• minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,211 Member
    minstrelofsarcasm
    June Week One

Weigh In Day: Thursdays
    PW (Previous Weight): 169.2 (May 27th)
    CW (Current Weight): 168.4 (June 3rd)
    LTD (Loss to Date): 65.6 lbs

This past week has been a good one. I haven't been entirely on top of my food intake, but the days when I have been eating well, I've been eating REALLY well. I think my food-filled Memorial Day led me to overcompensate throughout the rest of the week, and the heavy alcohol consumption meant that I drank even more water than I usually do to avoid the potential hangover (no hangovers were experienced).

Food:

As mentioned above, I ate a lot of food at a party this past weekend. I balanced it out reasonably well throughout the rest of the week, and also didn't indulge myself too much at the party in general. Made it a point to only take a little bit of anything I wanted, and then I wasn't allowed to fill another plate for another two hours. It was nice, not being so focused on standing around the food table, debating what to eat next.

Exercise:

I recently received a compliment on my deadlift form, and now it's playing on repeat in my brain. Huge confidence boost. Honestly just what I needed. I've been feeling pretty alienated lately when it comes to my fitness communities, and even the small compliment and shoutout made a world of difference.

Mindset:

I don't know if anyone else ever feels like they're just a secondary character in someone else's story, but that attitude has invaded quite a few aspects of my life. And I've been struggling with it a lot the past few months, feeling as if there were too many variables out of my control. This past week, I've made a few changes and tried to take back the control I've had over my life. I'm hoping it helps. I'll check back in a week or so and let everyone know how it's going. But, for now, I'm hopeful.

c7747ff3f09c3e0bc65b009240743569-550x550.jpg
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,211 Member
    Waiting on Weigh-Ins from:

@cldvermont - Sun
    @bumpbreakcar - Sun
    @Cocopops8 - Tue
    @pizzafruit - Wed

If you need to change your weigh day for any reason, please let us know! If you'd rather be excused for this week, say something! Two weeks in a row without weighing in results in being dropped from the team, but having an excused week saves you from all the judgment and torment that would fall upon you if you had said nothing. That's definitely not a threat... yet.
  • pizzafruit
    pizzafruit Posts: 317 Member
    User name: Pizzafruit
    Weigh-in day: Wednesday
    PW: 274.4
    CW: 275.0
    I know I'm a day late - sorry. Yesterday was test day for my husband, so my day was spent at the hospital.
  • sandielewis2001
    sandielewis2001 Posts: 318 Member
    June Week One
    Weigh In Day: Thursdays
    PW (Previous Weight): 227.2 (May 27th)
    CW (Current Weight): 225.8 (June 3rd)
    LTD (Loss to Date): 45.3 lbs
  • sandielewis2001
    sandielewis2001 Posts: 318 Member
    Week one in the green!

I've felt very happy with my progress this week. I have increased my morning walk from 3.5 to 4 miles and it feels great. When I first started walking the dog in the mornings it was hard to walk around the block. I am so impressed with the strength and stamina I have built by just sticking with a simple walk.

I got my work from home sit/stand desk set up yesterday and have been enjoying the chance to stand up and work. I have a sit/stand desk at the office but haven't been there for over a year now. The benefit of work from home is that nobody can see me dancing to music while working on spreadsheets (except my wife and she knows I am crazy).

On the food side of things, it is becoming very natural to eat in a way that hits my calorie and macro goals. Since my wife is on this journey with me we don't keep the trigger foods in the house and are very deliberate about any meals out. Having support makes this process so much easier.

