Hi. I am new here

Options
NovusDies
NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
Been a rough few months with some medical problems. I see some promotions have happened in my absence. Good picks all around.

Not much chance I can catch up with everything I have missed. I will dig in where I can as time permits.

Replies

• resina
    resina Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Wishing you all the very best and that you are recovering well. You have been greatly missed by everyone. :)
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Praise the Lord!....so happy to see you on here...so sorry you have been ill....I have missed your guidance and mentoring so much...I knew something seriously must have been wrong for you not to be here...welcome back!......huge hugs and get well wishes sent your way!
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,634 Member
    Options
    Your support and guidance has brought so much to so many people here. I hope that all the goodness you brought to us comes back to you tenfold.
  • FitByFifty1970
    FitByFifty1970 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Missed you, glad you're able to post and will be cheering whatever recovery is needed is swift.
    The group hasn't been working for me so I've moved on to a great group for 50+ pounds on my fitbit app (I've now lost 80 with under 40 to go so it seemed like a great fit for me). But for whatever reason I checked back in today. Very glad I did. I hope you see this as I'm unlikely to be back here. Though if you need anything you can connect with me and message me directly. Or find me in the fitbit group.
  • speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Welcome Back @NovusDies ! Sending you best wishes for a speedy recovery. We missed your voice and your inspirations.
  • FitByFifty1970
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    Missed you, glad you're able to post and will be cheering whatever recovery is needed is swift.
    The group hasn't been working for me so I've moved on to a great group for 50+ pounds on my fitbit app (I've now lost 80 with under 40 to go so it seemed like a great fit for me). But for whatever reason I checked back in today. Very glad I did. I hope you see this as I'm unlikely to be back here. Though if you need anything you can connect with me and message me directly. Or find me in the fitbit group.

@FitByFifty1970

I am glad you found a helpful group and congrats on the progress! I do not really care where people get help as long as it is healthy and I imagine your fitbit group must be. I am excited for you!

ETA: BTW you will ALWAYS be a member here and welcome. You do not have to be an active participant but I am really hoping you check back in with us every 10 pounds or so and allow us to celebrate your progress.

I appreciate it. The fitbit community is definitely more for me and what I'm looking for based on my personality even though I'm not an exercise person. I aim for 60 minutes at 3.0mph a day outside or on the treadmill, that's it. No running or anything, just something for a little cardio. I also don't do restrictive dieting, I find it appalling and won't encourage it. Nothing is bad. Sure some foods are triggers that have to be moderated carefully but the food isn't bad. I eat pizza, burgers, chinese, have booze, weed, etc and still lose consistently. But overall it is a VERY actively communicative group that is encouraging and not a lot of excuses. I enjoy that quite a bit. There are contests (bingo and daily goal) for steps, miles, and/or activity minutes. Even though I rarely complete them it is still fun.

My progress is continuing. I am now down over 90 pounds (93.6 as of this morning). Here are my stats:bcfy5wmm8mxw.png

I'm very close to a healthy BMI (I'm at 162.4, a healthy BMI for me is 149), and my ultimate goal of the 130s. It's very weird, I have too many people telling me to stop losing but they don't see me as fat still (I'm going for chubby which is the 130s, not the 120s which would be ideal but not fun, less pizza). I'm in a stretch size 10 but a non-stretch size 12, that's hardly small, especially in America where they increase the fabric but not the label....a size 12 is an old size 16. But still, I'm trying to adjust mentally to a smaller size since the road from the 160s to the 130s will be just as challenging, just in a different way.

I'll check in probably when I'm at the 100 pound loss mark. Good luck to you, I wish you health and success.
  • FitByFifty1970
    Options
    As I said above I'd check in at the 100 pound mark and I've achieved that. I was under a pound to that by July 15th (156.6), the next week stayed even, and was out of town the week after that so today is my first weigh in since the 22nd and I clocked in at 151.7 for a total loss of 104.3 since I began my journey. What I enjoyed the most is that I've proven I can maintain this. No weird foods, no weird times to eat, no restrictions (literally ate what I wanted on my trip including cheese fries, crab cakes, all the pizza, ice cream, and tons of alcohol) and I fully enjoy my indulgences. Then get home and be more reasonable again, but never deprived or restricted. The biggest weight is the mental weight that I've lost, the games played around food. I can eat anywhere I want and just about anything I want, just not all the time. It's just that simple.
    I am under 13 pounds to my goal, to be in the 130s. I have no clothes (literally 4 workout shirts, 3 workout pants, 6 t-shirts, 1 pair of jeans, 1 pair of cargos, 1 pair of shorts, and a denim dress....nothing else). I haven't set a specific number for a bottom, maybe 135, probably not the 120s. But in general my plan as of now is to set the 130s as my forever high water mark. Keep logging, keep weighing and if I creep to the 139s then back off whatever it is I'm doing so I never get heavy again. It'll be hard, I am still losing so I don't know what my maintenance calories will be (which is why I may lose to 135 and so I have a few pounds to play with to figure that out without popping into the 140s again).
    As always if anyone wants to friend me here and see my diary or message me, feel free or find me on myfitnesspal in the 50+ pounds to lose group. And yet again here are my full stats since the start.
    Good luck to everyone.

