Downsizers-July Chat 2021

Options

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,494 Member
    Options
    @888Angie888
    Nice loss! Someone needs to figure out how to make it easier.

@TheresaM787
    Fantastic steps! Hope your visit with family is going well.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,277 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    @TheresaM787 ...Thanks ....When I lift my right hand at times I get a sharp pain in the middle of my back ... I think I might have a pinch nerve or something .... I went out and bought a deep tissue massager ...if this doesn't help then I will be talking to my GP next month

My podiatrist appointment went well ...I go back in October for him..... Today was treat Megan day ... Both Alyssa and I got our hair cuts I got bangs and layered again ...daughter got shoulder length hair (very cute) then we went to Bedbathandbeyond (my absolutely favorite store) I bought a Keurig Kcafe maker that makes cappuccino, lattes and single serve coffee using pods ...an instant pot ...3 kcup drawers...lots of different coffee pods and my deep tissue massager :) Christmas in July for Megan :):):):)
  • Aqualang26
    Aqualang26 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Question: Do you folks track absolutely everything? I'm talking garlic cloves, ground spices and the like. Especially interested in answers from others doing keto.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,277 Member
    Options
    Aqualang26 wrote: »
    Question: Do you folks track absolutely everything? I'm talking garlic cloves, ground spices and the like. Especially interested in answers from others doing keto.

I do log everything ...garlic , spices , all my vitamins etc
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    Thank you Linda, yes loved having my parents here. It's amazing how fast time goes by when we are together. Wished the weather would have been nicer, but at least we are together.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    If it's a pinched nerve, while waiting on your GP, NSAIDs and Physical Therapy/Massage should help a bit. Hopefully that new massager does the trick! Merry Christmas 🎄 hope in July. Enjoy all of those new goodies, you chose some terrific presents. Glad to hear that the podiatry appointment went well and that you both had some nice haircuts.

@rlaskey2
    That sounds so lovely having one-on-one time. Middle school, oh boy oh boy. Another terrific step day for you!!

@Tazaria87
    Your kitchen must have smelled heavenly! Lots of yumminess to eat during your camping trip. Way to go hitting those goals WHILE doing all of that baking!!

@Aqualang26
    I used to track every single ingredient in the beginning. Then as I learned the calories of spices and condiments, I would just do a blanket add in or add in extra portion of the meal equivalent to the calories. With that said, I did measure everything.
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Steps 7/15

This morning I got up a bit earlier. I was able to get in five miles before hubby joined me for our usual three mile walk together. Felt good getting in a mini-Megan (2 hours and 24 minutes). I really don't know how Megan does it.
    Made roasted wild salmon with a spicy plum salsa for dinner tonight. Love salmon, so quick and easy.
    Finished off the Long Island-style crumb cake that I made for my dad (they left today and there was only a piece, ok it was a large piece, leftover). Thanks to the mini-Megan, the cake didn't put me over.
    I still need to do a better job drinking more seltzer throughout the day. I'll get there one day.

v7xo99rqms1c.png
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Aqualang26 wrote: »

I don’t do keto but I do track everything. I don’t track my vitamins but if I was taking a cold medicine such as NyQuil I would track that. A shot of that stuff has 90 calories.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @rlaskey2
    Great steps! Enjoy the time with them as they grow so fast.

@Tazaria87
    Great day for meeting goals! When do you leave for camping?

@TheresaM787
    Awesome steps! Glad you had a great time with your family.
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone. Are you ready for TGIF?

@Aqualang26 I don't log everything like normal spices, but I do blend that may have salt and stuff like radishes. I will have to check out the other stuff now.

@TheresaM787 excellent walk and dinner.

@Tazaria87 very nice steps. Glad you had a great day.

Check in for 7/15:
    Steps - 5074. I was in bit short when I went to pick up Alyssa so I walked around the parking lot. Found out I can't do step hills yet.
    Calories - 1470 or so. Hot air popcorn for dessert.
    Exercise - none. Went shopping with daughter.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @TheresaM787 ...Thanks ....When I lift my right hand at times I get a sharp pain in the middle of my back ... I think I might have a pinch nerve or something .... I went out and bought a deep tissue massager ...if this doesn't help then I will be talking to my GP next month

My podiatrist appointment went well ...I go back in October for him..... Today was treat Megan day ... Both Alyssa and I got our hair cuts I got bangs and layered again ...daughter got shoulder length hair (very cute) then we went to Bedbathandbeyond (my absolutely favorite store) I bought a Keurig Kcafe maker that makes cappuccino, lattes and single serve coffee using pods ...an instant pot ...3 kcup drawers...lots of different coffee pods and my deep tissue massager :) Christmas in July for Megan :):):):)

What a nice treat day! Oh a pinch nerve is not good. Enjoy all the things you bought.

rwood566 wrote: »
    Good evening everyone. Are you ready for TGIF?

