Leslie Sansone July 2021 Walk Challenge

Options

Replies

• AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,584 Member
    Options
    Deeder522 wrote: »
    AnnofB wrote: »
    @AnnofB I haven't tried the Burn & Firm Pilates, I may have to look into that. How is it going for you? Are you enjoying it?

I just got 10 Minute Solution Pilates Perfect Body and will be trying it today.

Hope your Monday is going well!

I've tried a few of the 10-minute solutions. I like them.

I did tried to do one of the 5 workouts yesterday, but we had workers around the house and the power had to be turned off a few times, so a bit frustrating. It's a very fast moving workout of course cause she's cramming in a lot of exercises in a short time. So, it's going to take me a while to learn the routine.
  • AnnofB
    Options
    2 Pilates workouts and 1 yoga workout a week.

7/1.....rest day
    7/2.....47 minutes Burn & Firm Pilates by Ellen Barrett
    7/3.....35 minutes of 5 Day Walk Plan
    7/4.....35 minutes of 5 Miracle Miles
    7/5.....37 minutes of Burn & Firm Pilates
    7/6.....40 minutes of Walk Off Fat Fast
    7/7.....38 minutes of Yoga Over 50 Osteoporosis workout & 33 minutes of the 5 Day Walk Plan

7/8.....34 minutes of 3 Fast & Fun Miles
    7/9.....27 minutes of Burn & Firm Pilates and 20 minutes of Burn to the Beat
    7/10...25 minutes of 5 Mix & Match Miles
    7/11...26 minutes of 5 Fat Burning Miles
    7/12...25 minutes of Pilates and 35 minutes of 5 Fat Burning Miles
    7/13...36 minutes of 5 Fat Burning Miles
    7/14...32 minutes of Gentle Yoga with Pilates and 24 minutes of 5 Fat Burning Miles
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    VeggieGirlforLife Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    AnnofB wrote: »
    @AnnofB I haven't tried the Burn & Firm Pilates, I may have to look into that. How is it going for you? Are you enjoying it?

Morning! It's going pretty good. I'm not a big fan of "take it from the top" style workouts though. She has you do several exercises on one side then the other, then another whole set on both sides again. I like better how Leslie and Jessica Smith do their workouts, sort of "one and done" and move on. But, I'm really feeling I have done something and feel like I'm making progress, so... not going to stop now.

I just got 10 Minute Solution Pilates Perfect Body and will be trying it today.

Hope your Monday is going well!

Hmm. Not sure I would like that style either. I am always up to try new videos regardless. I've been popping all over YouTube trying different instructors. I must be picky, I have only found a couple that I like, but there are so many.
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    Options
    July Goal: 155 miles plus daily Pilates/strength

July 1: 6 Miles ~ 3 Miles Walk to the HIITS + 3 Miles Slim & Sleek + 26 min Pilates Mat Workout w/Ana Cabán
    July 2: 6 Miles ~ 4 Fast Miles Walk Slim + 2 Miles Start Walk + 19 min Winsor Pilates buns & thighs sculpting
    July 3: 4 Miles ~ 2 Mile AM Walk + 2 Miles The Big Burn + 26 min Pilates Mat Workout w/Ana Cabán
    July 4: 4 Miles ~ 3 Miles Walking for Weight Loss + 1 Mile walk by myself + 19 min Winsor Pilates buns & thighs sculpting
    July 5: 6 Miles ~ 3 Miles Slim & Sleek + 3 Miles 5K Walk with a Twist! + 20 min Windsor Pilates full body
    July 6: 6 Miles ~ 5 Fat Burning Miles + 1 Mile Heart Healthy + 19 min Winsor Pilates buns & thighs sculpting
    July 7: 5 Fat Burning Miles ~ 26 min Pilates Mat Workout w/Ana Cabán
    July 8: 6 Miles ~ 4 Miles Walk Slim + 2 Miles Women's Walk + 19 min Winsor Pilates buns & thighs sculpting
    July 9: 5 Boosted Miles! + 26 min Pilates Mat Workout w/Ana Cabán

