Downsizers-July Chat 2021

Options

Replies

• TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    @littleflutterby
    Tanya that is a magnificent list of steps πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» I'm so glad to hear that Gael passed her stone. Poor dear. That is wonderful news about you returning home for a visit. You set yourself up with an impressive goal. I love how you already developed a plan, by increasing your water, veggies and exercise. Yes, walking with someone helps pass the time and makes walking more enjoyable. Before hubby was walking with me in the morning, I'd listen to either motivational weight loss podcasts or audiobooks, that also helped me. Really, you used to be a competitive swimmer? That's amazing! I'm a bit embarrassed to say that I never learned how to really swim (I don't like putting my face in the water or getting water in my eyes). That would be an incredible calorie burn, swimming (quite envious of you). πŸ€—

@azkunk
    YES!! Love that Andrea πŸ€— You got thisπŸŽ‰

@rwood566
    TREMENDOUSLY HUGE Step Day RogerπŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» 4.7 miles walk and over 10,900 steps!! Yowzaa πŸŽ‰ Terrific low calorie day - love your choices 🀩

@Beverly2Hansen
    Another phenomenal step day πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» AND in that extremely high heat!! I'm glad you're drinking so much, that is ridiculously hot. Hopefully the AC comes back on πŸ€— Wishing you some cool breezes.

@iradi8
    Stupid battery πŸ˜† I feel the same way when I forget to charge my watch. Speaking of...
    I'm glad to hear that your mom will be going home today or tomorrow. It's not easy, on either of you. πŸ€—

@mszoueb
    Love that mindset Zoe! You created a fantastic set of goals for July. Congrats on the overall month's loss πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» AND a thunderous round of applause for hitting your SIX MONTH LOGGING STREAKπŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

@lmf1012
    Another set of incredible goals for July! Rowing, strength training AND walking 🀩 Well done Joni not only hitting your step goal of 10,000, but passing it by another 467 stepsπŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

@lindamtuck2018
    WOW Linda!! Are you sure your step goal isn't 7,000? You smashed away your 6,500 goal πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» kept walking past 7k, past 7.5k all the way to 7,697 πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰ Stay cool - the heat can be dangerous when walking πŸ€—
  • MSWarrior7088
    MSWarrior7088 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Good Monday Morning Everyone!!! πŸ€—

What a burn. I'm definitely fully rested and feeling 100% this morning (83 sleep score) . It's quite evident that my legs are tip top shape first thing Monday, and generally steadily get worse each and every day of the week until I get a day or 2 rest. Went over 1.5 miles, and hit what must be PR for cardio burn. Although it's worth noting the reason for the extreme burn is just as much due to the Heart Rate monitor actually working the whole time, vs part off the time. Either way I'll take it. πŸ‘πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

This makes me wonder if it might be a good idea to take the morning off on Friday (Leg day), to see if it helps with my overall performance? Hmmmmmm πŸ€”πŸ™‚

And it's weigh in DAY!!!! πŸ˜ƒ

Seems I've kind of been steady as she goes lately.. No gigantic wooshes, and no stalls either. Sort of a happy medium. Do I wish it was quicker? Maybe, but I know darn well all this weight lifting and eating a bit more is doing my body well. I need to be concerned with the way of life, and good habits more so than sky diving without a parachute? πŸ˜‹

Scale this morning 396.2 for a 2.2 Pound loss this week. WHoooo HOOooo 😁πŸ’ͺ😎😊

Well, I better get my butt to work! You all take care now, and I'll try and catch up soon. πŸ™‚πŸ€—πŸ’ͺ😎

iuwvk6z9qb1v.png

Congratulations on your loss!!! Woohoo!!!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,382 Member
    Options
    Good Monday Morning Everyone!!! πŸ€—

What a burn. I'm definitely fully rested and feeling 100% this morning (83 sleep score) . It's quite evident that my legs are tip top shape first thing Monday, and generally steadily get worse each and every day of the week until I get a day or 2 rest. Went over 1.5 miles, and hit what must be PR for cardio burn. Although it's worth noting the reason for the extreme burn is just as much due to the Heart Rate monitor actually working the whole time, vs part off the time. Either way I'll take it. πŸ‘πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

