August 2021 Move Your @$$ Challenge

Options

Replies

• clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,354 Member
    Options
    Aug 12: Heat advisory and flash fooods and torrential rains.Only 4.5 miles walking
    TTD: 84 miles
    exercise.png
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    Adding 15 miles for 25 out of 250.

Adding 15 miles for 40 miles out of 250.

Adding 16 miles for 56 miles out of 250.

Adding 10 miles for 66 miles out of 250.

Adding 24 miles for 90 miles out of 250.

Adding 20 miles for 110 out of 250.
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,461 Member
    Options
    08/08 - 20.0 miles turbo trainer
    08/09 - 01.0 miles rest day walk
    08/10 - 20.0 miles turbo trainer
    08/10 - 01.0 miles walking activity
    08/11 - 30.0 miles turbo trainer
    08/12 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer
    08/12 - 01.0 miles walking activity

Total: 200.0 miles

exercise.png
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,149 Member
    Options
    @dave for some reason the look on your face in the last picture made me laugh. Glad you're doing well. Can you log the miles on the knee scooter? Just saying :-)
    @k80flec I'm sorry, that's gotta hurt. Heal fast
    @cpanus Heal fast too please

Did I miss anyone?

4 miles for me

exercise.png
  • JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

*NEW LINK*
    https://tinyurl.com/yyunbxvg
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,805 Member
    Options
    8/13
    24.89 miles
    252.25 miles MTD
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    13 Aug 11.27km
    14 Aug 3.61

MTD 91.02/180km
  • clepant
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Aug. 14: 5 miles of walking
    TTD: 89 miles
    exercise.png
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,315 Member
    Options

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

*NEW LINK*

@KAR328 - Oh yeah....that's totally okay to laugh at that picture! I was just barely out of anesthesia and I was feeling NO pain and VERY happy! :lol: And you bet I'm going to count the knee scooter! And the crutches or peg leg crutch (loving it!!!) if I go outside to get the mail or anywhere else! I only have 0.5 more miles I need to go to make goal, so it should be easily doable by the end of the month. lol I'm feeling pretty good today and it's sunny and I want to get outside so maybe this evening when my Sweetie and her friends get done fitting my daughter's wedding dress for next month. Might even use the waterproof cast cover and go float in the swimming pool. I'll either need to lean on one or two people to hobble down the stairs, or if the battery is charged up, I can use the electric-assist chair.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend! If I'm not mistaken, @Janet should be on her way to Alaska any time now! I was supposed to leave on Wednesday. I know she usually updates over the weekend, but I've been pretty in & out during this week and she covered for me quite a bit. :smile: THANKS, @JANET!!!

Dave

...and for fun, I just had to doctor up this photo a little... :grin:

58n0xewvdl45.jpg
    mjzoclzlc3se.jpg
  • Lovemyalex
    Options
    8/14
    16.51 miles
    268.76 miles MTD
  • JTH11706
    Options
    Dave - the photos are hilarious! So good to see you haven't lost your sense of humor. I'm sure that makes things heal faster.

I'm not leaving until Friday so I can update this week if you want. But after that you're on your own until Monday of Labor Day Weekend!

I'm at 21/30. Just need 9 miles before I go.
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    15 Aug 6.47km run
    2.04km cycle

MTD 99.53/180km

@Dave love the photos!!
  • sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Not a good week new ttd 25 miles
  • kar328
    Options
    Great photos @Dave.

5 miles this morning. Decided to stop waiting until afternoon when it's freakin' hot. Still hot but bearable. Good timing since it's now thundering and storming like crazy this afternoon.

exercise.png
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,315 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

*NEW LINK*

Glad you enjoyed the photos!! :grin: I don't really know now not to be silly...as today's collection of photos will clearly show. I always say that's why Jen agreed to go on the first date with me even though I was a few years above her age range she posted in her personal ad on Craig's List...I don't act my age at all. She'd say "Yeah, probably more like a 13 year old." :lol: Hey, life is too dang short not to try to create some fun, joy, and laughter every day! I spend enough time having to try to focus and be (semi) serious at work lol, but when I play...game on!

@JANET - I'm still having trouble being consistent and getting in here to update every day and it's not because I don't have time, it's just that my daily routine has really been shaken up and I hardly can hardly get anything done. So before you leave this Friday and you happen to come in here before me and I haven't updated, feel free to go for it. And then while you're gone, hopefully I'll be a little more consistent by then.....but if I'm not, dear friends, just be patient and I will get to it the next day. :blush::+1:

@KAREN - What sort of temps are you getting there? Good thing you got it done first thing before the storms hit! I vividly remember that weather when I was stationed in Beaufort and we would switch to morning PT (Physical Training) each summer. It would still feel pretty warm and you could slice the humidity in the air with a knife, but at least the sun wasn't blazing down too. Couldn't wait to get back to Minnesota where we usually only get a few weeks of that each year. This year has been worse than normal. I think I saw somewhere our hottest July on record and I believe it. August hasn't been all that much better, but one or two more weeks and it should break.

@SUSSEXBYTHESEA - Hey, you got back in the "green!" :smiley: :+:

Hope everyone is doing well and nobody else got hurt this weekend!!

Dave

6xsaiqizegae.jpeg
    vwfi71l0twbe.jpeg
    u8mfqkrea176.jpeg
  • JTH11706
    Options
    Dave - where's your cape???
  • Lovemyalex
    Options
    8/15
    14.11 miles
    282.87 miles MTD
  • kar328
    Options

@KAREN - What sort of temps are you getting there? Good thing you got it done first thing before the storms hit! I vividly remember that weather when I was stationed in Beaufort and we would switch to morning PT (Physical Training) each summer. It would still feel pretty warm and you could slice the humidity in the air with a knife, but at least the sun wasn't blazing down too. Couldn't wait to get back to Minnesota where we usually only get a few weeks of that each year. This year has been worse than normal. I think I saw somewhere our hottest July on record and I believe it. August hasn't been all that much better, but one or two more weeks and it should break.

It's been hitting close to 100 or over most days. The humidity in the morning when I go to the gym is stifling. Then went the sun comes out it gets uncomfortably hot. It was in the 80s when I walked today but by the end of it, the front of my shirt was soaked.

More great pictures. I do think you need one of those old red horns we had on our bicycles.

• clepant
    Options
    @Dave: I love your humor! You are definitely making lemonade out of lemons! Hope you are feeling better.
    Aug 15: 5 miles of walking
    TTD: 94 miles

exercise.png

• micheleg1965
    micheleg1965 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    8/12- walked 2.83 miles
    8/13- walked. 46 miles
    8/14- walked 1.36 miles & rode 5 miles on stationary bike
    8/15- walked 3.37 miles
    56.57/75 total miles
    exercise.png