Downsizers-July Chat 2021

Options
TeresaW1020
TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
onwbjzdzj9cb.jpg

Here is your Team chat room for July 2021. This is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post every day, and help each other succeed!

We have six great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Beka - @Beka3695
Teresa - @TeresaW1020
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970
Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020
Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @micki48
Shrinking Assets - @Beka3695 and @imgwendolyn2015

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - @TheresaM787
Mission Slimpossibles - @AustinRuadhain @katmary71 and @trooworld
Trimstones - @angmarie28 and @JoDavo66
Weight No More - open
WaistAways - @Terytha and @conleywoods
Shrinking Assets - @hipari and @junedave3 [/center]

HOW IT ALL WORKS:
Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, every week without fail! At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also track those small, steady losses with the Green Week count. If you lose, however small an amount, it counts for 1 week in the green. At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard!

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:

Username
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you need a week off, a break, a change of weigh-in day - just ask your Captains here on your team chat page. If you take a break, you are moved to the Support Team. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions and weigh in if you want to, but your weigh-ins will not be counted on the weekly tally. If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to ask if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone! You need support to maintain, and you can help your teammates join you. You continue to weigh in every week, and if you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month and year begin!!

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,499 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    pnj6ty3jolrm.jpeg

Hi all and welcome to the Downsizers July team chat! My name is Linda and I am one of the team captains. My counterpart is the amazing Megan aka @Megan_smartiepants1970. Our two motivators are Theresa aka @theresam787 and Jonathan aka @Poobah1972.

I am originally from Newfoundland but I live in Southwestern Ontario. I am 57 years old, married, retired due to a disability and have 3 adult children. I also have 3 beautiful granddaughters and will have another one come early November. Hayley and Norah live in Ontario but little Stella lives in Scotland. I am hoping to make a trip to Scotland this fall. I have two fat cats, Nick and Lady.

I struggled with my weight since the birth of my son 33 years ago. So I have been overweight most of my adult life. I started my weight loss journey in February 2019 and have been with F2F ever since. I have had a couple of ups and downs since starting my journey but I never gave up. I try to walk every day but I am limited on how far due to back issues. We have an exercise room and a pool in our building but due to Covid-19 restrictions they are closed. Right now the tentative reopening for gyms and indoor pools is July 21st so I am hopeful. I am not setting a weight loss goal for the month as I get frustrated if I don’t meet it. Instead, I am going to concentrate on meeting my daily goals.

July goals
    1. Sleep minimum 7 hours a night
    2. 6,500 steps 6/7 days
    3. Walk 6/7 days
    4. Do 8/8 hourly reminders to walk each
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Housekeeping

Weigh In
    We will post a weigh in reminder every day. If you can’t weigh in just let me know. Please use the following format for reporting your weight as it makes it much easier for us to record.

Username
    Weigh In Day:
    PW (Previous Weight):
    CW (Current Weight):

Daily Check In
    Checking in daily is important. It is the key to making the group work for you. You can do this is any format you want. Things you may want to report could include calories, exercise, water intake, goals or anything you want to share. Share your successes with the team, any struggles or questions you may have.

Step Challenge
    Megan takes care of the step challenge. She will make a post with everything you need to know.

Other Resources
    On the main page of our group you will find many resources. This is where you will find the idea lounge, recipe sharing, weekly challenges and the habit tracker.

If you have any suggestions for the group please let myself, Megan, Theresa or Jonathan know.

Please take time to introduce yourself as it is fun to get to know your teammates!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,308 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Hello Our Dazzling Downsizers welcome to our July Team Chat ...My name is Megan I am the co-captain of this marvelous team with our lovely captain Linda .... I am also one of the Moderator's of this amazing group and I am recruit new people to our wonderful group each month .... I was born in Alberta Canada ...I was adopted as a baby ..I have lived in California most of my life (wanting to move and built my dream home in Colorado) I have 2 amazing kids...son 21 named Austin and he is in the Navy and a beautiful loving daughter 15 named Alyssa whom I have homeschooled from day 1 ...she is also my walking partner :) I am an animal lover ... Right now I have 2 dogs Dakota the German Shepherd and Aspen my husky (both 3 years old ) I also have 2 grandma cats (Kylie my long hair calico (16 years old) and Mocha my tortoise shell calico (15 1/2 years old) and a parrot named Petey that talks more than I do LOL ...I have been on MFP on and off since 2009 ...