This makes me wonder if it might be a good idea to take the morning off on Friday (Leg day), to see if it helps with my overall performance? Hmmmmmm πŸ€”πŸ™‚

And it's weigh in DAY!!!! πŸ˜ƒ

Seems I've kind of been steady as she goes lately.. No gigantic wooshes, and no stalls either. Sort of a happy medium. Do I wish it was quicker? Maybe, but I know darn well all this weight lifting and eating a bit more is doing my body well. I need to be concerned with the way of life, and good habits more so than sky diving without a parachute? πŸ˜‹

Scale this morning 396.2 for a 2.2 Pound loss this week. WHoooo HOOooo 😁πŸ’ͺ😎😊

Well, I better get my butt to work! You all take care now, and I'll try and catch up soon. πŸ™‚πŸ€—πŸ’ͺ😎

iuwvk6z9qb1v.png

You are doing awesome .... Congrats on your 2.2 lb loss ....Very proud of you and your hard work :) Have a great day :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,503 Member
    Options
    @Poobah1972
    Awesome loss! You have the right attitude about weight loss. You are doing cardio, strength training and feeding your body correctly. You are setting yourself up for a success journey and maintaining once you cross the finish line. Fantastic burn!

@MSWarrior7088
    Our newest member showing us how it’s done! Great job! Don’t you just love those pleasant surprises. I think with those goals you will have a successful month.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Gooooood Morning Darling Downsizers .....It felt good to sleep in this morning 8am :) Today it will be 104 here in Cali.... It is swimming day for us :) I hope everyone has a great Monday :)
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps 6/27: 15,207
  • Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I did also quite some sport in Basic Fit but I really donΒ΄t have time.
    Love you all
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,503 Member
    Options
    Username. Amymartin555
    Weigh in day Monday
    Pw. 163.2
    Cw. 161.9

Step count for 6/27

Fantastic loss! Almost 30,000 steps! That’s 4x what I have done today. Do your feet hurt? Amazing!

6/27
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 81oz
    Steps 3714

I think I need to stop weighing every day for a while and just stick to my once a week. For the past few months, weighing every day hasn't been a problem. If I maintained for a day or two or had a slight gain it didn't bother me because I knew it would drop eventually. But, seeing the same damn number every day for like 3 weeks now is grating on me. I have these passing thoughts of just eating whatever because 'oh well', which is silly and I haven't done yet, but they are there and it's cuz of the scale. I'm gonna make it my goal to not weigh in again until official weigh in on Saturday. Maybe it will help.

Today my husband actually had to drive to the office for work, it's weird not having him in the house. So after he gets home and we do dinner, I'm going for a walk because I haven't done one in a few days.

The scales can really mess with us. Get your husband to hide them until Saturday. It would be frustrating seeing the same number for that long. Sounds like you may have hit a plateau. Don’t give into those thoughts. The scales will move again.

Z10Rtza wrote: Β»
    Hi, here real quick to leave my info:)
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    1) 8.272 steps
    2) 17.220 steps
    3) 15.019 steps
    4) 8.875 steps
    5)9.463 steps
    6) 9.269 steps
    7) 11.260 steps
    8) 6.696 steps
    9) 8.231 steps
    10)13.757 steps
    11) 17.180 steps
    12) 23.020 steps
    13)24.555 steps
    14) 12.551 steps
    15) 8.631 steps
    16) 10.745 steps
    17) 12.949 steps
    18) 11.989 steps
    19) 11.505 steps
    20) 12.951 steps
    21) 13.750 steps
    22) 8.767 steps
    23) 15.376 steps
    24) 22.215 steps
    25) 8.342 steps
    26) 11.215 steps
    27) 11.890 steps
    My weight @lindamtuck2018
    131.1 kg 289 lbs

Great loss this week! That’s a fine list of steps.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Swam for 127 minutes and burned 747 calories... if I convert into steps it comes to 16,891 :)
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    Username: MSWARRIOR7088
    Weigh in day: Monday
    PW: 197.6
    CW: 195.8

Well that was a pleasant surprise...This month I'm going to really focus on eating healthy, getting my 5,000 steps daily, and getting 12 cups of water a day!