@Aqualang26 I don't log everything like normal spices, but I do blend that may have salt and stuff like radishes. I will have to check out the other stuff now.

@TheresaM787 excellent walk and dinner.

@Tazaria87 very nice steps. Glad you had a great day.

Check in for 7/15:
    Steps - 5074. I was in bit short when I went to pick up Alyssa so I walked around the parking lot. Found out I can't do step hills yet.
    Calories - 1470 or so. Hot air popcorn for dessert.
    Exercise - none. Went shopping with daughter.

Yours and Megan’s daughter are name twins. Take your time with the walking and stick to flat areas. Another stellar calorie day.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    lindamtuck2018
    PW 210.8
    CW 206.2
    LTD 56.6

Wasn’t sure that I was going to see a loss. On Sunday, I went down to 205.2 and then it went up for the next 3 days. Slight drop yesterday and then a whoosh today.
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Hey guys... I sort of dropped off the map, since Wednesday nights workout.. I didn't even post it. Shoulder was way acting up, lots of pain. Scaled things back, and then had to completely quit some exercises. Since then I was pondering the state of things, and making a plan. Kept my head down, but came out punching. lol (well sort of, I reallly shouldn't be punching right now with my shoulder the way it is. :P) (Also forshadowing... Be Prepared for Rocky Music soon). 🤣

I'll post up my thoughts the last 2 days to catch everyone up. Probably TLDR... But Meh. :smile:

Thursday Morning

Good morning All,

Had a bit of a rough night last night. The Chest and Tricep exercise did not go as planned.

My right shoulder just can't hack it... I threw out the DB presses in leu of Barbell presses with the safeties set up, so no one would get hurt. lol But it seems like I'm not getting anywhere at all with my chest work. Which is a bit of a bitter pill to swallow considering this was a strong suit for me back in the day.

My right shoulder hurts to much... For which there is some evidence as I did one additional rep in each set (the reverse of what normally happens), which sort of shows my shoulder was loosening up slightly with each set. But either way, I did not feel good.

Next up was Seated Over head Shoulder Presses. Oddly enough this was the one bright spot of the evening. This exercises doesn't hurt my shoulder and I was able to complete the entire 3 sets of 8 - 12 hitting 12 each time. (With a smidge of help on the final set). Last time I only managed 8 with help on the first set and 7 there after.

And that is the end of the good news... I tried Incline DB flys at the prescribed weight... But it was to much, I did about 6 reps and none of them were good cause it hurt way to much to get my arm down low enough. So I decided to drop about 17.5 pounds from each Dumbbell going all the way down to 25lbs each and try again but this time going for 20 reps instead of 8-12. This strategy worked, as I was able to now have good form, and still hit my 20 reps with minimal discomfort. And by the third set of 20, i could only actually hit 19 with a smidge of help. So I was working at my limits for that rep count.

I remembered the straight the Skull Crushers put on my last week... So I automatically knocked 17.5lb off thinking the situation would be similar to the fly's... And it was worse then I thought. I should of easily been able to do close to 20 reps with 45lb... But the strain in my right shoulder was just to painful, I decided to quite after 12 reps. And I opted to not complete my next 4 sets of Tricep work, and I opted out of Delt Raises.

I must admit I'm pretty dejected about the whole thing. Not sure what the best coarse is. I'll probably go see a doctor on the weekend. But they will surely say don't lift anything heavy for x amount of time. But regardless, maybe they will give me a scan of sort. Perhaps I can get some sort of physio.

Post workout my shoulder really throbbed for a good 4 hours or more until I finally fell asleep. And that was with Taking a Extra Strength Aleve and Advil immediately after the workout. No throbbing this morning thankfully. The issues seems to lie with Tendon's or something travel over the shoulder and down my arm by the delt. Slight unexpected movements can hurt like the dickens. (stuff isn't moving freely the way it should.). It's weird to do exercises, as it seems my left arm (Weaker Arm) seems to be steady and strong compared to my right.

