Should I eat more at the end of the day if my macros are off?

Options
JenneauInLA
JenneauInLA Posts: 18 Member
Hi again,

I have a feeling someone here knows the answer to this. I'm currently eating during an 8-hour window, which works for me. My calorie goal is 1,650 (a little more or less) and I was wondering if when my macros aren't at the percentages I want them to be at the end of the day, would it be worth it to eat some more fat before bed? I'm not hungry, but wonder if it would benefit my metabolism to add a little more fat, even though I'd go over my calorie goal. For reference, I'm using macros of 5% carbs, 20% protein, and 75% fat. Today I'm at 8%, 26%, 66%.

Thank you for reading this!

Replies

• JenneauInLA
    JenneauInLA Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    2t9nty wrote: »
    Everyone figures out what works for them. I view protein as a goal and carbs as a hard limit. Calories and fats are "soft" limits. I stay under 20 net carbs a day. Typically net carbs are under 10. I (mostly) keep fats under 100. I would not add anything for the sake of percentages if I were not hungry.

It sounds like you've got this down! Thanks for answering my question--it makes sense. I'm going to focus more on keeping my carbs down... I'm still at the stage where all these very low in carbs foods are adding up to more than I'd intended. Time to rein it in, I think. And I'm glad to read that I can call it a day if I'm not hungry... wow, that last sentence sounds so weird. Before I tried keto, I was never "not hungry," haha. : )
  • 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    2t9nty wrote: »
    Everyone figures out what works for them. I view protein as a goal and carbs as a hard limit. Calories and fats are "soft" limits. I stay under 20 net carbs a day. Typically net carbs are under 10. I (mostly) keep fats under 100. I would not add anything for the sake of percentages if I were not hungry.

It sounds like you've got this down! Thanks for answering my question--it makes sense. I'm going to focus more on keeping my carbs down... I'm still at the stage where all these very low in carbs foods are adding up to more than I'd intended. Time to rein it in, I think. And I'm glad to read that I can call it a day if I'm not hungry... wow, that last sentence sounds so weird. Before I tried keto, I was never "not hungry," haha. : )

FWIW, I have been keto since 2016. I have it reasonably well figured out in terms of what works for me. People get obsessed with testing ketones or something. I just keep carbs low enough so that I stay in ketosis basically. I do want to get enough protein, and I don't want calories to spiral out of control.