As for our step challenge all you do is give me a number of steps you plan on hitting daily and post your steps in our chat ... If you want to be added, removed, excused ...Please let me know

Lets have a great July :) If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask myself or Linda :)

My July Goals Are:

1.Walk 3 days a week with 1 lonnnnnng walk on Saturdays
    2. Swim 3 days a week
    3. Meal Prep on Sunday's
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited June 2021
    Options
    My Friendly Reminder ...I need steps from the following people

@littleflutterby - 6/22- 6/26
    @888Angie888 - 6/26
    @iradi8 - 6/26
    @rlaskey2 -6/25 & 6/26
    @Tazaria87 - 6/26
    @Z1ORtza- 6/25 & 6/26
    @Bluetail6 - 6/20-6/26
    @Beverly2Hansen- 6/22-6/26
    @BRGking - 6/23-6/26
    @amymartin555- 6/23-6/26

I will be zeroing out the steps I do not have no later than Tuesday Morning so that I can post winners for the week and the month

Thanks for your cooperation :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Check in for Saturday
    ✅Steps 7,376
    ✅Sleep (forgot to wear Fitbit as I left it on charger but I feel like I did)
    ✅Walk

Last check in for June so I am going to celebrate my successes for the month as to give me a reference for July
    1. Lost 1.8 pounds (Maybe not the 4 pounds I wanted but it is a loss)
    2. Met my step goal 24 days
    3. Walked 23 days
    4. Stayed with in calories 23 days (before exercise calories)
    5. Learned that my body likes to hover around a weight for several weeks before a drop and the hover again
    6. My sleep has improved

What are your June successes and July goals?

Here’s to an even better July!

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    I am going to increase my step goal by 500 steps to 6,500.

Great steps Linda ...you are doing spectacular ..very proud of you :)

My successes for June was I walked like I said I did and swam ... I am becoming stronger and hardly have any pain other than my my toes go numb occassionally on our walks ...weight loss well that is another story but at least I did have a loss this past week so that is good ... I would like to lose 5+ this month ..Hopefully my body will cooperate :)

I will change your step goal as soon as I do the spreadsheet :)
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    yguuoate3kcq.jpg
    wh4v4fpeuk3i.png
    89j64wnmibuk.png
    2kga76jwhefk.png

rkkp8twff6qd.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    tixm6zksrs6d.png

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    f2mw3641lqpy.png

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    8pyqbb7pqaqj.png
    @bowens1973
    @Beautyofdreams
    @chublet25

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    5w9poppisih9.png
    @BRGking
    @bowens1973
    @Poobah1972

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @happimess01
    @amymartin555
    @IDebraK
    @kerdil08
    @888Angie888
    @SisuMom2019
    @Waifer003
    @Lulu_jo
    @sandielewis2001

ibb0edt7xctc.png

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Congrats to all of our amazing weightloss losers for June :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am not sure if I have put up last weeks steps. I will put them here just to make sure.
    6/21 22,394
    6/22 20,065
    6/23 17,011
    6/24 17,043
    6/25 21,846
    6/26 26,279

This week was different for me as my husband was home on vacation. We were trying to get alot of projects done.
    We also went to Shipshawana for a few hours . Got a bunch of steps there. The downside to that was we stopped at Burger King to eat but I did stay under calorie goal for that day. I also said no to all the yummy junk food there.

