TEAM: Gutbusters (June)

Replies

• Bethebestmeforme
    Bethebestmeforme Posts: 96 Member
    Kenyaa3 wrote: »
    Today
    Eating: I am within my calorie budget as of now lol
    Under calories: Yes
    Exercise: 20 minutes walking during lunch but I’m aiming to do more before the night is over

Happy hump day team!

Awesome job 🎉🎉
  • Bethebestmeforme
    Today
    I tracked.all food and drink
    I was under calories
    I didn't exercise because my knees were really bad today.
    I drank lots of water because it was crazy hot here today
  • DebJB30
    DebJB30 Posts: 221 Member
    For Today:
    Tracked Food: ✅
    Under Calories: ✅
    Exercise: ✅ (walked indoors because it was so hot today)
  • Kenyaa3
    Kenyaa3 Posts: 203 Member
    Today
    I tracked.all food and drink
    I was under calories
    I didn't exercise because my knees were really bad today.
    I drank lots of water because it was crazy hot here today

Good job! My knees give me issues as well. I try to ignore them but some days it’s impossible.
  • Kenyaa3
    DebJB30 wrote: »
    For Today:
    Tracked Food: ✅
    Under Calories: ✅
    Exercise: ✅ (walked indoors because it was so hot today)

Good job! I switched to indoors too. I can stand walking in the heat but sometimes I’ll endure it. Depends on my mood lol
  • NationalCapital
    NationalCapital Posts: 108 Member
    @Calli1616 --Monday weight
    @Pumpitusa -_Sunday weight
    Thanks!

Happy Thursday. I normally weigh in on Mondays but I'm hoping that I can move my weigh in day to Tuesdays instead. Would that be possible? So instead of weighing on June 14th, I will give my update on June 15th. Please advise. Thanks!
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Keepingtrack1234 Posts: 911 Member
    emking517 wrote: »
    Good afternoon everybody. Hope you're having a great hump day Wednesday

Username Emking517
    June week 2
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    PW.. 157.0
    CW.. 155.8

Hi! You aren't in this group, sorry!! Looks like you are in Run Track Minds, so be sure to post there!
  • Keepingtrack1234
    @Calli1616 --Monday weight
    @Pumpitusa -_Sunday weight
    Thanks!

Happy Thursday. I normally weigh in on Mondays but I'm hoping that I can move my weigh in day to Tuesdays instead. Would that be possible? So instead of weighing on June 14th, I will give my update on June 15th. Please advise. Thanks!

Yes, that's fine, thanks!
  • DebJB30
    Either MFP overestimates what my calorie requirements are, or Garmin overestimates how many calories my activities burn, or both.

A couple of weeks ago I was trying to figure out how accurate my FitBit's estimate of my BMR is, and I came across a bunch of articles that said studies have shown fitness trackers are not very good at estimating calories burned by activies or exercise.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-fitnesstrackers-calories/fitness-trackers-accuracy-varies-widely-for-calories-burned-idUSKCN1MS2QL

• Shawtytel
    Shawtytel Posts: 103 Member
    edited June 2021
    Thank you @Keepingtrack1234. This past week I have been so sluggish and not really in the mood to do anything. It's that time of the month that just weighs me down. I'm all out of wack for at least 2 weeks. But I'm trying to avoid the cravings and forcing myself to workout everyday.

Congratulations on being in maintenance for 20 years now. That's impressive! I'm excited about hitting my goal, hopefully within the next month or so but even more afraid to get there. Thinking about getting to that point really freaks me out. I'm afraid that my mind with switch into a relaxed state with eating habits and exercise and maintenance for me will be short lived. There is no one in my circle that I know who have set a weightloss goal, achieved it, and maintained it. So I don't know what life looks like beyond achievement so that I can be held accountable. How have u stayed the course for so long?
  • Bethebestmeforme
    So today I was able to visit with my 2 week old grandson Conner <3
    His mom was able to have a nap and a shower while he slept for 3 hours!!
    Today:
    I tracked every bite
    I was under calories
    I drank all my water
    And I got my steps in!
  • Kenyaa3
    Good Evening Team!

