper mountain passes are getting dumped on and we've got a freezing wind right now... crazy weather!

Also, going to try Autopilot's path of measuring, and I'm starting with my waist! I used to do that, but fell off that when I bought the scale. So I'll find my tape measure and see the damage!

• melaniecheeks
    Options
    I'm a big fan of Hoka running shoes too, enjoy them! here in Norn Irn, our Covid restrictions are easing slowly, but from today outdoor training sessions of up to 15 people can take place. So I'm actually looking forward to getting back to running training with my club this evening!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning all!

Happy Monday! Boo... :( LOL

My weekend went crazy fast! Been on a kick buying plants! Oh dear. New plant rack is on the way from Amazon. I will take some pics to share. :)

@mamainthekitchen glad your Mom is okay and stabilizing. Phew! When older folks take a fall it is scary.

@melaniecheeks glad things are starting to relax there. Phew. Hope you had a nice run with your club!

@KateNkognito and @autopilot_off hope you are doing well!!

Rainy April day here in Southern New England. Looking forward to hopefully getting the new patio table set up tomorrow when the rain is supposed to ease up a bit. Right now it is in a big box in our dining room. :o We received two of the four chairs we ordered. A lot of things are delayed I am told. That's okay because it is still a bit cold and rainy for the patio.

Last week it was so pretty and warm one day, I went out in the yard and cleared away a bunch of sticks and branches that had fallen. So much wind lately! Argh.

Have a great day and a good week! See you soon!
  • melaniecheeks
    Options
    Well it took me 37 minutes to run 3 miles, but it was great to see other people and chat about what Facebook memories are being thrown up. In the UK it's quite confusing in that the restrictions are slightly different in each of the home nations. So England opened up quite a bit yesterday, with outdoor seating in pubs, and non-essential retail. And hairdressers! We have to wait till Thursday until our Executive announces what easements we can have. But all our children are back at school, and I hope to get to a garden centre later today.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Sounds good @melaniecheeks glad you had a nice visit with your running buddies! Hair dressers are important. LOL! Hope everything gets back opened soon for you guys.
    I have been following England closely since the company I work for has an office there. Hoping you and all my colleagues are able to get to work and school and to have some normalcy back again! <3

Hard to believe that three weeks has gone by and we are both getting our second and final vaccine shots shortly. My guy will go for his second on Saturday and I will go on Tuesday, a week from today. Looking forward to being fully vaccinated and feeling some more normalcy. We honestly don't worry a lot about getting COVID-19 as we are not high risk. But, I wouldn't want to get it and pass it along to someone high risk, especially unknowingly. UGH.

Yesterday I cleaned up and organized my work from home office. Have to say it is looking nice!! Hung up some more pictures and a sign that my late grandfather had hung in their old home. Good stuff.

That's all I have for now. Have a good day and see you all soon.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Happy Wednesday!

Hope all is well with you guys. :)

Have a good one. -Meg