August 18

Options

Replies

• MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,007 Member
    Options
    @bradkcrew
    My PT said planks are the way to go. I find them very effective.There is a planks group challenge that is inspiring.
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,563 Member
    Options
    @TwistedSassette

Did deep you will find your willpower it just got temporarily misplaced! We have all been there don’t throw in the towel yet you still have time to re focus 12 days if my math is correct! You got this

• biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,244 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Yes to all 3

Pass days: 2/3

Freggie report:

Week of July 18 avg 4.42/day
    Week of July 25 avg 3.42
    Week of August 1 avg 4.57
    Week of August 8: avg 4.57

Sunday: 2
    Monday: 5
    Tuesday: 5
    Wednesday: 5
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Awesome job staying on track on a special day @_JeffreyD_ You're doing terrific this month! Oh, and Happy Anniversary! :)
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,244 Member
    Options

Today was rough. I had the first shingles vaccine yesterday and I felt pretty bad today. Sore muscles, aches & pains, fatigue and a headache. Consequently, I only managed 20 mins on the treadmill and even had to slow it down because I was having pain in my ankle area which isn't typical at all. Since I didn't feel up to doing other exercise and still needed 15 mins for my apple ring I did some light stretching instead. I spent a good portion of the day in bed watching movies because I didn't feel like doing anything else. I'm feeling a little better this evening so hopefully I can go my full 35+ minutes on the treadmill tomorrow.

I had shingles on my face and in my eye a couple years ago. It was the worst thing I’ve ever experienced. I still have numbness/pain in an eyebrow. So even though you had a reaction to the vaccine, it’s far better than getting shingles. Hope you recover quickly.

This is not turning out to be the month I wanted it to be! But I will keep plugging away and hope to finish the month stronger!

“Keep plugging away” is absolutely the secret to success. Transformation happens when you keep coming back when it gets tough. You’ll have better months, just stick with it.
  • readyornot1234
    readyornot1234 Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I just pop/wake up around 5:30-6:00am whether I want to or not. I tried really hard to start my mornings with a walk around 8 or 9:00 am but I was miserable. I am not a morning person. I like to be left alone and drink my coffee and do about 2-3 hours of work. Then I work out. Then finish up work.

@_JeffreyD_ - Happy Anniversary!!

Wednesday, August 18

Tracking: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: Yes - Yes, full body warm up 10 min, core 10 min, lift upper body 20 min, arms and light weights 10 min, stretching, cycle 30 min, cool down ride, post ride stretch

Pass days to date - 4
  • clutterqueen
    clutterqueen Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    @LazyBlondeChef I’m so impressed you got in 20 minutes on the treadmill after suffering the nasty side effects of the shingles vaccine! I agree with @biketheworld that it’s better to suffer the side effects of the vaccine for a day than to battle shingles!

@TwistedSassette I am not having the August I planned either! I ate thru so much stress with my Mom but I think I’ve got a handle on things again! At least I hope I do!😉
    I agree with @Mrs_Hoffer that the key to success is never giving up! We can do this!
  • clutterqueen
    clutterqueen Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    @_JeffreyD_ Happy anniversary!🎉
    Great job earning those ✅’s on a celebration day! Very impressive!
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,799 Member
    Options
    ✔️✔️✔️for all.
  • znaoiec
    znaoiec Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes and yes
    Walking, mini weight and stretching workout including push-ups!

I really enjoyed reading through everyone's responses and the varied ways that people start their day. I would have to agree with @SummerSkier that coffee is critical!

@Healthymumlife Thank you for sharing your beach walk with us. It looks so beautiful where you walk. What a way to start the day!

@bradkcrew For what it is worth, I have been working on doing modified push-ups on my knees and not very many. The goal is to build up strength slowly. I broke my shoulder several years ago and it took a long time to heal. It is still not fully functional and never will be according to my doctor. My upper body is so weak especially on that side. I have also found my knees don't like the pressure of push-ups either so I purchased a pad for them. The joys of aging! :)