OMAD & Yoga

bonitabeach33
bonitabeach33 Posts: 67 Member
So here I am having completed my first week on both OMAD and Yoga. 7.2lbs lighter and feeling so much better. I only have 91% to go LOL. I get that water was the bulk of this past weeks loss but it has given me the motivation to keep going.
I’m still devouring (couldn’t help myself) all reading materials and YouTube video’s on OMAD as I find them really inspirational and encouraging. I did Yoga 5 days last week which was also a first. I’m taking it slow - 30 minutes Hatha and I think it’s helping with my flexibility a bit. I’m hoping that I will have some positive Yoga results to report in a month or so.
Wishing everyone success on their journey. Later.

Replies

• katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Fantastic 1st week results! Looks like you sailed right through. Staying busy keeps me on track. Yoga sounds fun! I'm anticipating getting back to my step classes. Glad you were able to figure out how to start a thread. You're on a roll now! <3
  • bonitabeach33
    Hi Kat, it finally worked LOL. Appreciate all your help and your inspiring words. You are a wonder.
  • bonitabeach33
    This morning I immersed myself in Dr. Jason Fung videos. I’m still kinda scared to be left to my own devices and find his educational support gives me the lift and reaffirmation I need during the early part of this journey. I have been 100% sticking to my OMAD although I’m testing the waters a little on how many carbs I can have without negatively impacting my weight loss. I started Yoga the same day I started the OMAD plan and am really finding it is helping me so much. I am doing an on-line video class 5 days a week and loving it (mostly). Yoga with Adriene. She has over 550 different videos for every age group, sports need, physical and emotional need and has around 4.5M subscribers so she’s doing something right. I really feel good when I’ve finished her classes and can highly recommend her if you haven’t and want to give it a try. It is so nice to be able to do it at home without anyone else. I’d be too self-conscious to go to a in-person class and love the idea that it’s on my time and it’s free too.
    Heading to the dentist now and then home to prep dinner (salad and left-over brisket today with a side of guacamole and Mary’s organic crackers. Hope everyone is feeling good. Later. X
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Welcome Rowley!!!!

First of all, sweet name!!! I love it!!!

Second, sounds like you've had some awesome first week results!!! Yoga is so nice and I used to love it before my joints said "no ma'am, no more" 🤣🤣🤣 nice work integrating exercise you enjoy right from the get, that's tough and admirable!!!

We're happy to have you and excited to see your progress 😍♥️
  • katjustkat
    Thanks Rowley <3 We can do this...it'll be a great Christmas present to ourselves :)
    I love all the Jason Fung you tube videos and all the other peeps on there. Helps reinforce the conviction and pass a good hour to get closer to dinner.
    Thanks for the yoga tips! I'll look her up...I need some limbering up for sure. I play 'words with friends' and that really gets my mind off food too. Brisket sounds delish! Have a great day tomorrow!
  • bonitabeach33
    Hi there,

What a wonder it is to have a “like-minded” community to garner and give support. It is so helpful and I find that I get great inspiration from each of you. Successes of all kinds from your posts make me smile and give encouragement. Thank you.

I’ve surprised myself during this last two weeks as I haven’t once had a cheat day, which is unheard of for me. I also haven’t had any alcohol which is also unheard of. I did Yoga 6 days each week and can honestly say I am thoroughly enjoying it so far and it really makes me feel better and calmer. The great part about Yoga with Adrienne is that there are classes for all types.

Well, it’s been raining here for the 2nd day in a row and apparently will be again tomorrow so that puts a kibosh on any gardening plans. The lawn is looking lush though.

I hope everyone is keeping well and healthy. Have a super week ahead and wishing you all weighty successes. X
  • bonitabeach33
    Oops I’d - forgot to post weight info:

Week 1. 7.2lb loss
    Week 2. 3.6lb loss

• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Awesome, keep up the great work :)
  • LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    Those are some great losses. They may get smaller as you keep going, but just know that OMAD works. Stay the course and the losses will continue. You are doing great!!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    YASSSSSSSSSSSSS girl those losses are FABULOUS for the first few weeks!!! As you posted on my thread, the beginning losses are the biggest but also the most motivating <3
  • bonitabeach33
    So with all the wet weather I decided to tackle my closets and switch from Winter wear to Summer. I have so many sizes of clothes stacked away as I’m sure some of you can relate to, I had a decision to make. So I have put all my existing size summer clothes in the closets and drawers along with a size down. I figure this will inspire me in those moments of “to hell with it, let me attack the fridge from all sides”. I will keep you posted on my progress along with the safety of my fridge!!!

I quit smoking 4 years ago this month and I’m just remembering that hurdle and overcoming it with support and love from family and friends. My MFP family feel the same to me and I know I can beat this 80lbs into melted oblivion with all of you by my side. Boy, I’m using a lot of fighting rhetoric this morning - weird, as I’m not feeling in the least aggressive LOL.