So until i either feel back to normal... Or see a Doctor/Physio therapist I've decided I'm going to try the following.

Friday Leg day.. Will continue as normal. I have to use my arms to lift some big weight as part of deadlifts and trap work... However this hasn't caused issue thus far so I'll just stick with it.

Wednesday Chest/Triceps/Shoulders... I will move back to Dumbbell work for the entire workout, but I'll only work out my Left arm (my weaker arm). Perhaps this injury to my right arm will allow my left arm to catch up in strength. And I can look at it as some sort of weird blessing? lol

Monday Back / Biceps - Monday's work out didn't bother me and I was pushing more weight then ever before. So I'm going to assume no change. I imagine the muscles and or tendons in questions are largely not affected by this workout.

As for extra work days... Not happening for Chest and Triceps. Normally I do a little extra Bicep work tonight. But I'll hold off for now.

As for Cardio this morning... I decided to take the day off, and call it a complete day of rest. 😛😃

That's the update.... It's just reality. Little miffed, but what can you do? Life goes, on and I'll get this figured out eventually. I hope. lol

Have a great day guys!

Thursday Evening...

Hey guys, I apologize for being horrible at reading the feeds today. The wind was a little out of my sales. But it's not that bad by any means. I had a good day at work. Stayed busy, and silent pondered what the hell I'm going to do.

And.... And... And I had some new arrivals get delivered to work today to boot. So that was exiciting. Namely, a Landmine for the power rack. And the rest of the Pepin dumbbells.

Landmine installed? Check.
    Tested out Pepin dumbbells with some Iron master Plates? Check

Love both.. Pictures on another day... No time today. 😎

Anyway's I couldn't hack not knowing... And the medical clinic tried to call me three times over the last week, and refused to leave a message. So I went to the clinic. Blood work as I suspected was an improvement over last time, and the few things that were off were better then last time, and nothing to worry about. But I guess they have to call. So good on that front.

The Doctor I saw was amazing... She was young, had purple hair and she used the F word multiple times. She basically asked me why I got blood work in the first place.. So I told her the quick version that started with me losing almost 100lb since January and (I also mentioned Lynn of course). And she said and I quote... "That's *kitten* Amazing!". (Pardon my language). I know right? Anyway, She asked how I was doing it, and I said diet, cardio and weight training... She liked that.

Anyway I showed her where it hurt, where it is tender to the touch and how little movements can sometimes cause intense but short pain lived pain, like something is locking up etc. She immediately told me No more Chest and Triceps work (I didn't even mention chest and triceps work yet) so she immediately knew that those particular exercises would screw me up the most... Cause that's the exercises I had to bail yesterday. At that point, I pretty much love this Doctor. She suggested I do more leg work, back and core. She's okay with me doing DB rows with the DB row hand orientation, but BB rows are a no go. She said I may have to play with the orientation of my hand angle to get what's most comfortable.

I can still do curls to if I keep the rep counts high. (or lower weight) which I've been doing more or less anyway. Unless of course I find I'm not getting better or it makes things worse. Then I may need to lay off bicep work but I'll play it by ear.

She also wrote me note to see a Physio-Therapist so I guess I'll do that to... why not right?

So as mentioned in my last post... I'll just be training my left arm on chest and tricep day. lol Whatever works right?

I wish I wrote down or asked precisely what she called me problem... All i know is it's an acute shoulder strain. Running down my center front bicep from the front interior of my shoulder. (maybe what Banjo was talking about).

Also she says you probably don't need it, cause your doing so well but she offered to write me a script for Obempic or Saxenda. Apparently they are Diabetic Drugs, that have also help people that don't have diabetes to loose weight that can't lose it any other way. She says they are great. I find this part of the whole thing just weird. Why even mention them, if I'm doing so well? There must be side effects? Is she suggesting I could do even better with them? (I'm not diabetic by the way). Anyway for *kitten* and giggles I'm going to read about them. But I can't see randomly starting to take drugs at this point as a good thing.

Okay... Gota go... Still lots to do.

But I'm doing great... Just a minor setback.

PS. We have what we need to debut our new surprise in the Exercise room. Sadly between the Doctor's appointment, Setting up the Landmine, and playing with my Dumbbells, cooking supper, and writing this post. I have no time to set it up and take the picture. So another day must pass.

Peace guys, No time to catch up at the moment. (hopefully tomorrow).

