Trimstones - May 2021 Team Chat

Replies

• JoDavo66
    JoDavo66 Posts: 526 Member
    Arc130 wrote: »
    Hello all, it's been a long while since I posted here. I know I missed a lot and missed reading posts here. I'm home this week (have been staying with my sister for the most part last year until now) so I'll be reading posts and making some posts while I can. Yay!

Next week, I'm going to California to help my sister find a place to rent there. She's moving across the country due to a change in employer. I'm going to miss her so much! As well, it's been crazy busy for us for a long while now, so this week is a nice rest from the craziness.

Small report on me:
    I gained weight late last year and early this year, but have been maintaining at the higher weight this March and April. I peaked at around 200lbs but am now around 196. I think the lowest weight I got to last year was in the high 180's, so am going to work on getting there again.

I hope everyone is doing awesome with their journeys!

Rose

Good to hear from you.
    We're working on trying to support each other as many of us been covid-comfort eating or not been able to get enough exercise. Good on loosing some of the XS pounds already.
    Although I'm in UK my sister lives in SoCal too. Moved there about 11 years ago. We were supposed to visit last summer & can't go this summer either! 😢 She's in San Diego- where's your sister going to be based?
    Keep in touch with us all.
  • Arc130
    Arc130 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Hi @JoDavo66 I'm sorry to hear that about being unable to visit your sister. My sister's going to live in the San Francisco Bay Area as her job is in San Francisco.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,007 Member
    The following people have missed their weigh ins...PLEASE report in and thanks!

@ewilhelm2487
    @klassie12

Due today (just trying to be proactive):
    @angmarie28
    @Jen_967

If your current report in day isn't working for you, please let us know and we can switch it to a better day...whatever helps you report in on time. Thanks!
    Jessica
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,777 Member
    Oh, Im such a hot mess, I forgot to weigh in this morning, I did weigh in yesterday though, so Ill go with that.

Angmarie28
    Wednesdays
    Previous weight- 150.6
    Current weight-152
  • jessicakrall8
    angmarie28 wrote: »
    Oh, Im such a hot mess, I forgot to weigh in this morning, I did weigh in yesterday though, so Ill go with that.

Angmarie28
    Wednesdays
    Previous weight- 150.6
    Current weight-152

@angmarie28 You're welcome to weigh tomorrow and I'll revise it for you...let me know.
    Jessica
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 881 Member
    Hi all hope you are all doing well ? I hope I haven't been celebrating my goal too much !! I have had a few treats but don't want to jeopardize my losses.Thank you @ shnerb00 I haven't yet decided where to go in maintenance.I have been on 1,200 daily calories for so long & eventhough that's quite low I ate quite well & didn't restrict any food group.So this week I've not counted calories & just logged at the end of the day.
    Thanks @ laceyf53 for your praise,you will get there ! @jessicakrall8 I would post a photo but I've never been able to upload one on here ! I would like to still weigh weekly & post on here if I can ? I will think about the range & let you know at the end of this week.
  • Jen_967
    Jen_967 Posts: 1,919 Member
    Jen_967
    Wednesday Weigh-In
    PW: 226.4
    CW: 225
    LTD: -41lbs

Steps

5/9- 7,572
    5/10- 7,991
    5/11- 6,980
    5/12- 3,900
  • jessicakrall8
    Hi all hope you are all doing well ? I hope I haven't been celebrating my goal too much !! I have had a few treats but don't want to jeopardize my losses.Thank you @ shnerb00 I haven't yet decided where to go in maintenance.I have been on 1,200 daily calories for so long & eventhough that's quite low I ate quite well & didn't restrict any food group.So this week I've not counted calories & just logged at the end of the day.
    Thanks @ laceyf53 for your praise,you will get there ! @jessicakrall8 I would post a photo but I've never been able to upload one on here ! I would like to still weigh weekly & post on here if I can ? I will think about the range & let you know at the end of this week.

