July 25 Sign In

Options
13ยป

Replies

• Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    @victorious55 CONGRATS on 20 nut free days!!! ๐ŸŽˆ๐Ÿฅณ You are doing well!!

@RangerRickL stairs are always a super workout! And add in boxes of books! Phew!! But I'm sure it was wonderful to see your friend again. You still seem to be quite busy!!

@ashleycarole86 wonderful job on the 10 servings of freggies today!! Woot is right!!! ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿฅณ

@MadisonMolly2017 I have no doubt that you could figure out a way to use your talent for art to somehow raise funds to rebuild your favorite park that burned last summer. What a tragedy, but I know that YOU could do ANYTHING that you set your mind to!! :smile:

@seilidhe I always love seeing pictures! Thanks! I take it you've had some recent rainfall in your desert area!? Lol. I'm so glad that you were able to get family photos - they mean so much! I grew up as an USAF brat and our family travelled all over the globe during my dad's time in the USAF. His family was all from the New Orleans area, and my mother's family is all out west - SD, WY, NE. I can remember visiting my cousins a FEW times as a child, but my parents divorced when I was a senior in HS and we NEVER visited again during my teen years, or as an adult. So facebook has been a wonderful tool for me as well! They even have a Roberts Family Facebook Group that I've been able to join and invite my brother and sister into. I've been able to connect with family members that I don't even know! In 2018 (1 year after my mother passed away) I went to her family reunion in NE for the first time ever. Her siblings cried when I introduced myself - they had no idea who I was!!! :disappointed: I plan to continue going back to the biennial reunion - but of course it was cancelled in 2020 due to COVID.

@Winner_in_Life I see lots of decluttering in your future! Lol. I'm glad that things are moving along nicely! I'm excited for you!

@TerriRichardson112 It's cool that you live on the Emerald Isle and are celebrating your Emerald Anniversary! Lol. And as far as the 3 Pass Days - YOU GOT THIS! You always do so well....
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,141 Member
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 feels good - love eating as many fruits and veggies as possible as it always feels satisfying to me! Had a good variety yesterday too.. so many yummy things to choose from!
  • seilidhe
    seilidhe Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options

@seilidhe I always love seeing pictures! Thanks! I take it you've had some recent rainfall in your desert area!? Lol. I'm so glad that you were able to get family photos - they mean so much! I grew up as an USAF brat and our family travelled all over the globe during my dad's time in the USAF. His family was all from the New Orleans area, and my mother's family is all out west - SD, WY, NE. I can remember visiting my cousins a FEW times as a child, but my parents divorced when I was a senior in HS and we NEVER visited again during my teen years, or as an adult. So facebook has been a wonderful tool for me as well! They even have a Roberts Family Facebook Group that I've been able to join and invite my brother and sister into. I've been able to connect with family members that I don't even know! In 2018 (1 year after my mother passed away) I went to her family reunion in NE for the first time ever. Her siblings cried when I introduced myself - they had no idea who I was!!! :disappointed: I plan to continue going back to the biennial reunion - but of course it was cancelled in 2020 due to COVID.

We got a really good storm this past weekend. I believe it actually started Thursday night, well, maybe earlier, but the good stuff started Thursday. I heard we got more rain the past four days than we did in all of 2020 and I believe it. It came down hard at times, but it was near constant for Friday, Saturday and a good portion of yesterday morning. I loved every minute of it. Probably because I don't get to see it often. :)

I was adopted. It's never been a secret. Last year, in February, I think, I got matched to a first cousin on 23andMe. She and her sister, in turn, put me in touch with a man they decided was probably my half-brother. He is (we had a DNA test done at a lab here to verify it) and it turns out I have a total of 4 half brothers and 2 half sisters that are known of. Between us we have 5 different mothers. Apparently, my biological father was a bit of a horndog. Two of my half-brothers live here in town, one of the half sisters lives in CA, and the rest are in Oklahoma. Since I barely got to meet one of my half-bros before COVID hit, I'm hoping that now that things are (hopefully) improving, that I'll be able to get to know him better. (He's only 8 months older than I am... Sigh... horndog). However, all that being said, while they are my family by blood, the pictures from my sister (who was also adopted and knows all of her immediately biological family) are of the families of my heart: Our parents - the ones who loved us, raised us, taught us, celebrated with us, and pretty much helped to shape us into what we are - and their siblings and cousins. And, although I'm looking forward to getting to know the paternal side of my biological relatives, I am most happy about reconnecting with the cousins that have always been there, if somewhat distanced. (Funny, small world note about this: My ex-sister-in-law invited my daughters over to go through some jewelry from their grandma who passed back in 2008. While we were there, I was telling my SIL and her hubby about the 23andMe thing. I mentioned my two local brothers' first names and my former BIL asked about a last name. I looked him a moment, then remembered he'd gone to the same high school my brothers had attended. Turns out it was more than just that casual relationship. My half brothers had been best friends with my BIL and his brother from the time they were in elementary school. And, in fact, all of us were at the wedding when Sharon and Mike got married. How crazy is that!?!?!?)
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,005 Member
    Options
    Freggie report:

Week of July 18 avg 4.42/day

Sunday: 4

Awesome average @biketheworld !!
  • _JeffreyD_
    _JeffreyD_ Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    Not today. Travel day
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,872 Member
    Options
    sunday was day three of daughter's 30th birthday weekend at our beach condo. Chalk up one more pass.
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Options
    @seilidhe I thoroughly enjoyed reading your story. What a small world!!! Thanks for sharing!

@SModa61 I hope you had a wonderful celebration with your daughter and family/friends! You certainly don't look old enough to have a 30 year old daughter! :smiley:
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,966 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    7/25

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? โœ…
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Only managed to take Pete the Pug for a walk yesterday morning. โœ…
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? โœ…

Using #3 pass
    0 pass days left
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    February 10/3
    March 12/3
    April 10/3
    May 8/3
    June 6/3

3x yes

6/3
  • stella7x7
    stella7x7 Posts: 2,617 Member
    Options
    Planned Pass Day. Celebrating 55th Wedding Anniversary. Chose not to track today. Probably slightly over calories, although I did get more than my 20 minutes exercise done.

u34r9zptri98.jpeg

@lesdarts180 - So sorry that you all are going through this tough time. (((Hugs))) and ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป

Happy Anniversary.
  • Jana_2020
    Jana_2020 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday @mshawski, wishing you all the best in the coming year!
    Loved the pictures @TerriRichardson112, happy anniversary!
    I enjoyed reading your history @seilidhe, ty for sharing.
    Hugs @stella7x7, days like that are difficult to get through.
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,872 Member
    Options
    @seilidhe I thoroughly enjoyed reading your story. What a small world!!! Thanks for sharing!

@SModa61 I hope you had a wonderful celebration with your daughter and family/friends! You certainly don't look old enough to have a 30 year old daughter! :smiley:

@mrs_hoffer <3 so sweet of you. And DD is my youngest. Son is 34. :p it was a very messy but totally worth it!
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Options
    @stella7x7 Im sorry. That is definitely tough. Today must've been very difficult for you. ๐Ÿ˜ฅ (((Hugs)))
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Options
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? no
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes
    • Walk: 4.0 mi
    Passes used: 4/3
    Apple rings closed: 25/31
  • seilidhe
    seilidhe Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options

Thank you. I probably should have warned y'all that I tend to overshare sometimes. :/:#:flushed::blush::| I can't say it won't happen again.
  • tdrjustus3
    tdrjustus3 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,217 Member
    Options
    JULY 25

Exercised: Yes - BodyCombat
    Calories: Yes