July 9 Sign In

Replies

• thabit11
    thabit11 Posts: 272 Member
    July 9

Yest to all questions.
    Pass days 2/3.

As I have mentioned before, great topic, I'll keep all the information written in my diet note. I have three choices when it comes to celebrations:
    - eat nothing
    - save up the day's calories for the feast
    - lose control
    It pretty much depends on my mood and determination. But I no longer get angry of myself for over eating, I just feel slight of guilt, when I know I overdid it.

Goodnight / good morning to you all 💛💜
  • Higa2021
    Higa2021 Posts: 106 Member
    Chinkiri wrote: »
    I live in a foodie country, France, but the French don't celebrate with particularly calorific food, nor do they eat giant portions. I do go to nice French restaurants regularly though and next week, for my birthday, I'll go to the restaurant round the corner for lunch, fabulous food. I'll have the fish or vegetable dishes, fewer calories and I'm not a big carnivore anyway, and I'll stop eating when I've had enough - I can do that now! My downfall is the wine: I think I can just have the one glass of wine, but I usually end up having more. I order by the glass now, I know that if I order a bottle to share, between two, I'll drink most of that. I'm also lucky in that I am not into desserts, so I just have a coffee to finish my meal. I can be tempted by a good creme brulee though! I limit the bread intake to one or two small bits, another one if I have to mop up delicious sauce. Oh, and I have a very small breakfast and after lunch out I don't need to eat much dinner ...
    Next week is 14 juillet, French National day, celebrating the French Revolution, not a food celebration...
    The only time I declare a Pass Day is Christmas dinner in UK with my kids. My oldest son is a Michelin star chef and his brother is pretty good too. We usually have turkey, duck or goose with all the trimmings.
    I am aware that European food culture is very different from USA ...

Sounds wonderful! And congratulations on your son's Michelin star. What a huge achievement!
  • Higa2021
    Higa2021 Posts: 106 Member
    edited July 2021
    Grrr. Hit the wrong key again. Short version 3rd pass, 4th sugar, did exercise
  • Chinkiri
    Chinkiri Posts: 1,121 Member
    edited July 2021
    @Jana_2020 I know exactly what you mean. My Mum lived in Amsterdam during the Hunger Winter of '44, survived on tulip bulbs and weighed 40 kg at the end of the war. I was born in 1951 but was never able to waste even a few potato crumbs ..

@biketheworld I am hugely proud of my son! The other one is a computer programmer who literally earns three times as much as his big brother, but the one I am most proud of is the guy who spends all his hours on his feet, producing the most amazing food ...
  • DebyS137
    DebyS137 Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited July 2021
    k19uatvaksgz.gif~ ~ ~Waving Hello~ ~ ~ 7/9/2021~ ~ ~

Exercise for at least 20 minutes ..................................... ✅ ... 130 + min.
    Stay within my calorie budget for the day ...................... ✅ ... Sure am
    Keep track of everything I ate and drank ....................... ✅ .... Sure did

STEPS.......... 16,300+ ......... 100 m Walking .... 30 m cleaning ....

Today Was a Very Productive & FUN Day ... I am sooooo happy Son & his Fam are here
    Spent a LOT of Time with Grandson & that kept me nice and Active ... Teehee

Documenting CONSISTANCY For personal ACCOUNTABILITY

1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9
  • Chinkiri
    edited July 2021
    @Jana_2020 Please remind us roundabout Christmas time! I know the asparagus thingie, but the holiday balls is new to me, sounds great! I am also a cheese lover!
  • Bovaryoo
    Bovaryoo Posts: 1,374 Member
    I treat the big holidays as a pass day, but I don't treat it as an unlimited day as I have in the past. I don't think holidays are an issue for me, but rather the little dinner out celebrations. They add up. I'm trying to order healthier foods out (that I'll still enjoy) and keeping an eye on the portions that I'm eating.

Exercise: Walk & Swimming
    Calories: Yes
    Tracking: Yes
  • Jana_2020
    Jana_2020 Posts: 1,171 Member
    @Chinkiri Loving cheese is the "Dutch" in us. My Mom is 94 y/o. She was very lucky in that her parents were farmers. Although most of the items were confiscated, they still had enough food for the family.
  • Chinkiri
    @Jana_2020 My Mum, almost 99, still tells stories about cycling to farmers on bikes with wooden bike wheels, for a bit of food. I have never been able to forget these tales and to this day cannot throw away or waste food... On the positive side, I'm the queen of leftovers and distressed vegetables!
  • ForLangston
    ForLangston Posts: 990 Member
    Yes, yes, and yes
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,971 Member
    thabit11 wrote: »
    July 9

Yest to all questions.
    Pass days 2/3.

As I have mentioned before, great topic, I'll keep all the information written in my diet note. I have three choices when it comes to celebrations:
    - eat nothing
    - save up the day's calories for the feast
    - lose control
    It pretty much depends on my mood and determination. But I no longer get angry of myself for over eating, I just feel slight of guilt, when I know I overdid it.

Goodnight / good morning to you all 💛💜

Wow @thabit!! Thank you for all of your replies on everyone’s posts!!! And thank you for volunteering to be out Friday Cheerleader/PostcReader!!!! 💕

I particularly loved this summary that you compiled!! Very helpful!

I’d add a 4th:
    - eat as if it was any other day (if in maintenance) or at a maintenance calorie level if losing.

I purposely have not let myself go nuts with food since I began this journey. I didn’t want to activate my lifelong “Eating with abandon” habit. I think this is really important for me.

Even on our anniversary, I ate three meals & a snack. Hiked a ton. Stomach was never uncomfortable.

Thanks again! Beautiful job!

🌸Maddie & ⭐️Mrs_Hoffer
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,785 Member
    exercise: nope
    calorie budget: i don't know, probably not.
    food tracking: nope

pass day 2

but you showed up~!! and posted. To me that is about 80% of the win. None of us are perfect and accepting that but not disappearing is reason to celebrate!
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    _JeffreyD_ wrote: »
    close but no Cigar.

To be clear...
    It's not that I WANT you to have pass days...but I really like all your different, terse descriptions when you do 🤣