Good luck everyone!!!

Oh yeahhhh πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» That's an incredible loss! I can't believe you were nervous πŸ˜† Those are terrific goals for the month. Way to go Joyce!!

@Poobah1972
    Terrific loss!! You're doing amazing Jonathan πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

@888Angie888
    Another incredible step day for you- 15,207 πŸ™ŒπŸ»πŸ™ŒπŸ»

Username. Amymartin555
    Weigh in day Monday
    Pw. 163.2
    Cw. 161.9

Step count for 6/27

Congrats on a terrific weekπŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» both in an amazing loss and extremely high steps πŸ™ŒπŸ»πŸ™ŒπŸ»

6/27
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 81oz
    Steps 3714

I think I need to stop weighing every day for a while and just stick to my once a week. For the past few months, weighing every day hasn't been a problem. If I maintained for a day or two or had a slight gain it didn't bother me because I knew it would drop eventually. But, seeing the same damn number every day for like 3 weeks now is grating on me. I have these passing thoughts of just eating whatever because 'oh well', which is silly and I haven't done yet, but they are there and it's cuz of the scale. I'm gonna make it my goal to not weigh in again until official weigh in on Saturday. Maybe it will help.

Today my husband actually had to drive to the office for work, it's weird not having him in the house. So after he gets home and we do dinner, I'm going for a walk because I haven't done one in a few days.

Oh, I completely understand- and I'm sure most of us here do as well. There was a time when I thought my scale was broken because it either wouldn't budge or wouldn't go down. Eventually, I'd hit a dip and then I would stay stagnant for almost two weeks, go up and up, and then dip. That's a great idea Ashley (taking a pause from weighing yourself daily), I actually just started doing that a few weeks ago. It helped my mindset. I like how you are going to try it and see if it helps. Enjoy your walk later on this evening.

@Z10Rtza
    Love seeing all of those high steps from youπŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    Swam for 127 minutes and burned 747 calories... if I convert into steps it comes to 16,891 :)

Oh my goodness! Seriously, is there nothing you can't do? Absolutely astonishing πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ€—
  • TheresaM787
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Steps- 11,000 βœ…
    Seltzer- 8 cups πŸ‘Ž only five cups
    Tracked everything ate and drank βœ…
    Under calorie budget βœ…

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Steps 14,500

I was able to do a two mile walk before hubby came outside this morning, then together we walked a little over three miles. He hasn't missed a single day, this is incredibleπŸ’– I'm so proud of him.

I think I need to start including some stretching exercises into my daily routine, my lower back and hips are not happy with me with these mini-mini-Megan walks.

Tonight for dinner I made chicken and veggie shish kabobs with a side salad. Why don't we make shish kabobs more often? They are yummy.

Dessert will most likely be Halo Top ice cream, either mint chip or peanut butter (love their ice cream). I'm hoping to be able to drink a bit more water before turning in (I'm at five cups now, hoping to get in at least one or two more), it amazes me how so many of you drink 8+ cups of water every day. I feel like I'm going to pop at seven cupsπŸ˜†
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Steps- 11,000 βœ…
    Seltzer- 8 cups πŸ‘Ž only five cups
    Tracked everything ate and drank βœ…
    Under calorie budget βœ…

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Steps 14,500

I was able to do a two mile walk before hubby came outside this morning, then together we walked a little over three miles. He hasn't missed a single day, this is incredibleπŸ’– I'm so proud of him.
    I think I need to start including some stretching exercises into my daily routine, my lower back and hips are not happy with me with these mini-mini-Megan walks.
    Tonight for dinner I made chicken and veggie shish kabobs with a side salad. Why don't we make shish kabobs more often? They are yummy.
    Dessert will most likely be Halo Top ice cream either mint chip or peanut butter. I'm hoping to be able to drink a bit more water before turning in (I'm at five cups now, hoping to get in at least one or two more).

I have hip problems too and tailbone hurts... I started stretching each morning before my walks and it does help :)
    Great walk and steps :smile:
This discussion has been closed.