@davidji82
    @lorib642

cv5db80jfcmq.png

• 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 945 Member
    edited May 2021
    bg7vokolxen2.png
    Happy June!

Hello everyone. I’m Theresa and I live in downtown Toronto, Canada. I joined Team Weight No More in January 2020. In January 2021 I took some time off to support my sister (virtually) who has been receiving treatment for Lyme Disease (that went undiagnosed for two years) while also being the primary caregiver for our mother who was terminally ill and passed away on Easter Sunday. Our province is in lockdown so we haven’t seen each other in person since last August.

About me
    I have two grown children. My daughter Elisabeth lives nearby with her partner, Jake. She just recovered from cancer (yay!) and started her own advertising agency. He is starting a PhD program for the next five years. My son Phil lives in a small town an hour away with his wife, Katie, and two children. Pippa is almost four and Gilbert just turned two. I have a Havanese dog named Xavy.

I had a career as an advertising and publishing executive. For years I ran, cycled, and swam. Then one day, as my daughter says, just like Forrest Gump I stopped.

My weight story
    As a child, I was an healthy weight, except this one time when my next-door neighbour's grandmother babysat and introduced us to three course lunches with whipped cream on every dessert. When my children were small, I was very slim, about 120 lbs, probably from chasing them around. In my forties I was at my ideal weight, a toned 142 lbs.

Almost four years ago, when my granddaughter was born, I saw a photo and didn’t recognize myself. I did look like a happy nana and I’m sure I was comfy to hug, but I want to live to be a ‘little’ old lady.

In January 2018, I weighed 177.4 lbs with a goal of a toned 142 lbs. I’ve reset this to 145 lbs and toned because I when I was at 145 lbs and toned in 2020, I found that it was perfect for me.

The present
    I’m generally very healthy but was diagnosed with Meniere’s Disease over the past couple of years. Some of the symptoms, particularly vertigo, aren’t great for exercise but I’m persistent. It accounts for some of my slow progress but I’ve just started medication and it looks promising in terms of reducing the severity of the vertigo, ear pressure, and tinnitus. It won’t reverse the hearing loss but I am okay with that.

I launched a new business called Ancestree Detectives in January. It’s an on-demand service for DIY family historians to hire professional genealogists for as few as 30 minutes. It’s going really well and whoa ~ am I busy!

We've had a lot of lockdown here in Toronto. We've been in a stay-at-home almost all of 2021 and some version of that much of last year. The picture above is from a group class I was in, but off-camera, and I think that's my bike. I miss those days.

My June goals
    • Rejoining TWNM and checking in with you all at least once a week.
    • Dedicating myself to daily and weekly rituals: food diary, exercise, sleep.
    • Start losing weight and toning up again. I’ll say two pounds for June and once a week for HIIT and one other outdoor workout (I love outdoor workouts and I think they'll be allowed again soon.)

My stats
    • Highest weight: 177.4 lbs
    • Lowest weight: 6 lbs 11 ounces (see, I took that joke from Ashley)
    • Lowest weight as an adult: 117 lbs (when my children were toddlers, they were super active)
    • Weight now: 152.4
    • Goal: 145 and toned

Welcome to all the new team members!
  • Calli1616
    Calli1616 Posts: 1,855 Member
    Calli1616

Weigh-in: Mondays
    PW 176.5
    CW 177.5
  • Just_Kisha
    Just_Kisha Posts: 189 Member
    Just_Kisha
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    SW: 167.2 - March 16th
    PW: 152.8
    CW: 154.5
    LTD: 12.7
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    What an inspiring group, I'm glad I've joined :smile:
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,290 Member
    Antiopelle wrote: »
    What an inspiring group, I'm glad I've joined :smile:

We're glad you've joined, too!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,158 Member
    ~~ Happy June Everybody! ~~

Welcome to a new month, a new week, some new teammates, and some new mindsets! Regardless of if you're a newcomer or if you've been here for years, know that you've got a support system here to help you achieve your goals.

As for me: I'm ready for better weather, especially as things start opening up more and more around me. I'm looking forward to street fairs and live music and farmer's markets and sunshine...

And now for what you actually care about in these posts:
    ~ Here Comes the Hot Steppers! ~

Over the course of the last week, our seven steppers trekked a legendary 447,696 steps! And over the course of the last month, our steppers managed to compile nearly TWO MILLION steps. These are impressive numbers, folks! And all of you, ALL OF YOU, have contributed to it. Keep up the excellent work!