k0o1latxl9a4.png
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Congratulations!…you have done an amazing job!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • FitByFifty1970
    edited November 2021
    Options
    I haven't checked in here in a while, about 3 months. Since my last post of weighing 151.7 (loss of 104.3) I'm now down to 140.5 (loss of 115.5). I am just about at my goal range. I'll go to 137 so I have some flexibility...my goal is 'the 130s' so 135, 6, 7, 8 is all the same to me. But as I see the scale getting close to 140 I'll buckle down again. I'm still guessing on maintenance calories for the week (having 2 large calorie days, 5 moderate ones) so I will need some time for that.
    My clothes are all over the place. I bought a hoodie and denim jacket at Kohls in Small, a winter coat at Sam's in Small, a dress at Target in Medium, and a new leather jacket in Large. Okay, not frustrating at all.
    Jeans I found a stretch size 6 that looks okay but I need to find a nonstretch pair so they don't wear out in 6 months. That stretch is annoying. I am old enough to remember jeans that just 'were', no stretch to make us think we're smaller than we are and when they got tight they didn't expand with us...they dug into our waist so we knew we should do something asap. Any input is welcome - I thought good ol' Levis would be good but they are 100% not what they used to be...they are thin and very stretchy. I have a size 6 skirt from the early 1990s and it is NOT the same size 6 as the jeans - way smaller. So again we are all just kidding ourselves with these labels. So annoying.
    Here is the big ol' spreadsheet. I expect to be in maintenance by Thanksgiving and I have a game I've made for that for me and my boyfriend (he's lost over 60 pounds) so we can celebrate staying in range and help each other if we pop out of range. I made the first leg of this a fun challenge, made the second leg to goal a little fun too, so maintenance needs to be a game too since there are no more WOW moments when you've gotten to size and everyone has seen you. It's weird.
    As before, if you want to communicate more often I'm happy to, just DM me here and I'll help you find me on the Fitbit app. That is an awesome community and the 50+ pound group is great and I've found some separate closed groups too that rare wonderful.

7npambvyr9ej.png
  • FitByFifty1970
    Options
    Well all, I think this could be my last update for a while. I got to the 130s today, 139.4 to be exact. I had gained a few, took them off, then over Thanksgiving week somehow lost 1.5 even though over that week I had an entire box of stuffing, TONS of mashed potatoes with full butter and cream, half of that weird and gross green bean casserole, a huge piece of burnt almond torte cake, a huge cookie, rugelah, matzoh ball and noodle soup, half a pizza, and more than my share of booze. Plus I was really fatigued from my booster shot so my treadmill was half-assed if even that.
    This week will be interesting, I have an unexpected night out tonight which will likely involve tequila, Friday latkes (and more), Saturday pizza and booze, Sunday brisket, Monday a night out after my boyfriend's band plays for the first time since the pandemic. So, if I can not gain more than a half-pound that'll be great.
    I still never figured out maintenance so it's trial by fire now I guess. I did get a recommendation on a plastic surgeon from my waxer and since she sees a lot of people naked she knows best so I'll start interviews early next year with that.
    I wish everyone here that is really trying their best to succeed. I know that once I finally just said 'enough' and just put down the damn fork now and then, it worked for me. Plain old calories in/calories out, nothing more, nothing less. It works. It is boring, yes. But.It.Works. If you want to find me on the fitbit app please do. Maybe message me here first so I know who you are. If not, good luck! Happy Krampus.
    My spreadsheet for one of the last times.
    kohdfbm1ev7b.png
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,649 Member
    Options
    Looking good! Remember to continue the sheet.... cause maintenance is just as intriguing!
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,967 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Looking good! Remember to continue the sheet.... cause maintenance is just as intriguing!

I have meticulous spreadsheets going all the way back to the early noughties detailing my weight losses...and no spreadsheet data at all for my regain periods. 'Nuff said.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I got to the 130s today, 139.4 to be exact.

Congratulations!

Please come back and visit and let us know how maintenance is going. This past year, since I made my "3rd" goal, has been tough. It will be good to follow along with you as you go down this trail!
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,851 Member
    Options
    I’m dazzled by the spreadsheet and meticulous tracking. I probably would have been at goal by now if I was more detail oriented. Unfortunately I have not inherited that gene.
  • lauriekallis
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Me too, Yooly. I made a WORD table for the first bunch of months, but it does take a lot of time and energy. But I gave that up when I hit goal number three last year and hoped to somehow lighten things up as I slowly coasted (lol) down to my new "final" goal. Well that didn't work.

Your spreadsheet is inspiring, FitByFifty1970, it might be time for me to return to more "hands on" record keeping?
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,967 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    I love a good spreadsheet! Here's an extract from mine....

oot1yh3jl8vn.png

• conniewilkins56
    Options
    I am so horrible with numbers….I can add, subtract,multiply and divide….fractions and percentages and that is it….in our business you had to be good handling money,making change, profits and losses, etc….but after that I am lost….all of your charts and graphs amaze me!…give me some spelling,writing,languages or a book!