July 10: 4 Miles ~ 2 Walk Away Your Hips and Thighs + 2 Miles The Big Burn + 19 min Winsor Pilates buns & thighs sculpting
    July 11: 4 Miles ~ 1 mile walk before work + 3 Miles WAH American Heart Association + 26 min Pilates Mat Workout w/Ana Cabán
    July 12: 6 Miles ~ 5 Fat Burning Miles + 1 Mile Brisk Walk + 19 min Winsor Pilates buns & thighs sculpting
    July 13: 5 Boosted Miles + 26 min Pilates Mat Workout w/Ana Cabán
    July 14: 6 Miles ~ 3 Miles Slim & Sleek + 3 Miles 5K Walk with a Twist! + 19 min Winsor Pilates buns & thighs sculpting

73 out of 150 miles
  • mypinkbikini
    mypinkbikini Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I can't believe it's been 2 weeks since I checked in with the group. It's been busy. This week I walked 4-5 miles every day except today. I am doing ok in my new job, just working hard and working long hours, so it works best when I get up in the morning and do walking before the day takes over. I went swimming last week in the pool for the first time and intend to go a few more times this summer but I'm just working a lot and havent had very many days off so I'm not going to beat myself up about that. I am going to celebrate my successes at my new job and reward myself with a new fit bit. My other one turns 2 next month and isn't holding its charge well (its the cheapest 69 dollar version) so a little upgrade will probably help me stay on track better when I'm not removing my watch to charge every other day and forgetting to put it back on.

good to see everyone getting along well. It may be another month or so in this job before I get to a place where I check in regularly again but I will keep walking and hope I can lose another 5-10 lbs over the course of the summer. It's been slow going the last few weeks and I'm hopeful things can fall in place for my family to move with me later this fall. Praying for it really. I think it's close. That will really help me emotionally to have them close every day.

Thinking of all of you even when I'm not here-
  • Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    July Goals

57 / 90 miles tracked.
    Apple watch challenge: Burn 10,112 / 17,000 calories this month. That's an average of 571 per day. (shakes fist at Apple)
  • AnnofB
    Options

7/1.....rest day
    7/7.....38 minutes of Yoga Over 50 Osteoporosis workout & 33 minutes of the 5 Day Walk Plan

7/14...32 minutes of Gentle Yoga with Pilates and 24 minutes of 5 Fat Burning Miles

7/15...28 minutes of Strength & Stamina
    7/16...42 minutes of 5 Fat Burning Miles
    7/17...36 minutes of Burn & Firm Pilates
    7/18...rest day
    7/19...36 minutes of 3 Fast & Fun Miles
    7/20...80 minutes of cleaning
  • AnnofB
    Options

7/1.....rest day

7/18...rest day
    7/21...36 minutes of Gentle Yoga with Pilates and 35 minutes of the ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan
  • AnnofB
    Options

7/1.....rest day

7/18...rest day
    7/21...36 minutes of Gentle Yoga with Pilates and 35 minutes of the ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan

7/22...33 minutes of Strength & Stamina
    7/23...rest day
    7/24...38 minutes of the 5 Day Walk Plan
  • Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    July Goals

75 / 90 miles tracked.
    Apple watch challenge: Burn 13,393 / 17,000 calories this month. That's an average of 571 per day. (shakes fist at Apple)

I'm sidelined just a bit but I'm still chugging along. I think my heel spurs are acting up for the 1st time in years. So that and with some heavy heat & humidity in the air have slowed things just a bit.
    Hard to believe this is the last week of July!
  • AnnofB
    Options

