Swaps

Replies

• conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    I also thought you meant pudding in your coffee, and not gonna lie, I was like "huh, I bet chocolate pudding in coffee would be delicious!" :P

Lol...I thought the exact same thing!....aren’t we funny?
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    I think the texture might be a problem... You know when you carrying on drinking your tea, but you’ve misjudged the Rich Tea dunking and half has fallen in your tea 😬
  • dcshima
    dcshima Posts: 529 Member
    After being previously disappointed by low carb ice cream, Halo top & traditional ice cream adds little to daily macros, been on the hunt for something protein & relatively sweet...I present

Frozen berries with lakanto + cottage cheese, let them hang out a few minutes to start to meld. Thinking it would be good food processed or blended together for refreshing summer treat.

Could also add chocolate or pb drizzle if you have calories budget.

FYI, Costco has frozen raspberries+blueberries+ blackberries 4lbs $10.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,587 Member
    edited April 2021
    dcshima wrote: »
    After being previously disappointed by low carb ice cream, Halo top & traditional ice cream adds little to daily macros, been on the hunt for something protein & relatively sweet...I present

Frozen berries with lakanto + cottage cheese, let them hang out a few minutes to start to meld. Thinking it would be good food processed or blended together for refreshing summer treat.

Could also add chocolate or pb drizzle if you have calories budget.

FYI, Costco has frozen raspberries+blueberries+ blackberries 4lbs $10.

berries or other frozen, something like unsweetened vanilla cashew milk, and a half or full previously sliced and frozen banana (has the most calories; but, is the item that adds the (I suppose probably) starch and sugar magic that turns everything into a bit of an ice cream). I used to do this quite often and it was actually quite good and could be more towards ice cream or more towards a shake or smoothie depending on the amount of unsweetened vanilla cashew milk :smile: I suppose I would have thrown in a bit of liquid sucralose (or the mini tablets) if I wanted it sweeter...

Will have to try it with cottage cheese. Cottage cheese is one of the few foods that I've never really warmed up to in life... which is a bit of a mystery to me as I am, let us just say, "accommodating" :lol:
  • dcshima
    Yes you can do a decent Wendys frosty or shake with ice, frozen banana, protein powder in powerful blender. Can even mask some spinach in there as well.

Cottage cheese brings both creamy & protein.
  • PAV8888
    Yes you can do a decent Wendys frosty or shake with ice, frozen banana, protein powder in powerful blender. Can even mask some spinach in there as well.

Cottage cheese brings both creamy & protein.

What kind of cottage cheese? I believe they have full fat, 2% or 1% around here? Something like that... never really paid much attention other than once a few years back when I believe I tried some dry cottage cheese which was like about 0.5% or 1%, and which lasted just about one third of the one pail I bought before being.... rejected :blush:
  • dcshima
    edited April 2021
    USA doesn't really have dry cottage cheese that I have found.

I prefer 4% small curd. 2% may be ok in pinch, but I struggle with less than that fat content as it changes the taste. Also different brands taste different too, I like Walmart Great Value & Kroger house brands over name brands.

I occasionally go savory with cottage cheese for salad, add diced cucumbers & tomatoes in the summer produce, quick meal or side.

Can also add it to SF jello too as I mentioned in previous post.

My understanding is cottage cheese whey is base for whey protein powder.
  • PAV8888
    USA doesn't really have dry cottage cheese that I have found.

I prefer 4% small curd. 2% may be ok in pinch, but I struggle with less than that fat content as it changes the taste. Also different brands taste different too, I like Walmart Great Value & Kroger house brands over name brands.

I occasionally go savory with cottage cheese for salad, add diced cucumbers & tomatoes in the summer produce, quick meal or side.

Can also add it to SF jello too as I mentioned in previous post.

My understanding is cottage cheese whey is base for whey protein powder.

