September 12

Options
Mrs_Hoffer
Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,975 Member
    Options
    Keeping calories where I want them is definitely the hardest for me.
  • oh_jackie
    oh_jackie Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    SEP 12
    Exercise ✅ [2:25 h walk]
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    12 Sept

✅✅✅ Today's exercise was my 11-mile #icecreamwalk !! They were out of my Rebel brand, but I was able to find another keto brand (Halo Top) that was actually half the calories of my Rebel!

Pass Days Used: 1/3 (10Sep)

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes (easiest rule)
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes (hardest rule)
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes

I'm like SummerSkier in that my pass days are usually around rule #2.

@jamcnewman your Beauregard is adorable! Thanks for sharing your pictures!
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,534 Member
    Options
    @jamcnewman

Your pup is adorable!!! My cattle dog does just as yours….he took over the sofa! Enjoy
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,534 Member
    Options
    My biggest problem when I started the UAC was staying under my calorie count, it has taken me some time to make adjustments that allow me to usually stay under, I am human after all like everyone else and have not so good days. But being consistent and weighing out by scale or measuring cup and spoons has made life so much easier. Our family does not eat out very often as no one really likes fast food or restaurant foods, home is so much better and I control what goes into my food. So this is not a concern, when I am in the office I always pack my lunch and do my very best to steer clear of extras that others bring in. It has been difficult at first but don’t give up every habit takes time to develop and make work.

Today I tracked logged and stayed under, I even did some meditation this morning it was relaxing for a Sunday. Later this afternoon a nice brisk 3.1 mph walk fought a good headwind coming home but it was warm. Then sat in the backyard wit hubby and the golden.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,066 Member
    Options
    ✅ - Exercise 20+ Minutes (Fitbit said 89 minutes)
    ✅ - Calories within budget (only just under maintenance calories)
    ✅ - Tracked everything

3️⃣ Pass Days Remaining

Since I've been in maintenance I don't often take pass days. When I do, they are usually because of family celebration when I have chosen not to stay within calories.

Today I was planning a pass day because the family were celebrating DH's 75th birthday, but when I tracked, I discovered that I was still in the green. Probably because I had a light breakfast, and wasn't hungry tonight, so didn't eat a big Sunday dinner.
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    I don't think my honest reply to the topic reflects reality, strangely enough. Since finding UAC in May, all of my pass days were days I could not get exercise in (one of those I did not track either but was pretty sure I would have been within calories). So while it would appear my answer is clearly "exercise", I feel the more appropriate answer given my history prior to this year, and also the most likely challenging one in future maintenance will be staying within calories. This "phase" where calories and tracking seem easier is just a phase, with a lot of credit to being keto and so overweight. I can eat keto to satiety and lose quite easily...for now. At some point (perhaps already starting based on some recent hungry feelings) I will not remain satisfied at my current calorie deficit.