7/1.....rest day

7/18...rest day

7/23...rest day
    7/25...rest day
    7/26...nada

Not going to be able to meet this weeks goals. I have contracted MRSA. I don't know how/where I got it from. I didn't know what it was at first and tried over the counter stuff and hot compresses. Went to the Dr. yesterday. I'm on antibiotics and hope it will clear it up soon. It's painful and I worry about passing it on to my DH. 😬

• savannahs21
    savannahs21 Posts: 364 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    I'm not sure if this belongs here but I'm unsure of which DVD to get. On Amazon they all say something different like Miracle Miles or Walk it off in 30 days. I am just looking for a basic DVD set that has the 15 minute/1 mile workouts like the ones on YouTube. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
  • AnnofB
    Options
    Hi savannahs21. Glad you joined us.

I can recommend 2 DVDs that sound like what you are looking for: Just Walk 5 Boosted Miles and an older one, Walk At Home 5 Day Slim down. They both have a separate warm up and cool down and you just chose the mile you want to walk.

You can find a list of all her workouts at https://www.facebook.com/aprilwalks777/ (you don't have to be a member of facebook to see the list and click on it.) Also Aprilwalks.com has the list but it's been a while since theres been any activity on that site and the list might not be updated there. But I believe it is on her facebook page.

Hope this helps,
    AnnofB 🙂
  • savannahs21
    savannahs21 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    @AnnofB Wow, thank you! This definitely is a big help.
  • AnnofB
    Options
    @AnnofB Wow, thank you! This definitely is a big help.

You are welcome. 🙂
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    Options
    Oh no @AnnofB! I am so sorry to hear about the MRSA and that you are in pain. 😧 Praying for you to heal quickly and that your DH does not contract it as well. 🙏🏻 I'm sure you know to keep your laundry and towels separate, don't share any items. Take it easy and be kind to yourself. 🌼 Let us know how you are doing.
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    Options
    July Goal: 155 miles plus daily Pilates/strength

July 1: 6 Miles ~ 3 Miles Walk to the HIITS + 3 Miles Slim & Sleek + 26 min Pilates Mat Workout w/Ana Cabán
    July 2: 6 Miles ~ 4 Fast Miles Walk Slim + 2 Miles Start Walk + 19 min Winsor Pilates buns & thighs sculpting
    July 3: 4 Miles ~ 2 Mile AM Walk + 2 Miles The Big Burn + 26 min Pilates Mat Workout w/Ana Cabán
    July 4: 4 Miles ~ 3 Miles Walking for Weight Loss + 1 Mile walk by myself + 19 min Winsor Pilates buns & thighs sculpting
    July 5: 6 Miles ~ 3 Miles Slim & Sleek + 3 Miles 5K Walk with a Twist! + 20 min Windsor Pilates full body
    July 6: 6 Miles ~ 5 Fat Burning Miles + 1 Mile Heart Healthy + 19 min Winsor Pilates buns & thighs sculpting
    July 7: 5 Fat Burning Miles ~ 26 min Pilates Mat Workout w/Ana Cabán
    July 8: 6 Miles ~ 4 Miles Walk Slim + 2 Miles Women's Walk + 19 min Winsor Pilates buns & thighs sculpting
    July 9: 5 Boosted Miles! + 26 min Pilates Mat Workout w/Ana Cabán