I logged my food. Went way over my calorie budget but desk more than enough water. I’m extremely tired. Will do better tomorrow!

Have a good one!
  • DebJB30
    Today:
    Tracked Food ✅
    Exercise ✅
    Under Calories ❌

I was just over by a little, so I’m not too upset, but it’s because I wasn’t paying attention. 🤨
  • Keepingtrack1234
    So today I was able to visit with my 2 week old grandson Conner <3
    His mom was able to have a nap and a shower while he slept for 3 hours!!
    Today:
    I tracked every bite
    I was under calories
    I drank all my water
    And I got my steps in!

First of all, awesome day. Secondly, WAY TO GO on getting that baby to nap and that mama some time to herself!! WOW!
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Shawtytel wrote: »
    Thank you @Keepingtrack1234. This past week I have been so sluggish and not really in the mood to do anything. It's that time of the month that just weighs me down. I'm all out of wack for at least 2 weeks. But I'm trying to avoid the cravings and forcing myself to workout everyday.

Congratulations on being in maintenance for 20 years now. That's impressive! I'm excited about hitting my goal, hopefully within the next month or so but even more afraid to get there. Thinking about getting to that point really freaks me out. I'm afraid that my mind with switch into a relaxed state with eating habits and exercise and maintenance for me will be short lived. There is no one in my circle that I know who have set a weightloss goal, achieved it, and maintained it. So I don't know what life looks like beyond achievement so that I can be held accountable. How have u stayed the course for so long?

Hi! I LOVE talking about maintenance, because it's seriously the hardest part. It's a LOT of trial and error. Here are my BIG tips for anyone who is interested.

(FYI, I am a 41 year old woman, mother.)
    One, I stick within a weight range (I am 5'7" and feel best between 138-140. Right now I am on the nose at 140 but have been more like 143 since the *kitten* hit the fan last March.
    Stay around 1600 calories (that's what works for ME personally). I don't eat back exercise.
    Get 10k plus steps a day.
    Lift weights/do strength training (even light weights or body weight are GREAT!) (I use Fitness Blender for my workouts at home in my basement!)
    Don't really eat after 6ish PM and before 8ish AM.
    Try not to eat too much sugar (this is both physical and mental!)
    I don't drink much (As I have gotten older it just makes me feel like junk.)
    Eat a BIG hearty protein packed salad for lunch each day.
    Get a lot of sleep.
    I do weigh in a few times a week, just to see the ebb and flow.
    Overall, it's just consistency for me. I will definitely have a drink or 2 this weekend at a party Saturday, so I kinda know and plan for that.

It's not a science, but this is what works for ME!
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Happy Friday!!
    Looking for weigh in's from:
    @frankwbrown
    @TheGlwUp
    @Fthoodbaby

My weigh in:
    PW: 140.6
    CW: 140 (top of my HAPPY weight! Gotta keep my good momentum going!)
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Today:
    Tracked Food ✅
    Exercise ✅
    Under Calories ❌

I was just over by a little, so I’m not too upset, but it’s because I wasn’t paying attention. 🤨

NICE!!!
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Either MFP overestimates what my calorie requirements are, or Garmin overestimates how many calories my activities burn, or both.

A couple of weeks ago I was trying to figure out how accurate my FitBit's estimate of my BMR is, and I came across a bunch of articles that said studies have shown fitness trackers are not very good at estimating calories burned by activies or exercise.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-fitnesstrackers-calories/fitness-trackers-accuracy-varies-widely-for-calories-burned-idUSKCN1MS2QL

I NEVER eat back exercise. Instead, I have kind of just found a number (around 1600 calories) that works for ME and try to stick around that. I feel like that way, on a Saturday when I wanna do some damage with pizza and cocktails, I have perhaps banked a few extra calories to get me through without too much damage! :)
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,178 Member
    frankwbrown
    Friday, June week 2
    PW: 242.8
    CW: 242.2 (0.25%)
  • Kenyaa3
    Hey Team! Today, I tracked my food, I’m under calories but I haven’t exercised. Allergies are on 1000. I barely made it through work.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.
This discussion has been closed.