August 15

Options
13»

Replies

• DebyS137
    DebyS137 Posts: 4,451 Member
    Options

~ ~ 8/15/2021~ ~ ~

Exercise for at least 20 minutes .................................... ✅ ... 150 + min.
    Stay within my calorie budget for the day ...................... ✅ ... I am
    Keep track of everything I ate and drank ....................... ✅ .... I did

STEPS.......... 20,700+ ........ 120 m Walking (3=40min).... 30 m house cleaning .....

Documenting My CONSISTANCY = For personal ACCOUNTABILITY
    (if there is a P=instead of number its a Pass Day)

1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-15
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,056 Member
    Options
    Catching up on posts. @mshawski - omg the story of your son just warmed my heart. It doesn’t get any sweeter than that. And @seilidhe - congrats on the new shoes - how nice of your daughter to do that for you.

I’m writing this on Monday morning so technically a day late. Weekend event went great. I manage a general aviation airport. We had vintage planes, antique cars, crafters, universities, flight schools, pancake breakfast, food trucks, raffle for an airplane, and rides in a B-25. The pancake breakfast alone had around 1,000 people. I had lots of happy volunteers, all my staff helped, and the only complaint I had was from a very cranky hangar owner who was mad that cars were parked too close to her hangar, so that was an easy fix. We had a beer and pizza party to celebrate at the end of the day. I tracked my food Saturday and counted all my steps as my exercise. But Sunday I didn’t even track not because it was hopeless or I went crazy, just because it would have been complicated and I decided to not worry about it. I slept all night last night for the first time in weeks. So it was definitely a success and now I can retire.

My NSV - on Sunday late afternoon I needed something to eat but just wanted something lite, not a meal. I looked over our snack selections, decided to pass on the chips, cookies, crackers, etc and chose an apple! The apple honestly was more appealing than anything else. And I totally attribute that to my newfound focus on freggies.

Pass days: 2/3

Thanks for the update @biketheworld — sounds like it was a spectacular event and all your hard work and planning brought a lot of joy to many! 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,975 Member
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    ☑️✔️✅
    ❤️Sleep

NSV: I am effectively eliminating worry, negative self talk, and discomfort with my affirmation.

This is huge.

That is beyond huge. That is part peak of self-actualization so kudos for continuing to climb the mountain (this is a Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs reference but I'll spare you the pyramid pic lol)

Thank you @MaltedTea very much. Yes, I’m a Maslow fan, too!

It’s been a real “game changer for me.” Ie Letting go of all I might wish wells different”

Thank you for your support!!! YT ou are very inspiring 😘
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,975 Member
    Options
    KCJen wrote: »
    pass day #4 which makes me disqualified, but I will continue to post daily to develop my posting habit

I remember a quote @Mrs_Hoffer posted previously that said "you can't manage properly what you don't measure".

I am starting at the very beginning again. I need to develop the simple habit of tracking more consistently. Over the weekend, I didn't track, which kinda proves my point that I need to get back to the basics. :smile:

Good for you @KCJen - I periodically have to tighten up On this too!

#You’ve got this!
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,282 Member
    Options
    August 15, 2021

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Kitchen Closed? Yes
    Going "nuts" with nuts today? No (13 days-free )
    (I go "nuts" with nuts most times, trying to continue a good habit this month. Counting the number of "nuts" free days.) I am still learning a lot about myself in this area!

Lots of freggies today? Yes

Pass day 2/3 (this is for accountability to myself and my records).

Thank you all for all the motivating NSVs.
    My NSV this month is going for a weekend trip and just enjoying it without spoiling it with too much food. Just having fun.
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 2,992 Member
    Options
    August 15th!
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes

Like @donna25trinity I am going to say my NSV this month has been keeping some "dangerous" foods in the house and managing to portion them out without going into binge mode or ending up throwing them away. One thing I have found in maintenance is that every once in a while you need to take a step back and remember to savor your food and not just gobble it down. LOL.. Being happy with smaller portions of tasty food and not letting the enjoyment lag because you are not savoring.

Have a great Sunday all!

Keeping fun foods in the house is not easy! Well done 4 resisting temptation!
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    @znaoiec Increasing your workout goal on your Apple watch in order to challenge yourself again = AWESOME!! :)

@stella7x7 I hate when that happens.... but I hope that you had a nice time, and that your grandson had a wonderful birthday party!! ;)
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 2,992 Member
    Options
    KCJen wrote: »
    pass day #4 which makes me disqualified, but I will continue to post daily to develop my posting habit

I remember a quote @Mrs_Hoffer posted previously that said "you can't manage properly what you don't measure".

I am starting at the very beginning again. I need to develop the simple habit of tracking more consistently. Over the weekend, I didn't track, which kinda proves my point that I need to get back to the basics. :smile:

Ur plan is a well thought out one, going back to the basics can much such a difference. Good luck with it im sure u will ace it!!
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,219 Member
    Options
    AUGUST 15

Exercised: Yes - yoga
    Calories: Yes
    Tracked: Yes

0/3 Pass Days Used
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options