🤗🤗🤗🤗

Friday morning (today)

Good morning Everyone,🤓

So, the bump in the road is in the rear-view mirror. Granted I may be on a gravel side road at the moment, so you never know when the next bump in the road may show itself. 😳

I'm trying to come to the realization that this is now about the lifestyle and the long game. It's not about trying to be as strong as I once was. It's not about trying to be some crazy power lifter; it's not about trying to have the biggest guns in San Antonio. It's simply about trying to live a healthy good life. Live longer, and living well.

So, does it matter if I need to ease off lifting some chunks of weights? To allow myself to heal and be healthy? HELL NO. The main thing is, that I do heal, and I continue doing the things that will get me to the best healthy and happy me long term. Granted that all sounds good, and I am grappling with making that a reality both in my conscious but more importantly unconscious thought. But hey... It's a process. I'm sure I'll want to push the boundry here and there, and see what I might be able to get away with. Like tonight for instance? Should I be dead lifting 240 pounds for reps? will it put strain on my right shoulder? Maybe, but then again, I'm not actually working that particular muscle that's buggered up? I guess we will, see?

The drugs the Doctor mentioned. Don't worry about me taking drugs for weight loss. I'm equally puzzled why the Doctor brought them up. Cause I'm definitely not interested in them. I was just curious as to the fact she mentioned them. Anywhoo, did a quick google on them, and they work by affecting certain Hunger Hormones... Thus, reducing hunger, thus making it easier for those that eat too much to eat less. THIS IS NOT OUR PROBLEM. The Keto Diet, has already completely curbed our hunger... heck this Sunday will be our 25th straight Sunday in which we haven't ate so much as a Crumb (not even one to small for a mouse)🎅 . Honestly, I don't feel hungry eating 1400 calories a day and you all know I burn in excess of 5000 calories a day 2.5 days a week on average. lol. My only thought regarding her mention them, is perhaps they really are a decent alternative for those that do find dieting extremely hard, and can't overcome the natural hunger signaling from the body? So, who knows, I'm sure there are people out there that it may well be part of the answer for. But definitively not us.

(Side note... She suggested I'm now 40.. as in not 25 anymore... Hello I'm 49. Yeah Baby). 😃😊

Sleep and Workout ahead (LEGS)....

Lynn tried a 10mg time released Melatonin for the first-time last night. And she SLEPT hard all night.... I think we have a new fan. Though she's thinking and I tend to agree, perhaps a half a pill would have sufficed. She's generally a half a person, right? (Size wise, but she's got more heart than all the passengers of the "Love Boat" put together.. 😄💖).

Lynn decided to get her Elliptical on this morning, and being cool out I decided it was time to get my butt outside. Beautiful morning for a walk. I noted I think I was going along quite well completing 6 laps and getting my butt upstairs to the bedroom in 27 Minutes. As such, I have to say I'm having to work much harder to get my Heart rate up. And I'm having trouble moving fast enough to do so. The uphill sections aren't doing what they once were to push my heart rate up either. Perhaps If I did a 7th lap, I would have finally seen some mid-level 165ish numbers. But it's leg day, and I'm supposed to take cardio easy. So, 6 laps were good enough for me today. 🍗👍

Other than that, I decided to resign from a board of directors' position... With covid coming to an end and meetings about to start up. I just don't have time to spare, I can't spare a square. So that's that. I got better things to occupy my time, like my health, and life with my fiancé. 🤗

Alright guys... I better get to work. I will be catching up with you all today! (it's friday afterall.)

WHOOO HOOOOOOOOOO 🤗🤗🤗🤗

gupibz7wcl67.png
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Check in for Thursday
    ✅Steps 5,404
    ❌Sleep
    ❌Walk
    ✅8/8 hourly reminders

Got closer to my step goal yesterday so that will be my focus today. Hit all my reminders to move. It makes a big difference in my step count when I do these. I went to the chiropractor in the evening. My sleep has been iffy lately. When I meet my sleep goal I am staying in bed later to get that extra sleep. I have been doing pretty good on not eating when I am up at night. This is a relief.

I was supposed to go get my blood work done for both the family doctor and the rheumatologist today. I was to tired to drive my husband to work so I will reschedule my appointment. There was no sign up regarding the opening of the pool yesterday evening so I will go for a short walk today. Got to move or I am going to seize up.

Happy Friday!
This discussion has been closed.