New to the Group

ISparkyI
ISparkyI Posts: 158 Member
Morning all

I am 43 from Queesnland Australia, my weight has been up and down my whole adult life. I am currently the heaviest I have ever been at 152 kgs (335 pounds). I am 5'11.

I go in for my Gastric Sleeve surgery on the 02nd of September. Been reading through this group and feeling very positive. This is my first time I have ever had any kind of surgery, and am nervous, excited and anxious all at the same time. Began my pre-op diet yesterday so definitely going to be a tough and exciting road ahead.

Just wanted to say thanks, to those that have also shared their stories, as new people like myself can appreciate and learn what is coming up.

Also looking for others to add me as a friend, who have been through this before, or about to have surgery done, so I can get some hints, tips and advice along the way.

Cheers

Shaun

Replies

• HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    How exciting! Hope all goes well, even with all the ups and downs it is for sure worth it
  • ISparkyI
    Thanks so much, I think the toughest part is going to be the losing weight prior to the surgery. But fingers crossed I don't slip up.
  • azalea4175
    azalea4175 Posts: 290 Member
    ISparkyI wrote: »

keep us posted on your progress! i have my presurgery consult on the 6th and have all of the same feelings.
  • ISparkyI
    Definitely much better today, a couple of slip ups, and they're not really major, just having rice with my vegetables, that kinda thing. I am on track now, really want to make sure there are no complications with the surgery in September.

What's helping so far, drinking my water! I force myself to do it after work before dinner time, getting 2 litres of water in a day and then some seems to be filling me up faster.
  • TinaShrinks
    TinaShrinks Posts: 19 Member
    Going for sleeve to bypass revision on Sept 28th. Welcome and good luck!
  • elleykat
    elleykat Posts: 75 Member
    ISparkyI wrote: »
    Morning all

I am 43 from Queesnland Australia, my weight has been up and down my whole adult life. I am currently the heaviest I have ever been at 152 kgs (335 pounds). I am 5'11.

I go in for my Gastric Sleeve surgery on the 02nd of September. Been reading through this group and feeling very positive. This is my first time I have ever had any kind of surgery, and am nervous, excited and anxious all at the same time. Began my pre-op diet yesterday so definitely going to be a tough and exciting road ahead.

Just wanted to say thanks, to those that have also shared their stories, as new people like myself can appreciate and learn what is coming up.

Also looking for others to add me as a friend, who have been through this before, or about to have surgery done, so I can get some hints, tips and advice along the way.

Cheers

Shaun

You're almost there!! How are you doing Shaun?