Weight No More-July Chat 2021

Options
1789101113»

Replies

• minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,213 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Welcome aboard, @alrosenfield7 and @seltzer_lover !!!

I'm Ashley, one of our two co-captains (along with @melaniedscott ) - please let us know if you have any questions! Your first weigh-in is due next week!

Just so everyone is aware:

I am going to be out Saturday - Tuesday. Melanie has you covered, so I am not concerned at all, but please address any changes you'd like made, or general private messages, to @melaniedscott rather than myself for the next couple days. My intro on the August thread will likely be a little late as well, but you're just going to have to deal with it (or not - but there's nothing you can do about it :sweat_smile: ).
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Username: lennoncpa
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Last week's weight: 136.8
    Current weight: 136.8
    Steps: 101,457

I was at a clogging convention in New Orleans so that’s where all the steps are from and although my weight was up a couple pounds I managed to get right back on track and was so excited to see the number on the scale this morning was back where I was!!!
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    lennoncpa wrote: »

I was at a clogging convention in New Orleans so that’s where all the steps are from and although my weight was up a couple pounds I managed to get right back on track and was so excited to see the number on the scale this morning was back where I was!!!

A clogging convention. Wow. That's a thing.
  • seltzer_lover
    seltzer_lover Posts: 261 Member
    Options

A clogging convention. Wow. That's a thing.

I'm envisioning that Geico commercial!
  • melaniedscott
    Options
    Melaniedscott
    Sat weigh day
    PW: 199
    CW: 201.2

These two pound leave and come back. Pretty sure some of it is water. Have probably been eating too much sodium and my hip has been hurting for a couple days...inflammation...

• melaniedscott
    Options
    ... I made several batches of cookies over the past few weeks, making sure to rigorously taste-test, because it would be horrible if a cookie from the front of the baking sheet tasted any different than the cookie from the back. ...

...And hopefully that shift lasts through my weekend of Renaissance Faire food and my short visit into Wisconsin. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I don't bake much because then I eat what I bake. Or my husband inhales it...I don't want to be a bad influence. I'm likely baking some vegan cupcakes in a week or so for a work event.

Ren Faire is always cool but the food is rarely that good (or worth the lines), other than the pickles (maybe, if you don't mind the inevitable pickle enuendo squad). I tend to take snacks and a cooler with lunch. Don't forget water!

I don"t know where in WI you're headed...but they have some excellent wineries in Green Bay, Door County, and near Spring Green (technically, a distillery, but good wine). At which point...another water plug...
  • Zumba_Luvah
    Zumba_Luvah Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Zumba_luvah
    Pw- 178
    Cw- 175.4

I started weight watchers on Wednesday, felt I needed to try something a little different. Just to help get me back on track. Down 2.6 after 3 days is awesome. Last Saturday to Tuesday I ate horrible, Wednesday Thursday and Friday I did great so i was expecting to be about the same, maybe half a pound less. Nice surprise for me!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    vc6tocpsy9je.png

Hi Team! :)

As we are about to enter our last month of summer it’s time to stop and review how you are doing with your weight loss goals. One way to keep you mindful is to create healthy habits! Here is your NEW habit tracker for August. Just click the link and follow the instructions.
    AUGUST HABIT TRACKER
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,043 Member
    Options
    The August 2021 Team Chat is OPEN!

Finish up this week's weigh-ins here, and head over to August for introductions, new goals, and get ready for a new month.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10839801/weight-no-more-team-chat-august-2021/p1?new=1
  • kandi3570
    kandi3570 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Kandi3570
    Weigh in day Saturday
    PW 175.2
    CW 178.0

Steps 79079

Tom and I’ve been slacking. I’m losing motivation because this is my busy season. I’m never home to cook or meal prep. My quick easy go to meals are getting old and I’ve had way too many carbs lately. Hopefully I get straightened around and figure out how to juggle everything. My days lately are work until 3, have my daughter at volleyball at 4. Pick her up at 5:30 then to football 6-8. It’s grab and go only. 🤷‍♀️
  • ha110w33nsp00k
    ha110w33nsp00k Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    ha110w33nsp00k
    Saturday
    PW: 174.3 (7-24-21
    CW: 176.6 (7-31-21)
    +2.3
  • kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    kirsten11872
    Week:5
    Weigh-in day:Saturday
    Previous weight:181.0
    Current weight:180.8
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    Weight Day
    Username: 1theresamcvean
    Weigh-in week: Week 5
    Weigh-in day: Friday
    Starting weight: 177.4
    Last weigh-in: 150.9
    Today's weight: 150.5
    Loss to date: 26.9
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    @seltzer_lover @melaniedscott It was a National clogging convention!! Lol. So much fun. I really missed it not going to conventions. The nice thing is - there were a lot of young people there who had the fastest feet I’ve ever seen. So clogging will stay around for more generations!!
  • melaniedscott
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Sun: 500...
    Mon: 6234
    Tues: (my counter didn't sync to the new phone...guessing) 4500
    Wed: 4308
    Thurs: 3686
    Fri: 3494 (again, guessing)
    Sat: (new phone...gggrrrrr) 6300

as you can see...there's a pattern. I replaced my phone and the new one takes some getting used to. I'm not sure I trust any of the steps other than Sunday, when I truly did NOTHING. Friday's count clued me in that it might be wonky. Yesterday...I don't know what happened but...it was really wrong. We were at the botanical garden for 4 hours. In line some (Butterfly Fest, you wait to see the exotics), and on a tram but significant walking otherwise...I'd guess 2 hrs, with a bunch of reaching, stretching, bending and crouching (I am a bit of a photographer). I'll post a few photos on the August forum later today.

It's August, y'all. How did that happen?

Also, I noticed the step challenge is short several people who normally post. If July closes before you get posted, post them in Aug and I'll get them to the right place.
  • melaniedscott
    edited August 2021
    Options
    @seltzer_lover @melaniedscott It was a National clogging convention!! Lol. So much fun. I really missed it not going to conventions. The nice thing is - there were a lot of young people there who had the fastest feet I’ve ever seen. So clogging will stay around for more generations!!

I can't even imagine. I'm pretty uncoordinated and do well to walk...I've seen clogging (did not realize they had conventions for it) and...no. People would definitely be in danger. So... New Orleans...that sounds interesting. I'm thinking on beignets... Glad you had fun!
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,258 Member
    Options
    Pw 121
    CW 121
    Steps
    Sun17,816
    Mon 9,753
    Tue 4,387
    Wed 12,135
    Thur 11,615
    Fri 3,189