Ha! cottage cheese for salad interesting... I confess that I've often made "dressing" by piling some 0% greek plain (the less sweet tasting varieties). Especially if I've sneaked a couple of boiled potatoes or a hard egg in a salad... or as coleslaw dressing substitute

You're making me consider giving cottage cheese a try again. I am fairly sure my dry was Great Value from WallyMart in Canada... no way we would have product you guys don't have in the states?!?!?!?!?
  • dcshima
    edited April 2021
    I also add cottage cheese to scrambled eggs while cooking in lieu other cheese or bolognese with zucchini peeled like pappredelle for faux lasagna (I just throw in bowl don't layer & bake) to make them creamy.
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,611 Member
    I love cottage cheese - and have strayed a bit from it lately. You all have steered me right back to that wonderfood!
  • conniewilkins56
    I like cottage cheese....by itself on a little plate away from other food!
  • PAV8888
    I love Greek yogurt 😇😹
  • conniewilkins56
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    I love Greek yogurt 😇😹

Me, too....I used to think it was too thick but these days I love it and I love how much protein it has....lately it is my “go to “ after I swim...I might try mixing the plain with dry Ranch packet for veggie dip...

I really do like a variety of foods....I just don’t like them all mixed together lol
  • PAV8888
    CCCGG puts pasta and bolognaise sauce separately on her plate!
    Drives my hamsters nuts!
    So I won't go into what happens to her hamsters when I just dump everything in one pot/plate/container... hey... it's all ending in the same place, right?!?!?
    :lol:
    But, I'll still bite the head off a chocolate bunny first so it doesn't have to suffer! :joy:
  • dcshima
    @conniewilkins56 tried greek yogurt + ranch packet, pretty decent, recommend making big batch over portion size as hard to get ratio right

I do prefer 10gram bottled ranch dressing + 50 gram greek yogurt, seems to level it out better

Still need to try making my own ranch dressing mix then metering in greek yogurt with sour cream
  • dcshima
    Five brand gum is my go to when trying to hold off unintentional eating. Flavors last & gum doesn't get sticky, along with actually blowing smallish bubbles!
  • Joeblackwell75
    Joeblackwell75 Posts: 13 Member
    I finally gave up Mayo. I grew up with Blue Plate Mayo in our house because that's what my grandmother used. I've always used it on sandwiches and burgers. Now, I just use mustard, but sometimes I use spicy mustard if I want a different taste. If I want something sweet, I usually have an apple cinnamon rice cake with a banana or some other type of fruit on top. This satisfies my craving and it's a lot less calories than ice cream or some type of candy bar. Fruit is a great option for something sweet, especially when the fruit is in season. I learned that I can have 200 g of fresh strawberries for only 66 calories. Every day is a learning experience.
  • conniewilkins56
    I finally gave up Mayo. I grew up with Blue Plate Mayo in our house because that's what my grandmother used. I've always used it on sandwiches and burgers. Now, I just use mustard, but sometimes I use spicy mustard if I want a different taste. If I want something sweet, I usually have an apple cinnamon rice cake with a banana or some other type of fruit on top. This satisfies my craving and it's a lot less calories than ice cream or some type of candy bar. Fruit is a great option for something sweet, especially when the fruit is in season. I learned that I can have 200 g of fresh strawberries for only 66 calories. Every day is a learning experience.

I like the Hellman’s Light Mayonaise for 35 calories a Tablespoon....

I have LOTS of different mustards and use them a lot!....

I really like Hillshire Turkey Kielbasa at 90 calories for 2 ounces....it has quite a bit of sodium in it but it sure tastes good!

I am learning to really like Chobani less sugar Greek Yogurt and Dannon Lite and Fit Greek Yogurt....has lots of protein and it sticks to your ribs for a while!....I add some berries and cinnamon to it!

And the new sugar free creamers at 15 calories a Tablespoon are amazing....I have 5 or 6 kinds in the refrigerator....and it makes amazing frozen coffee frappes in the blender!...

I love to eat and I love to cook and I love grocery stores and produce markets!
  • Rashel_kitten
    Rashel_kitten Posts: 81 Member
    I have tried 3 times now in 3 different meals to swap sour cream for light sour cream and I just don't like it :( so I guess it's a swap fail...

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,611 Member
    I have tried 3 times now in 3 different meals to swap sour cream for light sour cream and I just don't like it :( so I guess it's a swap fail...

Me too! Would much rather eat half as much sour cream and eat full fat. But, with some foods I've been able to make the switch to a thick plain greek yogurt and found that worked well.