What's On Your Mind Today?

Options

Replies

• Caroline_slowandsteady
    Options
    @snowshoe072 I really like grilled tempeh or fried on a nonstick pan with just a little oil, get it a little crusty. Another tip is that with tempeh and tofu, you can cook it and then immediately pour the "marinade" on top, instead of marinating first. That lets it get crispy when cooking and the marinade actually soaks in better when it's hot. For marinades I like an Asian kind of sauce, BBQ sauce, vinegar. I also when I could do spicy things enjoyed a cajun jerk tempeh.
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,532 Member
    Options
    @Caroline_slowandsteady

Thanks for the tips I would assume extra virgin olive oil or do you use something different?
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    @Higa2021 I'm so glad to see that you're still here and that you're taking things slow and easy. I'm also glad that they were able to get everything and that you won't need more treatment. I know you're not competing in the challenge this month, but please feel free to chime in on any of the daily topics if/when you feel so inclined. I've missed hearing from you!! :)
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,786 Member
    Options
    @Higa2021 SO GREAT to hear from you!!! Thank you for checking in and glad they were able to get clear margins and do the surgery so quickly.... heal well my friend.
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,049 Member
    Options
    @Higa2021 So wonderful to see your post and know how you are doing. 💛 Thankful they could remove it all so quickly and with no need for further treatment. Heal well and I look forward to seeing your posts whenever you are ready. Take good care of yourself. Julie
  • Caroline_slowandsteady
    Options
    @snowshoe072 olive oil is probably fine but I have read it's better to use canola for cooking because olive oil has a low smoke point, so that is mostly what I use.
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    Just a note. Wear flats to help with your shin splints.
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,049 Member
    Options
    Just a note. Wear flats to help with your shin splints.

Thanks!
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    @cherie8525 congratulations! this is SO huge. I am so happy for you to reach a goal you felt unattainable.. I suggest you start your focus on maintenance and gradually increase your cals. You will still continue to drop but you will have more energy and will find working out (to gain that muscle) is more satisfying and easy. Plus your goal is to StAY there. LOL.
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    @cherie8525 CONGRATS! Yes, this is huge!!! I know you have to feel amazing about reaching this seemingly unattainable goal! And I agree wholeheartedly with SummerSkier in regard to her suggestions! YOU GO GURL!!!! 💪🏼🎯🏆
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Congrats on that well earned milestone @cherie8525
  • cherie8525
    cherie8525 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    @SummerSkier I haven't been super attentive to macro's.. just the carbs. I have been listening to my body, if wants food, I feed it.. I am not sure how things will change once I start actual lifting of weight and hiking more to build muscle mass. I am excited to find out..
    Mrs_Hoffer I am still riding the high of excitement.

Thank you everyone for encouragement and congratulations
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,532 Member
    Options
    Awesome work well done such a nice feeling to reach a goal keep up the good work and don’t get discouraged.You did it once you can keep doing it
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    (copied from my wall)
    After a lot of consideration, I'm switching to maintenance calories through the end of October. It's not that I want to eat more, it's that I have been rapidly losing for 6 months now and could probably use a break from a deficit. But mostly it's to see what my baseline calorie level for maintenance is, which should be easy by comparing the scale to my intake while eating at a maintenance level. At least that's what I'm thinking. If anyone thinks this is a bad idea, let me know so I have that info to think about.
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    Try inputting your data into a TDEE tracker. If your workouts are consistent this will give you a good idea of where maintenance might be,
    Then bump up your cals by 1/3 of what you think is the deficit each week for 3 weeks. Then stick to the total for a month. Maintenance is never just one static # unfortunately and the scale/ CICO does not always react exactly to formulas as we expect.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7gGXXQIy4R4ejRRNkZHZHFDOW8/view
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,972 Member
    Options
    Thank you @SummerSkier and @MadisonMolly2017 for your inputs today, both here and on my wall.

Thanks to your advice I combined a calculated TDEE for myself based on each days weigh-in since June, against exported MFP's records for nutrition and exercise over that same time to get a spiffy spreadsheet showing my daily data, results and projections since June. Things are a lot more on track there than they appeared just going by the MFP dashboard and the scale. And I can see that the TDEE calculation is pretty much right on the mark as projected weight loss based on actual numbers has matched reality with fairly small variations either way from time to time. So I am no longer just "wondering" what my actual maintenance calories might look like any more, a very accurate number is right there in front of me now (2,379 for today).

So...I guess I won't be switching to maintenance after all!

Now if only I knew to do all this BEFOREHAND... lol... learning.

@WhatMeRunning
    That’s what we’re here for - so glad it helped!
    Yay!