OK I’m off to do my Yoga now and I plan on tackling (there I go again with he fighting chatter) a walking YouTube video this afternoon as it’s too rainy to physically go out.

Hope everyone is feeling positive and looking forward with success in mind today. Enjoy xo
  • bonitabeach33
    LadyBlanks wrote: »
    Those are some great losses. They may get smaller as you keep going, but just know that OMAD works. Stay the course and the losses will continue. You are doing great!!

Thank you Ladyblank, I appreciate your words of encouragement and I am mentally expecting that a 1 - 2lb loss weekly will be a good amount. I am sure some weeks will be zero and I think that is where we especially need each other to morally support and get through it together.
  • Brendalea69
    I cannot wait until I'm back into my clothes from my previous weight loss. I only have a few clothes that even fit right now, thank goodness for stretchy pants 🤣

Congratulations on quitting smoking 🙂
  • katjustkat
    Fantastic second week losses! Keeping busy helps keep me on track with my eating. Small losses along the way to the ultimate weight goal def make you better and better. It's nice & rewarding to feel clothes get looser even if it's not a size down. Woo Hoo we will all do it together :)
  • bonitabeach33
    Hi all, well the sun is shining finally. What a boost to the spirits and it’s got me ready to head to our fave nursery to pick up some annuals to make my hanging baskets. The nurseries are one of the few places allowed to open during this Covid lockdown but with only 25% capacity. Hopefully ours will be open.

I had a really rough day yesterday with not feeling well at all. I didn't do my yoga or walking, in fact just sat around I like a lump. Not going to the loo for over a week is the reason I think but barring chewing down laxatives I don't know what to do. Sorry TMI.

Anyway, I’m about to start my yoga and then get going. Reading through some of my new friends threads it looks like everyone is doing great and really moving in their right direction. What an inspiration everyone is. This is such a great time of year to be moving forward with our plans and dreams and it’s lovely having you all to share with. Have a great day Losers. X
  • Brendalea69
    Losers?! :D I love it!!!

When I ate Low Carb I would have to take stool softeners and it really helped me with my constipation. I hope you can go soon 🙏
  • katjustkat
    I just got a 84 inch flower box delivered today for my front porch railing. I ordered it from Home Depot. Hubby will have to put it together. I'm excited too for some flowers. Last year I got covid in March and I was too weak to do flowers the whole summer! I hope you feel better. Swiss Kriss all natural is a miracle worker...stay close to home tho :s:D
  • bonitabeach33
    Thank you for your advice Brenda and Kat. Having trouble finding Swiss Kriss here in Canada but I have an alternative but not sure if it will be as good - trying it to see.

Today we went to a tree nursery which I should have known would be crazy crazy busy as it is Mother’s Day tomorrow and the May long weekend is coming up in a couple of weeks. Did get two flowering Almonds that hopefully will like it in our garden.

I’m trying to keep busy but always seem to fall into the mindset of thinking about my weight and losing it - it’s been almost obsessive during the last 3 weeks. I wonder if the constant thoughts will diminish. I’d really like to get to a point where it is just automatic and I’m not obsessing. The silly thing is I’m not thinking about food which I’m really happy about and I haven’t had any sugar cravings which is really shocking as I could glom chocolate and candy with a vengeance. I think it’s that I’m afraid of failing and not following through to my goal weight. It’s happened so many times and I know I’m the only one to blame but it sure is playing with my head.

I do hope all you Losers are doing well out there and to all you Mom’s and Mum’s, have a lovely enjoyable day tomorrow. Wishing you all the best of everything. Xo

Here’s to the scales being kind to us all.

• bonitabeach33
    katjustkat wrote: »
    I just got a 84 inch flower box delivered today for my front porch railing. I ordered it from Home Depot. Hubby will have to put it together. I'm excited too for some flowers. Last year I got covid in March and I was too weak to do flowers the whole summer! I hope you feel better. Swiss Kriss all natural is a miracle worker...stay close to home tho :s:D

You’ll have to post a picture of the flower box once you’ve got it filled up. It sounds like it will be so eye catching from the road. I hope you have totally recovered from Covid and are not experiencing any residual effects.

Happy planting.

• bonitabeach33
    Hi all. I hope you Mother’s out there had a good day yesterday. I had a little too much of a good day and totally blew up my food diary and yup nothing on the exercise side either. Actually the whole weekend was a bit of a “fall off the horse” type weekend. The great part is that I’m not beating myself up too hard and this morning I got right back in the saddle and started again. The sky didn’t fall in, no major calamities happened and my head didn't blow up with over-thinking any of it.

It’s looking like our Covid lockdown in this little part of the world may be extended till June 2nd so I’m looking at that as “OK, I have 3 more weeks to really focus and get in shape”.

Tuna salad for dinner tonight, which is always enjoyable. Hubby is being so good about either BBQ’ing his own burgers or what have you or picking his fast food up when he’s out running errands. It is keeping the temptation away from me, which I love him for.

Keep positive Losers and have fun.