September 9

Mrs_Hoffer
Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 2,989 Member
    Weigh In About Weighing In

i-choose-my-weight-314331.jpg

We're all here with various goals, using different approaches, and measuring progress against our own metrics. But if there is one thing outside of the 3 daily goals which I suspect everyone here in UAC shares, it's tracking our weight. If not, let us know about it!

So, how do YOU like to weigh in? Share any details or insights you wish. If you hate the scale and want to see me burst into flames for even bringing it up, my apologies, just skip the topic, or let us know about it if it helps. I won't take it personally, I promise. I certainly did not mean to offend!

I currently weigh myself each morning just after waking. I record a new weight any time it is a new low number which I have not already recorded recently.

I expect some fluctuations from day to day. Typically I drop some weight one or two mornings, then go back up about a pound or two over the next couple days and then trend back down to a new low.

All assuming I have continued my daily eating and exercise to plans, of course. So far I have been pretty consistent and maintained a downward trend, a pattern I am extremely grateful for.

Love how sweet and considerate u are @mrs_hoffer. Bless!! Congrats on a downward trend, he hard work is paying off!xo
  • donna25trinity
    Mrs_Hoffer wrote: »

@donna25trinity I'd love to take the credit, but I want to point out that it was @WhatMeRunning that made today's post and was so sweet, considerate and thoughtful about it!
    THANK YOU so much Chris for all that you do for this group! I appreciate YOU!!! :heart:

Yep very sweet! Thanks @WhatMeRunning great topic! Xo
  • donna25trinity
    Mrs_Hoffer wrote: »
    I am another one that weighs myself every single day. We went to Arkansas last week for a long 5-day weekend, and I seriously thought about bringing my scale!! Lol. I must say that I actually MISSED stepping on the scale first thing every morning! Lol.

I use the Libra app (for android - which is similar to the happy scale app for iPhone) and log my weight in there every single morning. It shows the downward "trend" and I pay attention to that much moreso than the daily number on the scale. Like Chris, I know that it's going to "bounce" up a little bit after a new record low and then it ticks down again... Also like Chris, I record a new weight on MFP any time it is a new low number which I have not already recently recorded.

I was most fascinated to learn recently how our bodies actually dispose of the fat deposits! We all probably already know that it does this through a series of complicated metabolic pathways:

The byproducts of fat metabolism leave your body:

As water, through your skin (when you sweat) and your kidneys (when you urinate).
    And as carbon dioxide, through your lungs (when you breathe out).

So go ahead and take those big, deep, long breaths throughout the day!!!! You could very well be breathing OUT your excess fat!!!!! ;)

Ha ha so interesting I did not know this. Xo
  • donna25trinity
    Just downloaded the libra app. Couldn't find the happy scale app. Thanks guys, wasn't aware of them!