HW (Highest Weight): 155
    PW (Previous Weight): 136.9
    CW (Current Weight): 136.4
  • bumpbreakcar
    bumpbreakcar Posts: 191 Member
    @melaniedscott omg yummmmmmm
  • cldvermont
    cldvermont Posts: 9 Member
    I think I missed my weigh-in last week, sorry!

Username: cldvermont
    Weigh-in day: Sunday
    SW: 182.2
    PW: 178.2
    CW: 177.8

Net loss = 0.4 lbs
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,126 Member
    Steps..

Sun- 17,175
    Mon- 10,708
    Tues- 11,832
    Wed- 6,928
    Thurs- 8,145
    Fri- 8,266
    Sat- 18,388
  • goingape
    goingape Posts: 429 Member
    @minstrelofsarcasm hi @jugar had it right. It was backwards ! My bad, sorry!
  • Just_Kisha
    Just_Kisha Posts: 189 Member
    Just_Kisha
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    SW: 167.2 - March 16th
    PW: 156.0 - April 19th
    CW: 154.6 - April 26th
    LTD: 12.6 lbs
  • moamb
    moamb Posts: 9 Member
    Moamb
    Weigh-in day Monday
    Pw: 137.6
    Cw: 136.6
  • jedaschultz
    jedaschultz Posts: 1,023 Member
    Username: jedaschultz
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    Week:4
    PW (Previous Weight): 205.2
    CW (Current Weight): 203.8

:)

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,271 Member
    Registration for MAY 2021 is open! Please invite friends or share the link with anyone you think would be a great new member:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10831398/registration-for-new-members-may-2021/p1?new=1
  • Calli1616
    Calli1616 Posts: 1,922 Member
    Calli1616

Weigh in Day: Mondays
    Week 4 - April 26
    PW: 178.6
    CW: 178.6

Third week in a row I am exactly the same. Ugh.
  • rachelrjh
    rachelrjh Posts: 258 Member
    Today is a good day for my weight-loss journey. I’m back to 160 lbs. In years past, I would diet and lose from 160, but during Covid, I let my weight go all the way up to 198 lbs.

I’m not sure of my exact goal weight. I’ll decide when I get there. I’m thinking it will be anywhere in the range of 125 to 140 pounds.

The graph below is my weight over the past 8 years. It shows how I’ve never been able to maintain a consistent weight. But this time will be different because I’m going to continue using this app and logging my food even after I reach my goal.

y9plpw7asagr.jpeg
  • debbiewsharpe
    debbiewsharpe Posts: 470 Member
    @goingape - GREAT advice!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,528 Member
    edited April 2021
    ~ Welcome to April Week Five ~

Hi Folks! Similar to last week, I completely forgot to make this post yesterday. But not similar to last week, I have an excuse this time. Yesterday was the day immediately after my second dose of the vaccine, and I decided to spend the entire day feeling anxious about when more serious side effects would hit me, despite having had a rough time after the first dose (and expecting to only have a rough time after the first and NOT the second). Seriously. My side effects were just general muscle fatigue, inability to concentrate for more than 10 minutes at a time (which could have just been the coffee), and mild fogginess.

But this morning, I was feeling more than ready to wake up early, hit up spin class, and perform well. Well... beyond during the one song dedicated towards upper body work involving the weighted bar resting on the bike. My arm is still sore, so let's just say my left arm strength isn't quite back to normal yet.

Now let's get to what you're really reading this post for...

~ Super Steppers ~

Our top stepper:
    @annliz23 !!
    - 16,732 steps per day on average, deviating 2,757 steps

Our most consistent stepper:
    @debbiewsharpe !
    - 13,717 steps per day on average, deviating 2,097 steps

Ended on a high note:
    @ljdanny
    - 11,635 steps per day on average, final day step count of 18,388

Beat their last week step counts:
    @lennoncpa
    - 65,724 steps
    AND
    @dbrinkmeyer
    - 58,896 steps (estimated from steps posted mid-week)

2b1f789cb85dc126a0a7c3b1ac90c9a4.png
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 42,885 Member
    You have a new member heading your way ... Please welcome @ginamyrmel :)
  • KristieJC
    KristieJC Posts: 243 Member
    Welcome @ginamyrmel!
  • rachelrjh
    My elbow is healing. I’m wondering how long it will be to completely feel better. I want to get back to lifting weights with it. I’m also wondering why my elbow joint was too weak for me to stand on my hands with my feet against the wall. My joint literally gave out when I got vertical. Oh well, some things in life are a mystery.
    obnlffqe0k4u.jpeg
  • rachelrjh
    @goingape . I’ve been wanting to start a skin care routine, but I don’t know what product to use.