I have been thinking of a good reward for WHEN I lose all the weight that want to. I am giving myself a year to lose it( about 35-40 lbs) I have decided that as a reward my husband and I will go on a cruise. Just the 2 of us. My daughter will be done with Vet school and my son will 20 so they can take care of the animals and house sit for us. It will be our first vacation without kids since we became parents 26 years ago. Now I have a big goal and a reward set so I have more at stake if I mess up. I figure a year is long enough so that I lose slowly
    If faster that is ok but I dont want to make it to unrealistic.
    Be back later to put in today's steps.

Awesome steps! You did well staying under calories when enjoying Burger King. I had Harvey’s yesterday and enjoyed it. We have to allow treats every now and then. That is a great reward. I have never been on one but anyone I know that has enjoyed it. I think your goal is very realistic.

Check in for Saturday
    ✅Steps 7,376
    ✅Walk

Last check in for June so I am going to celebrate my successes for the month as to give me a reference for July
    3. Walked 23 days
    5. Learned that my body likes to hover around a weight for several weeks before a drop and the hover again
    6. My sleep has improved

@Megan_smartiepants1970

Great steps Linda ...you are doing spectacular ..very proud of you :)

My successes for June was I walked like I said I did and swam ... I am becoming stronger and hardly have any pain other than my my toes go numb occassionally on our walks ...weight loss well that is another story but at least I did have a loss this past week so that is good ... I would like to lose 5+ this month ..Hopefully my body will cooperate :)

I will change your step goal as soon as I do the spreadsheet :)

Those are great successes. Weight loss is not everything that measures our success. Becoming stronger is so important. I think you are on a mission to walk across the country. Love your June wins!
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Check in for Saturday
    ✅Steps 7,376
    ✅Walk

3. Walked 23 days
    6. My sleep has improved

@Megan_smartiepants1970

Another SMASHING day Linda!! Once again, you blew past your 6,000 goal and then you blew past your 6,500 goal to over 7,300 👏🏻👏🏻 Absolutely astonishing 🤩 I love that you took a moment to reflect on your June progress. Look at all of those goals that you hit🙌🏻🙌🏻 You're doing amazing!

Hi everyone! I am not sure if I have put up last weeks steps. I will put them here just to make sure.
    6/21 22,394
    6/22 20,065
    6/23 17,011
    6/24 17,043
    6/25 21,846
    6/26 26,279

This week was different for me as my husband was home on vacation. We were trying to get alot of projects done.
    We also went to Shipshawana for a few hours . Got a bunch of steps there. The downside to that was we stopped at Burger King to eat but I did stay under calorie goal for that day. I also said no to all the yummy junk food there.

I have been thinking of a good reward for WHEN I lose all the weight that want to. I am giving myself a year to lose it( about 35-40 lbs) I have decided that as a reward my husband and I will go on a cruise. Just the 2 of us. My daughter will be done with Vet school and my son will 20 so they can take care of the animals and house sit for us. It will be our first vacation without kids since we became parents 26 years ago. Now I have a big goal and a reward set so I have more at stake if I mess up. I figure a year is long enough so that I lose slowly
    If faster that is ok but I dont want to make it to unrealistic.
    Be back later to put in today's steps.

That's a truly impressive list of steps Amy!! Love your goal and motivator- one year to lose between 35-40 pounds and for you and your hubby to go on a cruise. You got this! Start looking at brochures (do they even make brochures anymore 😆).

ulc8mxqg8eoq.png
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    TheresaM787
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    Maintenance
    PW 124 lbs.
    CW 123 lbs.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Yes, please keep me in your step challenge. That's the only way I'm going to be able to complete a mini-Megan. Seeing Linda's increase in her step goal, made me realize I should increase mine too. Please increase my goal to 11,000.

I will change it on the spreadsheet ....I love that I have encouraged you to do a mini me :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    I encourage everyone to use the habit tracker ....it helps keep you accountable of your goals .... Make sure you click on the Downsizers tab at the bottom... put your name and 5 goals that you want to do for July and mark them off everyday you do them
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10836904/july-habit-tracker#latest
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps 6/26: 20,218

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Please keep me in the step challenge for July. (Please forgive me if I already posted that...I may have lost my mind?😉)
This discussion has been closed.