looking for good ideas for breakfast lunch and dinner on a budget, but low calorie

Options
was wondering how to find good recipes on here, i am new to this group, but need some help, thank you

Replies

• earroyojr71
    earroyojr71 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. ;)
  • AlanJ2159
    AlanJ2159 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I consider what I eat budget worthy most of the time. Some of this can be modified by dropping items but this is what I plan on today as I have already ate breakfast. This is all under 1300 calories btw.
    Breakfast
    1/2 cup quaker old fashioned oats
    1/4 cup blueberries
    1 banana
    1tbsp flax meal

Lunch
    1 cup long grain basmati rice
    1 can Bush black beans

Supper
    1 air fried chicken breast
    1 cup steamed broccoli
    1microwave sweet potato

I will likely indulge a little in butter or lowfat margarine with the potato today because I am shooting for 1500 calories which is kinda tough at times.
    I find if you plan meals ahead of time it allows you to adjust and helps me to avoid getting hungry later and giving in to something quick.
    Boiled eggs, beans, cooked irish potatoes, rice, oatmeal, and even chicken aren’t too expensive and there are many other items that aren’t too expensive but to eat cheap there may be a little repetition from time to time. As long as carbs are complex and not simple I don’t worry about carbs but I don’t have any diabetic issues.
  • WANT2BTRIM1
    WANT2BTRIM1 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Banana Pancakes

(Small pancakes similar in size to crepes) - Total Calories - 249
    This is 1 serving.

1 medium banana (ripe) 105 Calories
    2 Whole eggs - 144
    A few drops of vanilla extract

Beat eggs and mash banana separately with a fork. Add the mashed banana into the eggs. Add a few drops of vanilla extract.

Using a tablespoon, add 2 table spoons of the mixture to make one pancake. Wait until the pancakes look cooked mostly cooked on top and very gently flip with a thin spatula.

Be sure not to do an aggressive flip like you would with a normal pancake. I get about 7 mini pancakes out of the mixture. Keeping the pancakes small in size is key. This method works well for me and I don't need to add syrup or anything else. Enjoy!
  • WANT2BTRIM1
    WANT2BTRIM1 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    tbsyq0xxd7hb.jpeg

Banana Pancakes
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,737 Member
    Options
    Banana Pancakes

(Small pancakes similar in size to crepes) - Total Calories - 249
    This is 1 serving.

1 medium banana (ripe) 105 Calories
    2 Whole eggs - 144
    A few drops of vanilla extract

Beat eggs and mash banana separately with a fork. Add the mashed banana into the eggs. Add a few drops of vanilla extract.

Using a tablespoon, add 2 table spoons of the mixture to make one pancake. Wait until the pancakes look cooked mostly cooked on top and very gently flip with a thin spatula.

Be sure not to do an aggressive flip like you would with a normal pancake. I get about 7 mini pancakes out of the mixture. Keeping the pancakes small in size is key. This method works well for me and I don't need to add syrup or anything else. Enjoy!

Brilliant! And what a great way to use the bananas that have tipped over my ripeness meter (I like them a bit green still - which normally doesn't allow much time on the kitchen island before I'm not too keen on them). Will try these in the next few days and report back!
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    For starters, I do the bulk of my shopping at Aldi, you really cannot beat their prices. For bulk items I do like to stock up at Costco. I'll also buy 1-2 Rotisserie chickens on the weekend from Costco and that makes at least 1-2 dinners, and leftovers are then used in soups, casseroles, chicken salad, etc. I also save the bones for broth, though I don't make nearly as much in the summer as I do the winter.

I love doing eggs for breakfast. I do a cheese omelette, top with some homemade salsa, and then serve with a side of dressed greens. Super budget friendly.

Lunch is almost always leftovers.

I admit, dinner is where I tend to splurge, both on calories and budget. But I find that when you are buying quality, the items go further. We eat a lot of beef and salmon, but the sides are what are budget friendly - rice in bulk, veggies from the garden, stuff like that.

I have an IG page where I post a lot of my meals, if you are interested, feel free to send me a PM, I'm not sure what the rules are around posting stuff like that here in the group.