July 10: 4 Fast Miles Walk Slim + 19 min Winsor Pilates buns & thighs sculpting
    July 11: 4 Miles ~ 1 Mile AM Walk + 3 Miles Walking for Weight Loss + 26 min Pilates Mat Workout w/Ana Cabán
    July 12: 4 Miles ~ 2 Mile AM Walk + 2 Miles Start Heart Walk + 19 min Winsor Pilates buns & thighs sculpting
    July 13: 6 Miles ~ 3 Fast Miles + 2 Mile Super Walk + 1 Mile Walk Party + 26 min Pilates Mat Workout w/Ana Cabán
    July 14: 6 Miles ~ 5 Mile Fat Burning Walk + 1 Mile Heart Healthy +19 min Winsor Pilates buns & thighs sculpting
    July 15: 6 Miles ~ 4 Fast Miles Walk Slim + 2 Miles Woman's Walk+ 26 min Pilates Mat Workout w/Ana Cabán
    July 16: 5 Boosted Miles! + 19 min Winsor Pilates buns & thighs sculpting
    July 17: 4 Miles of Ultimate 5 Day + 26 min Pilates Mat Workout w/Ana Cabán
    July 18: 4 Miles ~ 2 Mile AM Walk + 2 Miles walk on my own + 19 min Winsor Pilates buns & thighs sculpting
    July 19: 6 Miles ~ 3 Miles WATP Express + 3 Miles Slim & Sleek + 26 min Pilates Mat Workout w/Ana Cabán
    July 20: 6 Miles ~ 5 Boosted Miles! + 1 Mile Brisk Walk + 19 min Winsor Pilates buns & thighs sculpting
    July 21: 5 Fat Burning Miles + 26 min Pilates Mat Workout w/Ana Cabán
    July 22: 6 Miles ~ 4 Fast Miles Walk Slim + 2 Miles Woman's Walk + 13 min Karen Lord Pilates Movement legs & butt
    July 23: 3 Miles Walk Your Belly Flat + 26 min Pilates Mat Workout w/Ana Cabán
    July 24: 5 Fat Burning Miles + 13 min Karen Lord Pilates Movement legs & butt
    July 25: 5 Really Big Miles Walk Slim + 26 min Pilates Mat Workout w/Ana Cabán
    July 26: 5 Miles ~ 3 Miles American Heart Assoc. Walk + 2 Miles Walking for Weight Loss + 13 min Karen Lord Pilates Movement legs & butt
    July 27: 5 Miles ~ 3 Miles 5K with a Twist + 2 Miles Walk Away Your Hips and Thighs + 26 min Pilates Mat Workout w/Ana Cabán
    July 28: 6 Miles ~ 3 Fast Miles Walk Slim + 3 Miles Slim & Sleek + 13 min Karen Lord Pilates Movement legs & butt

143 out of 150 miles
  • AnnofB
    edited July 2021
    Options
    @VeggieGirlforLife - Thank you, Lani. Yep, a lot of cleaning and keeping things separate. I am seeing some healing going on. Less pain too, so hoping it won't be long till it's cleared up.

Great month for you, I see. 🙂
  • mypinkbikini
    mypinkbikini Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Checkin in...been working everyday between the 2 jobs, walking less, gaining a little, just keeping my head above water. Next month and the one after should be much lighter work wise (as I slooooowly reduce to 1 job) and then I can focus more on me on my off time. It's still very nervewracking to be trying to do the new job and prove myself there and sometimes to wander about thinking what the heck am I supposed to be doing right now, then doing something and holding my breath waiting for feedback. It's exhausting.

I really thought this summer would be very routine oriented but I have a feeling that might come after the 90 day mark especially if I can get 1 place to live, 1 job, etc. For now, I march on and try to walk a mile or two most days even though I so wanted to keep up with 3-5 miles/day as I tried to do early on.
  • AnnofB
    Options

7/1.....rest day

7/18...rest day

7/23...rest day
    7/25...rest day
    7/26...nada

Not going to be able to meet this weeks goals. I have contracted MRSA. I don't know how/where I got it from. I didn't know what it was at first and tried over the counter stuff and hot compresses. Went to the Dr. yesterday. I'm on antibiotics and hope it will clear it up soon. It's painful and I worry about passing it on to my DH. 😬

7/27...nada
    7/28...3 sets of 8 reps - squats, lunges and crunches. Unable to do any upper body work as the MRSA is under my right arm. 😣
    7/29...nada
    7/30...34 minutes of Yoga Over Fifty
    7/31....3 sets of 8 reps - squats, lunges and crunches

Feeling better and the infection seems to be lessening. I sure have missed my workouts!