Hey @izzyred9400 I didn't mean to push you...take your time...you can stay right where you are for a while until you acclimate and think about your range...just wanted to give you the option. I'm so proud of you!!! HUGS
    Jessica
  • Jax_Grim
    Jax_Grim Posts: 381 Member
    Steps
    5/7 - 9768
    5/8 - 16264
    5/9 - 13595
    5/10 - 12033
    5/11 - 8371
    5/12 - 12306

Still exercising regularly, but I've been eating like crazy. Its not even cravings. I've just been so freaking hungry.
  • goonies73
    goonies73 Posts: 6 Member
    @Aqualang26 Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Believe me, it was as much of a surprise to me! This week, only down 1.4 I think. The only thing I can think of is that I was much more conscious of my sodium intake. I was recently diagnosed with high blood pressure, so I really made an effort to limit the salt. For lunches, instead of deli meat in a sandwich or salad, I baked some chicken breast and cut that up (with some light dressing or honey mustard instead of salt. Most days I was under 1200 mg.
  • Chalmation
    Chalmation Posts: 2,625 Member
    Daily Step Goal: 8,000
    5/11: 9,336
    5/12: 10,127
  • jessicakrall8
    goonies73 wrote: »
    @Aqualang26 Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Believe me, it was as much of a surprise to me! This week, only down 1.4 I think. The only thing I can think of is that I was much more conscious of my sodium intake. I was recently diagnosed with high blood pressure, so I really made an effort to limit the salt. For lunches, instead of deli meat in a sandwich or salad, I baked some chicken breast and cut that up (with some light dressing or honey mustard instead of salt. Most days I was under 1200 mg.

@goonies73 I need to do something like this as well. I tried to switch to the lunch meat that is low sodium or no salt added, but it's too bland for words and I didn't like it AT ALL. I've been buying the Starkist tuna pouches, where I can make sandwiches with it, just out of the package and don't have to add condiments. It's lower on sodium (around 300 mg). I like the bacon ranch flavor and I buy a 24 pkg case of them on Amazon, so it's cheaper. I'm hoping as I bring down the pounds, I'll eventually come off the light dose of BP meds I'm on and then won't have to worry about it. Hope you can come off your meds as well! I wonder if the chopped rotisserie chicken meat would be good on a sandwich...hmmm. Have you tried it?

Jessica
  • JoDavo66
    angmarie28 wrote: »
    5/6-14,682
    5/7-13,086
    5/8-10,054
    5/9-17,357
    5/10-8,175
    5/11-13,561

What a week/month/2months. BUT its all soon to be worth it. I have been working 60-70 hours a week, then soccer 4 days a week, dance every tuesday, counceling appointments every other wednesday. I am beyond exhausted, but Dance and Soccer ends this Saturday (thank god) I am only scheduled a couple shifts at my 2nd job for the rest of the month (I know I will be called in though) and the BEST news, I close on my house in 6 days :o I am so excited, there has been so many hurdles, and I have had to work so much to prove to the bank I can make enough, and I am beyond exhausted, But not im in the final stretch and will have my house NEXT FREAKING WEEK!!!

Take some "you-time" excited for you re: house. Totally different circumstances but a few years ago I was working ave 80 hour weeks when my girls were younger. Then I ended up needing surgery- supposed to be 2-4 week recovery was off 3 months! Nurse Tutor friend (now teaches nursing) was convinced it was because my body was so exhausted. A year or so later I downshifted & 4 years ago I downshifted again.
    Once you have your house & get some time back with activities finishing- go & do something you live to chill & rest.
  • JoDavo66
    Two days running been to gym (yesterday with trainer) and both times I forgot to set fitbit to exercise! Really want to know how many cals I burn 🔥. How dim!!! 🙄
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Congrats on the house @angmarie28!
  • CharmingPassion
    CharmingPassion Posts: 556 Member
    edited May 2021
    CharmingPassion
    Steps:
    Goal 7,000

5/10 - 8,471
    5/11 - 8,590
    5/12 - 7,880