MAY Monthly Challenge

chinatowninchina
chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
Goodness It's May!

I've been saying that I guess weight doesn't exactly matter at this time but staying as healthy as you can does, it seems however that increasingly it's being found that being not too heavy improves risk against many diseases including this virus so maybe it continues to be important. Additionally, for many of us, Keto helps us feel good and that can't be a disadvantage at any time.

Feel very welcome to join, we usually post our weigh Sundays and use the 'Keto Monthly Challenge Spreadsheet' also in 'Announcements' to track weight.

You can post your weight here and also in the Keto Monthly Challenge Spreadsheet which Stormy updates. If you want to post comments etc please use this thread rather than the Spreadsheet.

We use this thread to encourage each other and to add our weight as well.

MAY 2021

Sunday 5/2
Sunday 5/9
Sunday 5/16
Sunday 5/23
Sunday 5/30

Stay safe everyone.

Replies

• TXRebelle
    TXRebelle Posts: 139 Member
    My April was pretty much a wash and now I have a birthday coming up (with the usual excuses), but I'm going to try to stay focused in May until at least Memorial Day weekend which starts on Thursday for us. :)

I did get a ton of exercise, stayed consistent with my strength training and stayed good with the calories in April (98% on track with my carb goals but 100% "low carb") so I'm hoping that I have less fat although the measurements are about the same. I'm still calling April a win though because I didn't have an unexplained huge net gain due to my bizarre body. I don't want to go thru June with regrets from too much misbehaving for my birthday. I always say I'm just going to take just one day off, but it ends up being at least two weekends and every day in between then I spend all summer getting it off. I really don't want to do that this year!!!
  • ValLopiccolo
    ValLopiccolo Posts: 2 Member
    Hello, my new friends, it's very nice to meet you here.

I am a newbie here. New with the keto diet and lifting weights did some in the past but give up at the super expensive gyms like Lifetime that was my last one for 3 years. I quit bc of covid. and not planning to go back pay almost $200 p month just to do Zumba... I used to pay $100 hr for PT there :o ridiculous me I know. I was kind of embarrassed to do it by myself bc wasn't sure what to do and feeling that I look like a total loss most of the time so I used to pay thinking that would really teach me something but I guess I was wrong.

Also, did some fasting in past but did give up as I do struggle with ADHD, depression, emotional eating, PTD, a special kid so my 2020/21 as many of us wasn't fun, stuck inside the house with kids and my husband working from home ... or inside the masks. so yes I did give up on myself like never before and gained about 35 pounds :#:s '

I decided to take over my own bsss and give myself a chance, a new start, a better present than chocolates and flowers... I told my husband of 20years no thanks.

I want a GYM at home for mother's day so we are about to finish building it his coming weekend!!! :) my start day will be on mother's day! = NO MORE EXCUSES NO MORE BSSSSS FOR MYSELF.
    =

My current weight is 150 and my normal used to be 114 what is my goal. I will be happy to share my progress ( I never did it but decide not to worry about my negative thoughts anymore) I need to get over it and get strong so I can be healthy to continue and finish raise my kids and enjoy a better everyday life.

I Will share a photo next Sunday when ready to start on weights.

I'm here to make new friends that we could share our struggles and most important our VICTORY <3

Thanks for this group. See you soon on mother's day!

• stormywxs288
    stormywxs288 Posts: 795 Member
    Hello, my new friends, it's very nice to meet you here.

.......... I want a GYM at home for mother's day so we are about to finish building it his coming weekend!!! :) my start day will be on mother's day! = NO MORE EXCUSES NO MORE BSSSSS FOR MYSELF.
    .............I'm here to make new friends that we could share our struggles and most important our VICTORY <3

Hey Vall! Welcome to our group. Did you finish your home gym? I've been ketoISH for quite a while now. I <3 keto, mainly because of the NonScale Victories (NSV) that come with a high fat, low carb diet. I'm looking forward to hearing about your NSVs and weight loss experience with keto. Please come back and visit our forum. We seem a little slow this month but we have some great people in this group and are glad to have you with us.
  • vivmiller08
    vivmiller08 Posts: 37 Member
    Hi, me again 😁.

I royally fell off the wagon then ate it at Christmas. What was going to be 2 weeks off keto ended up being 5 months!

However, I'm in a better mental state now and have 2 physical challenges in the diary to conquer in September so it's more about gaining strength and endurance than weightloss alone.

Wishing you all the best.
    Onwards and downwards!
  • DW1Texas
    DW1Texas Posts: 131 Member
    Hello everyone.

I just jumped back on MFP - starting over. Was part of several low carb/KETO groups and the discussion was always helpful.

Lost 80lbs and gained a lot back, you all know how it goes got out of routine and the weight comes back MUCH easier than it went off. I did a very strict KETO last time, and am slowly easing back into it again, along with the gym and tracking calories.

The good part is that there is an equation that works, the tough part is holding to it. A simple sentence but much more difficult to implement.

Best of luck to everyone, look forward to seeing more discussions in the group.