I have a few acne scars and light brown spotting from aging. What cream do you recommend for that? I don’t care about the cost I just want something that I will actually see results with using.
  • pizzafruit
    pizzafruit Posts: 318 Member
    User name: Pizzafruit
    Week 5
    Weigh-in day: Wednesday
    PW: 274.6
    CW: 274.2
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Went to Mt. Airy NC yesterday just to get away for a day. Saw the "Whittling Wall" and took a short walk on the "Greenway" a nice trail that follows the river around the town. Today we stopped at Pilot Mountain State Park on the way home but the sky was very hazy so the views were not great. I enjoyed walking in the park anyway. Of course when we ate dinner last night at Cracker Barrel I overdid it and ordered the country fried chicken dinner -- too much breading which I just nibbled on but I ate all the meat. We'll see how much that affects my weigh in tomorrow.
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    pacsnc6
    week 4
    pw: 157.8
    cw: 161.3

I wasn't expecting that big of a change! I did eat more than usual the last couple days and riding for 3 hours in a car didn't help with getting in steps either. But the trip was worth it, fun to be out again. Today I get another Keytruda infusion - that only takes about an hour and is definitely worth the time as it is working! Thank God for medicine and doctors.
  • goingape
    goingape Posts: 429 Member
    @rachelrjh hi! Glad you liked the post. Right now in the evening I’m doing a miceller water cleanser, toner, eye cream, hyaluronic acid based skin serum, and moisturizer. I do the same in the morning but sub out the serum for a retinol based skin oil.

For products I just go to Walmart since I’m on a budget; I cant recommend anything specific for you since we have different skin problems but I’ve been enjoying doing the above routine for several months. I found it from an Instagram post. Lol.
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    @tryingagain5 sorry to see you go. Good luck with everything!
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,435 Member
    edited April 2021
    This morning I realized Cameron's coffee is now commenting on my lifestyle choices...
    i0ay9eeu352f.jpg

jghmiz1l6zys.jpg

mesu80wer2x5.jpg

It's been that kind of year...
  • gottagetthisdown
    gottagetthisdown Posts: 125 Member
    Username: gottagetthisdown
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    PW (Previous Weight): 174
    CW (Current Weight):173.2
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,528 Member
    minstrelofsarcasm
    April Week Five

Weigh In Day: Thursdays
    PW (Previous Weight): 170.0 (April 22nd)
    CW (Current Weight): 171.0 (April 29th)
    LTD (Loss to Date): 63 lbs

This was expected. I gave in to my urges yesterday, and ate way too much, and didn't stop eating. My body was put through a lot of stress on Tuesday, but not enough to warrant eating extra pretzels and extra chocolate chips and extra crackers and extra cheese and alcohol and a heavy cream based dinner and and and and and and...

Maybe it'll be better tomorrow. I'm writing a blog post and hoping my post-blog whoosh comes through to save my sanity.

Food:

As I said above, my eating has not been great this past week. I'm working on it, and since my stress levels have drastically decreased, I am definitely more likely to stick to my good habits. There's not much else to really say on the topic.

Exercise:

Outside my horrific self control issue with food this week, I have been pretty on top of my workout routines. After taking Monday off (for vaccine recovery), I did three classes (one spin, two resistance) on Tuesday, took a rest day yesterday, and did a spin class this morning (with one resistance, and one spin, class planned for after work). One spin class tomorrow morning, and I'll play the weekend by ear. Given the gorgeous weather Cleveland is expecting this weekend, I'm sure I'll end up going for a long walk to soak up the sweet, sweet sunshine.

Mindset:

This past week has been nothing but back and forth phone calls with my neurologist, my medical insurance, copay assistance programs, and the manufacturer of my MS drug medication. The free drug program I've been in for the past year is coming to a close, and it caused nothing but confusion between all of the aforementioned parties. So, of course, they kept calling to confirm information about my diagnosis and medication usage and my income levels every time my doctor shifted my prescription to find something that could be covered.

For reference, my MS medication has a $1300+ copay, and switching to any alternative medication would require going to the hospital to get an infusion or regular injections or taking a pill that would drastically shift my eating habits... and all of those options are less effective medications. I'm sure you can imagine just how frustrated I've been.

But I'm doing a reset. I think. And I'm hoping to see a loss tomorrow morning, but I'm going to stay realistic about it, since I know I'll likely have some water bloat tomorrow morning after all of my activities planned for tonight.
    giphy.gif
  • KristieJC
    KristieJC Posts: 243 Member
    @minstrelofsarcasm $1300 copay? Holy crap. How do they expect people to afford that?

I hope you can get everything worked out. I don’t have a chronic illness like this, but my husband does (Crohn’s) and it can be so difficult in so many different ways. And effective treatments for autoimmune diseases seem to be particularly elusive.
  • dbrinkmeyer
    dbrinkmeyer Posts: 96 Member
    edited April 2021
    @rachelrjh yikes that looks like it hurt
    @KristieJC @minstrelofsarcasm 1300???? I'm sorry.

Weigh in day for me today:
    Week:5
    Weigh-in day: Thursday
    Previous weight:190.0
    Current weight: 189.4
    Weekly steps 21,256

Still under a lot of stress. Not getting enough sleep but trying. A little bit of sunshine this week. Going to get my BMI calculated before next weigh in. I hope that it explains what's happening...
This discussion has been closed.