August 21

Options

Replies

• jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,054 Member
    Options
    Mrs_Hoffer wrote: »
    I forgot to mention in my post above that today I dropped out of the "overweight" category and into the "normal" weight category for the first time in almost 40 years!! :smile:

Congratulations @Mrs_Hoffer — what a wonderful accomplishment!!! I am so inspired! 🌟🌟🌟
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,054 Member
    Options
    August 21

Back on track and in a clearer mindset today.

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? - Yes! Had a great long walk outdoors heading to the vet clinic to meet my husband and puppy (confirmed kennel cough). It is spreading through town at an unprecedented pace and we do take him to the off leash park where he loves to play with others. Medication on board and his cough is a already much less tonight. He should improve quickly.

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? - Yes, under.

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? - Yes!

I take milk in my tea too @mshawski and @donna25trinity ☕️🫖🥛 And like everyone else, I have accounted for it every day (I pre-track it and my vitamins/minerals/supplements).
  • seilidhe
    seilidhe Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    8/21/2021

Exercise at least 20 minutes? YES!!!! For the first time in what feels like forever, I was able to get out and do something.
    inrfu28uhkt3.jpg

My party runners got me through week 1, day 2 of C25k twice, with a little extra to round up to 4 miles in just over an hour I wasn't fast, but it felt good to run. Sadly, though, I had a bit of heel slippage and thus developed a small blister. Need to re-google/youtube how to do the lock lacing because I think it's something "fancier" then just using the extra lace hole in the shoes. At least, that's how it sounded when I listened to a discussion about it a couple of years ago. Two of the runners suggested Balega socks, which I will check out. Another suggested that the unusual humidity here is at least a partial culprit and she said that a generous amount of aquaphor on her blister hotspots has helped.

When I got home, I put the leash on Sienna and took her out on the Loop. We ran into a neighbor and his pitbull/mastiff mix, Chimichanga. Sienna and Chimi tolerate each other, not terribly excited one way or the other about being near each other, although Sienna likes Michael and Chimi came to me for a few scritches. We walked with them and it turned into just over 3 miles. The dogs were well behaved and I had a nice walk with a cute young man. Younger than I thought, actually, but, well, I may be old, but I can still enjoy the scenery, right? ;)

So... I did 7.3 miles in just over 2.5 hours. The heel pain, unfortunately, was there, so we've dug out my daughter's night splint for plantar fasciitis. I'll use it and see what happens. I may have to replace the insoles in the party runners with a plantar fasciitis insole.

Tomorrow I ride. :)

Did I track everything? I think I got everything, so I'm going to give this a yes.

Did I stay within calories? Well, no. It's really sad how many calories are in a cheeseburger and fries. I might have done it if I'd not had the bun... or the fries. But.... I am weak.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,133 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes, a 24 minute walk and then a second 43 minute walk
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? no I didn't, at my brother's birthday at a Brazilian bbq place - definitely went over
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes, as best I could but it was a lot of estimating

Pass day used - 2/3 (Aug 16, Aug 22)
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    Yes to all 3

Pass days: 2/3

Freggie report:

Week of July 18 avg 4.42/day
    Week of July 25 avg 3.42
    Week of August 1 avg 4.57
    Week of August 8: avg 4.57

Sunday: 2
    Monday: 5
    Tuesday: 5
    Wednesday: 5
    Thursday: 6
    Friday: 6
    Saturday: 4
  • _JeffreyD_
    _JeffreyD_ Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    ✅✅✅ but a salty diet.
  • DebyS137
    DebyS137 Posts: 4,457 Member
    Options

~ ~ ~ 8/21/2021~ ~ ~

Exercise for at least 20 minutes .................................... ✅ ... 165 + min.
    Stay within my calorie budget for the day ...................... ✅ ... I am
    Keep track of everything I ate and drank ....................... ✅ .... I did

STEPS.......... 25,600+ ........ 135 m Walking .... 30 m house cleaning .....

Documenting My CONSISTANCY = For personal ACCOUNTABILITY
    (if there is a P=instead of number its a Pass Day)

1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-15-16-17-18-19-20-21
  • seilidhe
    seilidhe Posts: 1,042 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    @biketheworld said:

@seilidhe - awesome shoes for an awesome person. Also, you said you were under calories. Everyone has a different theory on this, but my opinion is that if you walked/ran that kind of distance, you should eat back some of those calories. You need to fuel your body.

Did I give the impression that I was *under* my calories goal? If so, oh no... I have not been under my MFP calorie "limit" in weeks, probably months. 😖🙄 I'm usually 500 or more calories above what MFP says I should be at. Like yesterday, I think I was 350 above and that was with the exercise calories. If I hadn't done the exercise yesterday, I'd have been somewhere around 1000 calories over. (MFP says I should be eating no more than 1247 calories to meet my weight loss goal, which I think I set at 1 lb per week with limited activity. It's been rare, lately, that I eat below 1500 and I'm maintaining my weight for the most part.)

@Mrs_Hoffer, I meant to say this last night... congratulations on reaching "normal" weight! That is a wonderful accomplishment!!!!