March Goals

VeryKatie
VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
Hi everyone!

Does anyone want to share their goals this month?

Mine are:

- Drop 1-2 water weight/snacking weight and then hold steady there.
- TTC... results in about a week from now.
- Start walking outside more now that the weather is improving... at least till we get the end of month snow storm that is inevitable.

Replies

• VeryKatie
    Update:
    - no weight lost, but working on trimming out evening snacking
    - ttc continues
    - walking so far has actually happened.
    - adding in chest stretches and once my upper back stops being inflamed add in rows to correct posture.
  • VeryKatie
    Ttc complete!
    Baby due December 24 harhar.
  • pezhed
    pezhed Posts: 777 Member
    @VeryKatie congratulations!!!!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    @VeryKatie Congratulations!!
  • VeryKatie
    Thank you both :)
  • WifiresGettingFit
    You're welcome! :)
  • VeryKatie
    How are you doing these days?
    I cant wait to get my vaccine but this may have complicated it... it would be available to me till June at least though. How about you?
  • WifiresGettingFit
    @VeryKatie Hey! I'm doing okay, we currently have about half our basement tore up because of a catastrophic failure with our hot water tank. Things are moving along okay to get it fixed but I'll be glad when it's over and done with. Goal wise, I still have basically been struggling but have seemed to manage to maintain my weight within a five pound range at least. We have not made any final decisions on if we still want to have a baby or not. I feel like with everything going on and just not being at my best, I don't want to shut a door I may not actually want to keep closed so to speak. How about you? How are you?

That does seem to complicate things but at least you still have some time to decide.
  • VeryKatie
    edited April 2021
    @WifiresGettingFit Oh man that totally aucks about your water tank! What a lot of work!!! Do you know what caused it?

Maintaining weight honestly is a great thing too. I find it can be even more of a mental game sometimes for me so be proud!

And yes I understand about a child. I wasn't ready for a 3rd for a long time but it was my ppa doing the talking not my true heart. Got that sorted out for like.. a month and then we decided to go for it when we realized treatment works.

Overall I'm pretty good. Confused if the vaccine is safe while pregnant. Worried about possibly feeling forced to go to my BIL's wedding even if Covid is being crazy. Worried about fallout if I still decide not to go. My husband totally understands but it really sucks to have to think about it in those terms instead of just being upset that we were invited to 2 weddings this year and both are on the same date. My husband said his dad is still upset his brother didn't go to his wedding because he couldn't afford to buy two $3000 plane tickets to go. He's on good terms with him but still comments I guess and it would suck to have to put up with more comments for the rest of my life that make me the bad guy. I dunno. I'll just wait and see and hope they postpone. Not much else going on in my own personal life lol. My husband got a new job in Decmebr and hates it so is starting another new job in May. Hopefully it will be better and I will get to see him more.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    @VeryKatie From what we can tell, it looks like it rusted out. It was pretty old by water tank standards. We were told quite a few times that they usually don't last more than 10 years now and I think ours was closer to 12 or 13.

I guess I just get hung up on it not really being my goal but I'll definitely take not gaining as a win and I appreciate the perspective. Thank you! :)

I'm so glad to hear that you were able to get help and that you're doing better!

Oh man, that's rough. I wish I had some solid advice or words of encouragement or something but that just...ugh I don't even know. Has any of this been resolved? 3,000 dollars is a lot to expect anyone to spend, let alone doubling it. You aren't the bad guy for putting your well being before others and don't let anyone make you feel that way. I know that's easier said than done. Hopefully they do postpone. Has he started his job yet? If so, I do hope he is liking it better!
  • VeryKatie
    @WifiresGettingFit
    Sorry my reply is so late coming. I'm finding it difficult to keep track of food and therefore sign on to MFP more lately. My gain trend is showing it. It's okay though. I'll just.. go with the flow this time. It's not completely crazy.

How did the water tank situation turn out? All cleaned up now? What else is new with you?

I ended up deciding to get the vaccine while pregnant. I just got my second dose this past Saturday. Mostly I feel fine so I consider myself lucky that way. Baby is kicking still and reports are showing babies are born with antibodies so that's nice. I did wait to do the second dose till just about 24 weeks so baby would be viable.

We also know we are having a girl now so that's fun! Just trying to come up with a name for her now. I'm also considering having a home birth since the covid situation at my due date is predicted to be the worst it's been and they ran out of room in our hospitals during the last wave already. But I dont know how supportive my parents would be of that decision. So I've lined up some friends for childcare just in case they're not up for it or rude about it 😅. Usually I don't have problems with my parents about stuff but this is probably something they would be vocal about.

It sounds like the wedding is going forward... since cases are low now we are planning to go but kids will stay home. If it gets out of hand I'll likely not go still unless the venue requires 2x vaxxed people to go. I just don't want to knowingly risk getting covid while pregnant with 2 kids at home who aren't old enough to be vaccinated. Hopefully people will understand. I'm not sure what Chris would do in that situation given that he is a groomsman.

On another note for what's going on with me... I can't seem to stop buying stuff at IKEA all of a sudden lol! I keep buying storage units for mostly kids toys and their room. It might be the nesting instinct. But no one should be spending thousands of dollars on this stuff right? I feel crazy hahaha.

I'd love to hear updates from anyone who sees this!