June 10 Sign In

RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,851 Member
    quotes-about-choices-and-the-present.jpg

So today’s question is going to look rather similar to yesterday’s “what do you wish you learned sooner”. But I do think it is different. Your answers will decide if that is the case. :P

Today’s question comes from a conversation that I had with my friend about her friend who is having a hard time; getting divorced after 30+ years, income issues, home struggles and she is also very very overweight. I suggested that this woman get told about MFP and my friend replied that she did not think this woman would be ready for that.

So, what advice might you share with someone on the cusp of pursuing healthier choices.

Mine, that I actually said in the conversation, was to encourage a person to start tracking, even without a caloric goal, so they have the option of making informed dietary decisions when they wish to. It’s just like looking at the price tag on a blouse before you decide if it is worth buying.

What would be your advice?
  • SModa61
    edited June 2021
    Chinkiri wrote: »
    Looking back on my own divorce, after 25+ years, I wasn't ready for anything other than sympathy, hugs and kisses... The option of looking at myself, my new life, choices, took a while .,. I absolutely hated friends who gave me positive advice on what I could do with my life ... I didn't want to buy any blouses, or look at any price tags ... I would keep out of this, especially if she's only a friend of a friend. Anyway, she'll probably need to address her financial problems before her weight. Your enthusiasm for MFP is commendable though @SModa61

@chinkiri Sorry my opening post was confusing. I told the woman's story as background and thought I was careful in posing the question in a neutral state. My question is not directed towards this woman. I will be out of it, totally. But as I reflected on my earlier in the day conversation, I got thinking about it and the topic idea came to my mind. I thought this was a slightly different version than yesterday's "what do you wish YOU learned sooner", though the the two are related. I also thought the responses might be beneficial to the newer members or struggling members in our group. So, now that you know your advice goes no where beyond this group and you reflect, is there anything you would add. <3
  • SModa61
    @MadisonMolly2017 great information. thanks for sharing this! and as long as walking doesn't make me dislike chocolate, I'm all in.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,960 Member
    SModa61 wrote: »
    @MadisonMolly2017 great information. thanks for sharing this! and as long as walking doesn't make me dislike chocolate, I'm all in.

Haha I eat very dark chocolate every day & have now for at least 3-4 years. You’ll still get your anti-oxidant dark chocolate (that is also high in iron)!!!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,960 Member
    @SModa61
    I wrote a long, pretty personal reply to what could others have done earlier… a question I’ve thought of a lot over the years…

Saved it

Just wrote a 2nd one

Saved it.

Bottom line: I’m not sure what we can do for another besides love them or possibly offer help or financial support to free up their TIME to make baby health changes.
  • SModa61
    @MadisonMolly2017 Any chocolate recommendations?

I have obviously blow my opening question today. Two for two are interpreting it that I am seeking advice for this exact woman. As I replied to Chinkiri's concerns, my intent was that the ideas could actually be helpful for our newest members or those struggling. I should have omitted the story that got me thinking and that gave me the prompt idea. It's looking like this opener is going to be an epic fail.
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    June 10

✅ - Exercise 20+ Minutes
    ✅ - Calories within budget
    ✅ - Tracked every detail I consumed

0/3 Pass Days Used

Personal Challenges Met: 9/10 days (4th)
    ✅ - Net Carbs 30g or less (10g)
    ✅ - Protein 180g or more (190g)
    ✅ - Intermittent Fasted (20 hrs)
    ✅ - All Scheduled Workouts Completed? (4/3)
    • 29 mins Yoga
    • 45 min Run
    • 21 mins Strength (Push-Ups, Lat Pull-Downs, Palloff Press)
    • (bonus) 65 min Walk
  • Bovaryoo
    Bovaryoo Posts: 1,374 Member
    I think it also helps to look at your space. I tend to accumulate stuff, as I get very interested in something and go all in. I find periodically decluttering to be so freeing. I also really enjoy re-organizing my space. Today I made a fun display stack of YA books to read, organized my painting space, and decluttered my bedroom.
  • readyornot1234
    readyornot1234 Posts: 1,027 Member

Thursday, June 10

Tracking: Yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: Yes,

- Hiking - 55 min
    - Strength warm up - 20 min
    - Core - 10 min
    - Lower Body - 30 min
    - Post Stretch - 10 min
    - Yoga - focus flow pigeon - 10 min