August 28

Options

Replies

• donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,005 Member
    Options
    Pass day 2 πŸ˜‚ We were out on the water for most of the day. Exercise was fine but when I tracked my food I was over goal.

z9iyvk1lobk7.jpg

1️⃣ Pass Day left.

Much kudos for 3 x yes:
    @SummerSkier
    @lesdarts180 <> have a great time with the family
    @Mrs_Hoffer <> You fit so much into your day

@biketheworld <> What a lovely surprise and congratulations on your retirement.

Great pic
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,287 Member
    Options
    I had one remarkable day yesterday. I knew they were throwing a retirement lunch for me, but I had no idea what all was involved. I thought it was just open house lunch, I’d be saying hi and goodbye and that would be pretty much all. Well, there were decorations, a cake, cards, gifts, and then a big presentation with the board president saying all kinds of nice things followed by the mayor reading a declaration naming the day in my honor. I was stunned, flattered, it made me laugh because it was so over the top, and it was one heckuva way to go out. I’m being retained as an β€œadvisor” for the next year to help in the transition so it was nice to say β€œthis isn’t goodbye, I’ll still be around.” Then to top it off, we threw a party for our FAA medical examiner after work who is also retiring. More food, alcohol, talking, laughing, it was 9:30 before I got home. What a day.

That said, I probably was fine with calories, and I got my exercise in before work, but I gave up trying to log every BLT and am calling it a pass day. So…. That’s #3 for me. I can make it to the end of the month and make the winners circle.

Congratulations!
  • JTreasures
    JTreasures Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    @biketheworld Congratulations!

Yes x 3
  • lesdarts180
    lesdarts180 Posts: 2,726 Member
    Options
    Congratulations @bradkcrew !
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,799 Member
    Options
    Exercise: :):DB) So...THE 10K WENT DOWN TODAY!!!!

Tracking: :)

Calories: :)

@bradkcrew exceptional run! I hope that your knee is well. I tore my meniscus snow skiing years and years ago and never thought I would be able to do more than 2 miles or 20 minutes of running. Then one day I just could. I think the couch to 5K program taught me that it was OK to walk AND run and it wasn't cheating. LOL.
  • bradkcrew
    bradkcrew Posts: 1,517 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    @summerskier

@bradkcrew exceptional run! I hope that your knee is well. I tore my meniscus snow skiing years and years ago and never thought I would be able to do more than 2 miles or 20 minutes of running. Then one day I just could. I think the couch to 5K program taught me that it was OK to walk AND run and it wasn't cheating. LOL.

@SummerSkier Thanks! In general, I don't have the couch to 5K mentality, and maybe that's a problem I need to work on. With the 15k race six weeks from today, sure, barring a serious injury I can get through it with a run/walk combo under the time limit. Many runners will be doing that, but for me I have to run every step nonstop or I will feel like I failed.

@lesdarts180 @TerriRichardson112 Thanks!
  • znaoiec
    znaoiec Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes and yes
    13.5 mile training walk. Felt decent and went shopping later but was tired later.
    I am slowing getting back in shape which feels positive.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,799 Member
    Options
    @SummerSkier Thanks! In general, I don't have the couch to 5K mentality, and maybe that's a problem I need to work on. With the 15k race six weeks from today, sure, barring a serious injury I can get through it with a run/walk combo under the time limit. Many runners will be doing that, but for me I have to run every step nonstop or I will feel like I failed.

April, good luck. I am sure you will have a wonderful race. Looking forward to all your updates!

• Anya_000
    Anya_000 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3