May 10 Sign In

Replies

• Winner_in_Life
    Winner_in_Life Posts: 955 Member
    thabit11 wrote: »
    Pass day number 3. I can see a fourth one in the horizon but I'll fight it off with all my might!!!

We all trust in you B)
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? No
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes, way under
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Pass #1

Unfortunately, when I woke up today my hand/wrist was swollen from last night's fall. I also slept poorly because of the pain which is why I couldn't motivate myself to do the treadmill today. I iced it for a couple of hours, took an Aleve and spent most of the afternoon/evening in bed reading. I think it helped as it isn't hurting so much at the moment. I'll continue to baby it so as not to impact my vacation next week.

@LazyBlondeChef should the doctor be examining it?
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 2,986 Member
    @idoliov hope u had a better day!!!

@smoda61 i am a huge sweet tooth too so i totally feel ur pain Lol!! Great idea to track even on pass days cause it makes it more real and hard to just sweep it under the rug. Good luck with it all hope ur new strategies do the trick! Xox
  • SModa61
    @donna25trinity @summerskier Yes, indeed we'll see how it goes. I actually tacked on some additional damage later last night. argh. Summer, yes, I totally agree to tight a restriction could cause rebound. This is totally an experiment, and at worst I take pass #4. Should never have bought that ice cream. It was not as good as I imagined. :(
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    @dsgoingtodoit We have mini-sized sugar-free ice pops as our summer staple. And, I happen to be eating another one as I write this late entry...

---|---|---|---
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? YES | Skipping (12), Calisthenics with Child #1 (10) TOTAL: 22
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? YES | Base + 103
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? YES
    ---|---|---|---

Personal Bonus: Did I meet my protein macro for the day (40%)? NO |27%
    Pass Days Used:
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    edited May 2021
    @Smoda61 I'm not one to to see a doctor unless it's dire. And actually the pain is gone today unless I bend it in past a certain point. The swelling has also lessened so that's a relief.

Maybe next time buy one of those tiny pint size ice creams of high quality. My partner loves ice cream so we get it maybe once a month. These days he's pretty good about eating the specified serving size but in the past he would have eaten the entire pint in 1-2 sittings. Personally I find most ice cream to sweet and too thick so rarely eat it. Prefer sorbet.
  • SModa61
    @lazyblondchef So glad you are seeing an improvement with your knee. That is great news!

On the ice cream, there definitely is a difference in quality between products. To be honest, that ice cream did not live up to its name or image on packaging. My favorite ice cream is a limited edition and thankfully does not seem exist anymore. It was around last summer while I was gaining weight. :P It was called "Chip Happens" - chocolate ice cream with fudge chips and a crunchy potato chip swirl.
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    @LazyBlondeChef That swelling may indicate the need for an x-ray.
  • RangerRickL
    @MadisonMolly2017 Yesterday, I read a review of a book by a pediatric endocrinologist who decries the twin evils of Big Pharma and overly processed food (with unhealthy doses of salt and sugar). It is called "Metabolical"
    I ordered it on my Kindle.
  • RangerRickL
    @LazyBlondeChef Since the swelling is going down, hurrah!!
  • readyornot1234
    readyornot1234 Posts: 1,027 Member
    Tuesday, May 11

Tracking: Yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: Yes, lift upper body - 45 min, stretching, yoga - 20 min
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,953 Member
    @MadisonMolly2017 Yesterday, I read a review of a book by a pediatric endocrinologist who decries the twin evils of Big Pharma and overly processed food (with unhealthy doses of salt and sugar). It is called "Metabolical"
    I ordered it on my Kindle.

Thank you! I will look it up @RangerRickL!
    Seems to be true for me.