Shrinking Assets - Team Chat AUGUST 2021

jugar
jugar Posts: 10,013 Member
4bak795kng4d.png

Here is your Team chat room for August 2021. This is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post every day, and help each other succeed!

We have six great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Beka - @Beka3695
Teresa - @TeresaW1020
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970
Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020
Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @ashleycarole86
Shrinking Assets - @Beka3695 and @imgwendolyn2015

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - @TheresaM787 and @Poobah1972
Mission Slimpossibles - @AustinRuadhain @katmary71 and @trooworld
Trimstones - @angmarie28 and @JoDavo66
Weight No More - @rachelrjh
WaistAways - @conleywoods
Shrinking Assets - @hipari [/center]

HOW IT ALL WORKS:
Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, every week without fail! At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also track those small, steady losses with the Green Week count. If you lose, however small an amount, it counts for 1 week in the green. At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard!

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:

Username
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you take a break, you are moved to the Support Team. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone! You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month begin!!

Replies

• angelic843
    angelic843 Posts: 252 Member
    @bigblues11
    I am also very sorry to hear about the loss of your fur babies.

Angela
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,013 Member
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,915 Member
    Hi SA's....You have a new member heading your way ...Please welcome @tarynjoyp :)
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
  • Beka3695
    I am Beka, one of your Team Captains and Group Moderator. My counterpart is Wendyaka@imgwendolyn2015.

I am 44, married, mom of 2 daughters, Mimi of one amazing grandson, and human mom to 3 fur babies. I live in the beautiful mountains of Northern Georgia.

I started my journey 3 years ago at 242 lbs, lost down to 174 (-68 lbs) and maintained almost 9 months before gaining back to 232. It is only failure if you quit... right???

For my second time around, I am currently down about 59 lbs from my highest...

STATS
    Height: 5'7"
    Highest weight: 242, November 2016
    Current weight: 188
    Goal Weight: SEXY AF

August Goals:
    Just a copy and paste from prior months...
    - GET MY HEAD OUT OF MY *kitten* AND LOSE SOME WEIGHT!!!!!!
    - Reduce my binging
    - Reduce intake of sugary foods
    - focus on consistency of steps.

If you have not already, feel free to friend me. Please make your diaries open. Your teammates (umm - or me) might want to borrow your ideas that keep you in check
  • imgwendolyn2015
    imgwendolyn2015 Posts: 348 Member
    @cre804 I have asked that you be moved to support for August.
  • imgwendolyn2015
    imgwendolyn2015 Posts: 348 Member
    edited August 2021
    Hi everyone!
    My name is Wendy. I am one of your team captains. I live in Wisconsin with my husband and two dogs. I've been on the rollercoaster of weight loss for about 20 years. Something clicked in my head when we were sent home to work because of COVID. I decided I would go back to work smaller than when I left. Being at home made it much easier to get my eating under control and start exercising again. In June I came back to work in-person 5 days a week. So many people comment on my weight loss. It is nice to hear it!

I have lost 60 pounds from my heaviest weight of 214. I use intermittent fasting, 16:8, and watch my calories during the week. Weekends are much more laid back and I usually don't track at all. I have been slacking on my food tracking lately. It hasn't affected me too much but I know I make better progress when I track.

Work life is starting to get very hectic. Stress eating is one of my biggest hurdles to overcome.

My current goals are to drink more water and only eat the food I have brought for myself from home, no snacking in the lunch room or getting take out.

I am up about 5 pounds from my lowest weight which is at the top of my threshold so I need to buckle down and stay focused on healthy habits.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Folks:
    I would like to take August off - I am not sure what is going on, but I keep have these serious hunger issues which is freaking me out. I would wake up in the mornings extremely hungry.
    I am going to take August to try and sort this out and get my protein in check
    I am a non meat/chicken/seafood/eggs/soy eater - also found out that legumes gives me serious indigestion, but plan to bring back into my diet very slowly as I really need to up my protein intake
  • Beka3695
    socajam wrote: »
    Folks:
    I would like to take August off - I am not sure what is going on, but I keep have these serious hunger issues which is freaking me out. I would wake up in the mornings extremely hungry.
    I am going to take August to try and sort this out and get my protein in check
    I am a non meat/chicken/seafood/eggs/soy eater - also found out that legumes gives me serious indigestion, but plan to bring back into my diet very slowly as I really need to up my protein intake

Got ya moved. Please let us know what works for you. This has happened to me before and it thru me off track bad!!! I like your approach.

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,028 Member
    Socajam hope you find your balance soon!
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,028 Member
    I'm going to be out of town. Can I skip my Friday weigh-in and catch up next week?
This discussion has been closed.