Over 10k Average Steps Per Day:

@annliz23 - 370,521 Last Month - 112,698 Last Week - Four Days over 20k Steps!
    @kandi3570 - 353,488 Last Month - 79,883 Last Week
    @ljdanny - 293,094 Last Month - 72,504 Last Week

Over 3k Average Steps Per Day:

@lennoncpa - 234,857 Last Month - 56,234 Last Week
    @dbrinkmeyer - 255,323 Last Month - 53,396 Last Week
    @pacsnc - 189,627 Last Month - 47,242 Last Week - Most Consistent!
    @melaniedscott - 147,659 Last Month - 25,739 Last Week

If you aren't a part of the steps challenge yet, what's stopping you from joining? You don't need to walk marathons, or even leave your home to participate. All you need is a fitness tracker or a cell phone with a pedometer app.

20-motivational-quotes-to-inspire-you-for-walking-regularly.png
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,053 Member
    One of my goals this month is to try and take of me. It's been so tough lately. We have had so much going on this year. 2021 is worse than 2020. This week I have several phone calls to make and one of them is for weight loss. One is also for vacation, doesn't look like I'm getting into Canada again this summer so we are trying to decide what to do. Myrtle beach is sounding like an option. I would like to lose a few pounds by my August vacation but we will see. My sil is getting married in aruba next year, I definitely want to lose some pounds by then.
  • 1theresamcvean
    pacsnc6 wrote: »
    My name is Patsy. I have been here for a few years (not really counting) and have learned a lot from all the members. I joined with the intention of losing about 20 pounds and succeeded with the first 5 or so, then was diagnosed with liver cancer and advised to maintain for the duration of treatments. The first four months I was on chemo and I was hungry all the time. I ate more than ever before and my energy increased so I was always moving. I have managed to stay within 5 pounds of my starting weight and the doctors are happy with that. Yes, I am different than most people! Anyway, the chemo stabilized the cancer but no progress toward shrinking it. I started on Keytruda (you've probably seen the commercials on TV) at the end of July and the tumor has shrunk by ~90%~. I am so happy with that and hoping the next scan in June shows it gone. The end is in sight and I can get back to losing those 15 - 20 pounds.

What a beautiful picture of you, Patsy. I'm so happy to hear the end is in sight. That must feel so good.
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Hello Team and Happy June! My name is Sheryl and I have been using My Fitness Pal for a really long time - and I joined this Fit 2 Fat weight loss challenge in 2016! That also seems like forever - time sure flies doesn't it??

I live in Michigan and I am 65 and still working as a CPA so I am still recovering from another one of those really really long tax seasons!!! I am very consistent with my exercise routine and I am also a line dancer and a clogger. Lately we only get to dance when the weather is nice enough outside, so slowly we are building back up to dancing more regularly. Dancing is my one passion, and fostering rescue dogs is another passion of mine. Now that tax season is over I am waiting to get my newest foster dog.

So now on to my issues with food! It is one of those love/hate relationships! I have an addictive personality - with everything in my life - so food is just one of those addictions. I had to give up sweets a couple of years ago - actually with the help of this support group! The other food I have issues with is "nuts" - seriously! I go nuts with a can of nuts! I haven't given those up totally - but I try to control when I allow myself to indulge!! Its not easy but I am trying. At the beginning of 2020 I had lost about 12 pounds and slowly that is coming back on which is really upsetting me. I've been eating certain foods that I don't usually eat - like fried food - so its no wonder I am gaining. I am determined to change this road I am on and try to get myself back to good eating and lose that weight. Thank you all for being here to help me on this journey for June. Lets make it a great month!!
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    @1theresamcvean it sure sounds like you have been through some crazy challenges - but you sound so positive!

and the "I launched a new business called Ancestree Detectives in January. It’s an on-demand service for DIY family historians to hire professional genealogists for as few as 30 minutes. It’s going really well and whoa ~ am I busy!"

is so awesome and what a creative idea!! You will have to keep us posted on how that is going!
  • sandielewis2001
    sandielewis2001 Posts: 318 Member
    Steps for last week..

