May 17 Sign In

Replies

• donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 2,989 Member
    @MadisonMolly2017 hope u feel better soon. Xo
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,237 Member
    @readyornot1234 - wow - your commitment is so impressive and inspiring! I love your goal of staying active into your 100’s - I want to be that person too!

In the past couple months I have learned more about maintenance than I ever heard in 50 years. It’s a shame the diet industry makes millions talking about losing weight with precious little time spent talking about maintenance. I have an official maintenance break planned for the end of the year, so although I’ve had weeks go by holding steady, I’ve never technically said, “ok, maintenance time.”

@pamjsa - based on everything I’ve heard, go by what you’re comfortable with. What I’ve been hearing most people do is a 5 to 10 pound range, although personally, 10 pounds seems like a big range. I think I’d want to make sure things don’t get out of control. I did hear someone on a podcast say that she stopped weighing herself, this was after she’d been at her goal weight awhile. Instead, she looks at her body every day to see if anything looks different, and uses how her clothes fit instead of the scale. She felt it was a better indicator of how she was doing, than a number on the scale. I’m nowhere near that, but I thought it was a intriguing approach.
  • lesdarts180
    lesdarts180 Posts: 2,705 Member
    mshawski wrote: »
    ✅✅✅

Walked 1, ran 4, walked .25.
    10 min yoga (baby steps)

Trying to up my protein to 178g a day as my trainer said 1-1.5 grams per pound and I’m 178lbs. It’s proving challenging to do without having a way higher number of carbs since most of my vegetarian protein go to choices are not carb free, and I can only eat egg whites so many times a day. This will be a work in progress. Protein shakes may need to become a way of life.

Wow, that is a lot of protein! I aim for 90+g and that's difficult even though I'm a meat eater.
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    @Jana_2020 Hi from me!
    Great to see you!
  • MizSpiffy
    MizSpiffy Posts: 145 Member
    Monday May 17
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes!!
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? No
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • stella7x7
    stella7x7 Posts: 2,600 Member
    5/17
    Exersized-?yes
    Caleries?-yes
    Logged?-yes
  • Jana_2020
    Jana_2020 Posts: 1,165 Member
    @RangerRickL Ty! Happy to be back. Trusting you and your loved ones have managed to stay safe?
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,410 Member
    February 10/3
    March 12/3
    April 10/3

3 yes

4/3
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Catching up post vacation ....

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes ... walked 7.5 miles same as yesterday as the paths were pretty much the same
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes

Passes used: 3/3
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,211 Member
    May 17

Exercise: yes
    Calories: yes
    Tracked: Yes
    Pass days: 2/3