July 4 Sign In

Mrs_Hoffer
Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 2,989 Member
    Mrs_Hoffer wrote: »
    0tbh4iabungs.jpg

The Importance of Tracking…..

If you don't measure or track something, you can’t improve it.

Because, if you don't measure something, and know the results, you can’t possibly get better at it. For example, it’s very difficult to lose weight without stepping on a scale once in a while to measure your results – if you don’t, you have no idea if you are succeeding or not.

Or, if you're only using the scale to measure weight loss, and not taking any body measurements, then you could easily get discouraged when you've only lost a couple of lbs one month. You may not have any idea that you've lost several inches instead!! (This really happened to ME! I always take new monthly measurements on the 1st of every month!)

One of the best ways to increase your chances for success with weight loss or improving your diet is to TRACK your food. This simply means recording everything you eat and drink throughout the day. Or, as we like to say in the UAC, every BLT (bite, lick, and taste!)

And research agrees. Studies show that participants who track what they eat can lose up to TWICE as much as those who do not track. That's a BIG difference in weight-loss achieved just by simply tracking your food!

3 reasons why you should track your food intake.
    1. It shows you what's really going on. Did you know that on average, most of us UNDERESTIMATE our food intake by 40-60%!? That means we are taking in about 50% more calories than we think we are each day. That's BAD news for weight loss.
    2. Tracking can really open your eyes to the amount of food that you are not only eating but overeating. When you track (especially PRE-LOGGING), you'll be a little less likely to eat that extra dessert or indulge in an additional spoonful of peanut butter. You'll think twice before grabbing that extra snack or treat that you really don't need because you have an instant visual of what that looks like to your day. These once mindless additions to your day that you ate just out of habit, boredom, or stress, add up quick and can easily account for an additional 200-600 (or more!) calories per day. But don't despair….. you can also "plan" to have a snack or treat occasionally. You just have to work those extra calories into your daily plan so that you can still stay UNDER your calorie goal.
    3. Tracking also helps you to increase your consistency. If you want to lose weight, you need to create a consistent calorie deficit. This means we need to burn off more calories than we consume on a very consistent basis. We need to dial our nutrition in for the entire week, not just a day or two. This is one reason why it's so important to not sabotage your results on the weekends after a great week of eating and working out. This consistency is a valuable key for weight loss. If your calories end up where you want them to be one day, only to be too high the next day, it's going to be very hard to lose weight. Tracking will allow you to be consistent throughout the week and allow you to continually work towards your goals.

Tracking is one of the 3 "pillars" of the UAC. And you only cheat yourself when/if you don't track every single thing that goes into your mouth! :flushed:

Happy Independence Day to those in the US! Stay safe! I'll be travelling to visit family in PA that we haven't seen since before COVID, so I'll only be able to get on via my phone while I'm away (thus, the early post). 🧨 🙋‍♀️

So true thanks so much for the reminder Mrs-Hoffer. Xo
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,237 Member
    This is just a test post from iPad. My posts seems to be disappearing.
  • biketheworld
    This is a test from my desktop - using safari.
  • biketheworld
    One more test from desktop - using chrome.
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    @donna25trinity. I love your goals! I especially like the idea of your gratitude bracelet!
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    edited July 2021
    04/07/2021
    "Don’t give up! Just keep on pushing yourself and give your body a chance, it'll surprise you in a way you would never imagine it could. You'll one day look back and thank your past-self for not giving up."

They removed the apartment from the market. It means they already decided who will move there. We have to wait till tomorrow. It is so difficult to stay optimistic. I better go to bed and try to sleep :(

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
    • Day 5 of Beginner EPIC | Full Body HIIT Workout
    • Freestyle 9.263 km in 1:11:47 (7.74 km/h)
    • Fitness Age/VO2max: 20/41
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
    Pass days used: 0 of 3
    158707077.png

GREAT job getting 3 yesses in spite of a discouraging day! My fingers are crossed that you guys will find something!