5/23- 6,500
    5/24- 10,072
    5/25- 10,172
    5/26- 14,865
    5/27- 12,176
    5/28- 9,589
    5/29- 8,589

My goal is to average 70K steps per week!
  • 1theresamcvean
    ljdanny wrote: »
    One of my goals this month is to try and take of me. It's been so tough lately. We have had so much going on this year. 2021 is worse than 2020. This week I have several phone calls to make and one of them is for weight loss. One is also for vacation, doesn't look like I'm getting into Canada again this summer so we are trying to decide what to do. Myrtle beach is sounding like an option. I would like to lose a few pounds by my August vacation but we will see. My sil is getting married in aruba next year, I definitely want to lose some pounds by then.

Sending extra hugs and motivation to you Tracy.
  • 1theresamcvean
    edited June 2021
    lennoncpa wrote: »
    @1theresamcvean it sure sounds like you have been through some crazy challenges - but you sound so positive!

and the "I launched a new business called Ancestree Detectives in January. It’s an on-demand service for DIY family historians to hire professional genealogists for as few as 30 minutes. It’s going really well and whoa ~ am I busy!"

is so awesome and what a creative idea!! You will have to keep us posted on how that is going!

Thanks, Sheryl. I've missed you. I thought of you out on a walk last week when I saw the Hummussiah the other day. https://www.thehummussiah.com/
    For real!

p.s. I waited to come back until I was feeling positive. :smile:
  • melaniedscott
    ~ Here Comes the Hot Steppers! ~

Don't think I didn't see what you did there!
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Antiopelle wrote: »
    Username: Antiopelle
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    PW (Previous Weight): 160.7
    CW (Current Weight): 162.2
    Now about the weight: not to proud of that one today. Yesterday I woke up feeling tired and achy and on top of that I got some very stressful news. The combo of these three send me in a binge that I just couldn't control. But here I am, a confession made, a fresh start ahead for a new week without any alcohol.

Here is some good news: the likelihood you actually gained two pounds in one day is super low. You'd have to have eaten...7000 extra calories? I'm trying to visualize what a binge of that magnitude would look like. And I can't. Your body is probably just shaking itself out and I'd bet some of that binge had some extra salt....which can make the scales go up. Hydrate! Bet it drops in a day or two. Sorry to hear you got unwelcome news. And, if I didn't say it before...welcome to the team.

Thanks for the kind words !

I'm using the Happy scale app to smooth out fluctuations, but sometimes it is still bugging me. Those 2 pounds are gone now, and I'm back on track.

• vvlucky
    vvlucky Posts: 51 Member
    Username: vvlucky
    Weigh In Day: Wednesday
    PW (Previous Weight): 187.6
    CW (Current Weight): 189.2 - posting for accountability - I will post my "official" weigh in on Wednesday

Hi all,
    I am 60 years old and live in Pennsylvania with my husband of almost exactly 30 years (June 15th), 3 dogs, 4 chickens, 4 young adult children, some live with us - some just visit constantly (ha!). I am an elementary teacher - no longer in the classroom - I tutor kids on my outdoor porch in person. It was very cold over the winter - we had space heaters galore - but it was great and I was able to tutor the kids in person - which during Covid, was huge, especially for students who need extra support. Now that it's summer, this little tutoring business is really booming and I'm in the position of having to say "no" to new students.

As for this program and group and weight in general - I am a stress eater and drinker - BUT I am now more in charge of my life than any time in the last 10 years. We have a daughter with severe emotional disabilities that have wreaked havoc on our family - but after many, many years of hard therapeutic work and private schooling and expense - she is doing better. I am learning to live in the "now" - and this is essential to my own emotional healing. I think my next 30 years will be awesome.

My goals for June are to get down to 184 by July 1 - meditate regularly to have a better stress baseline - exercise 3x per week - and reduce alcohol.

Warm regards to all of us!
  • IDebraK
    IDebraK Posts: 139 Member
    I'd like to be part of the "steppers". I wear my fitbit religiously. What do I do?
  • melaniedscott
    IDebraK wrote: »
    I'd like to be part of the "steppers". I wear my fitbit religiously. What do I do?

Just post your steps every week. We track Sun-Sat. As long as they're posted by...Monday AM, you'll be included in the step message. Better if it's in by Sunday, though.

Some people post steps by day. Some post weekly totals. Some post a combination of the two. Whatever works for you.
This discussion has been closed.