Keep up the good work all!!!
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,063 Member
    Ljdanny
    Week 1
    Thursday
    Pw 192
    Cw 193
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,063 Member
    Well I'm not surprised of the gain, it is tom week so I am hoping it is only that. I have started logging my food and exercise again, let's just hope I keep up with it. I start off strong then I trail off, I will forget to log some things or forget to complete diary at end of night. Right now I'm sitting in the car waiting for my son. He is in seeing yet another surgeon this time for his neck. I should have brought my sneakers and walked the parking lot, but I just thought if it. The weather is starting to heat up here, maybe I'll go for a swim when I get home.
  • rachelrjh
    rachelrjh Posts: 258 Member
    @minstrelofsarcasm
    Please let me skip my weigh in this week. I won’t get in till late tomorrow night. Combined with the food I ate while on vacation and it being my Tom I’m guessing I put on a few pounds. I’d rather not look. Let me get back into my routine of diet and exercising and I’ll weigh in again next week on the 11th.
  • kaj848
    kaj848 Posts: 73 Member
    Kaj848
    Week 1
    Thursday
    Pw 163.8
    Cw 163.8
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,314 Member
    rachelrjh wrote: »
    @minstrelofsarcasm
    Please let me skip my weigh in this week. I won’t get in till late tomorrow night. Combined with the food I ate while on vacation and it being my Tom I’m guessing I put on a few pounds. I’d rather not look. Let me get back into my routine of diet and exercising and I’ll weigh in again next week on the 11th.

I know, I'm not Ashley, but we've got you covered. Hope you had a terrific vacay!
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    The weekend is to start soon, so you all have a lovely weekend !

7d54tvxhu1gd.png
  • melaniedscott
    I was just thinking the weekend is a great time to be a loser...other than weight, what are some things you are hoping to lose?

Mine:
    Stress (maybe not this weekend...I'm probably working both days on dreaded captioning but I'll work on it)
    Salt-fiendishness-- must cut down on salt.
    Weeds. If the weather is good...I'll go back to the war against tree invasions, roots and my flower (weed) beds.
  • gottagetthisdown
    gottagetthisdown Posts: 122 Member
    Username:gottagetthisdown
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    PW (Previous Weight):171
    CW (Current Weight):174

Good morning everyone! I hope you are all doing well. Lately I haven't been as focused as I should be. I do not have a routine down yet but I really need to get on a routine so things will flow better. I am on a prescribed meal plan from a weight loss center that I joined about a month ago. The meal plan is not bad it is protein heavy. I am back in the office full time now so I am trying to get adjusted to getting the dog out for a walk before I come into work. I know I have to make better adjustments because getting out the bed at 5:45 hasn't been easy. I want to get out the bed around 4 do my hour workout, take the dog for a walk and still make it to work by 6. I don't know if this is possible but I am going to try starting next week. I hope you all have a great weekend!
  • dbrinkmeyer
    dbrinkmeyer Posts: 94 Member
    username dbrinkmeyer
    cw: 187
    steps: 58850
    sorry I was a day late in recording, I did weigh on time yesterday
  • bumpbreakcar
    bumpbreakcar Posts: 191 Member
    @melaniedscott

hmmm I like to lose the 1) guilt that I associate with eating certain foods. 2) These darn cicadas... they are so LOUD!!. 3) negativity on all fronts!

@minstrelofsarcasm
    sorry I forgot to weigh in this week (Sundays) I was out of my routine and it messed me up.

I was going back and forth with myself about doing this 'cabbage soup' diet so that I could quickly drop the pounds and get to my goal but I know it not sustainable and slow and steady is the key but sometimes its hard... anyways I'll check back in with you all Sunday.
  • melaniedscott
    @melaniedscott

hmmm I like to lose the 1) guilt that I associate with eating certain foods. 2) These darn cicadas... they are so LOUD!!. 3) negativity on all fronts!

@minstrelofsarcasm
    sorry I forgot to weigh in this week (Sundays) I was out of my routine and it messed me up.

I was going back and forth with myself about doing this 'cabbage soup' diet so that I could quickly drop the pounds and get to my goal but I know it not sustainable and slow and steady is the key but sometimes its hard... anyways I'll check back in with you all Sunday.

Would you like to be excused for the week or do late weigh-in? Ignore me if you DID late weighin already and I've missed it...
This discussion has been closed.