Downsizers - Team Chat SEPTEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• jayenguk
    jayenguk Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    good morning everyone...i had the most amazing day yesterday - my friend joined the gym with me and we biked and generally chatted about stuff was really nice to have a gym buddy. I also tried the cross trainer and I love it, so thats on my to do list at the gym from now on. I am defo over my funk and back into it full swing and yasss baby i feel good. Have a great day all
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    54pmvt9nmuy6.jpg
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    jayenguk wrote: »
    good morning everyone...i had the most amazing day yesterday - my friend joined the gym with me and we biked and generally chatted about stuff was really nice to have a gym buddy. I also tried the cross trainer and I love it, so thats on my to do list at the gym from now on. I am defo over my funk and back into it full swing and yasss baby i feel good. Have a great day all

Gym buddies are amazing... It makes doing the work fun in a lot of ways. Great news! :)

• Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Thursday!!! 😛

Um wasn't feeling like getting out of bed this morning. My quads still hurt to the touch, heck I even feel my lower posterior chain running all the way from my butt cheeks through my hamstrings and down into my calf's. And it's Leg day tomorrow. 😬

So, I decided this morning will be a light cardio day with no hard impacts on the knee's... It was Lynn's turn on the Elliptical, so I took to the Community Circle. No slogging or jogging. Just a fairly fast pace walk and that was it. 7 laps, or 1.5 miles. Don't have to be fancy every day! 😋

I'm hoping I'll feel fresh for tomorrow night. And yes, tomorrow morning is a scheduled morning off. YEeeeAAAHHHH! 😆😀👍

Peace!!! 🤗🤗🤗

9cujpxcoc320.png
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Steps 16,394
    Calories tracked ✅

Down another 1.2 from yesterday after just 3 days of dialing in my calories.

Getting back to the weight I was hovering will help with my confident meeting people at the new job on zoom and in person in October. Then I can working on losing again with developing a new routine.

Yesterday I walked with a friend and did day 2 of week 9 of control freak. 3 more days to go until I Finnish the program.
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 @Megan_smartiepants1970

I'm sorry, I need to be excused from steps and weigh in for the week. I'm drowning in everything I have going on right now and I need a break somewhere. I'm hoping a little diet break will also help me refocus and then get to goal in October. I've been so close for so long.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,081 Member
    Options
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018 @Megan_smartiepants1970

I'm sorry, I need to be excused from steps and weigh in for the week. I'm drowning in everything I have going on right now and I need a break somewhere. I'm hoping a little diet break will also help me refocus and then get to goal in October. I've been so close for so long.

No problem I will excuse you from both :) I hope the break helps :)
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Good afternoon. Busy morning so this is even later than normal.

Check in for 9/15:
    Steps - 4840. Lots of shopping but a lot of pushing the carts. I have to remember not to do that. old habit from when I was super fat.
    Calories - 1626. Ate light all day so i could be safe with frozen custard. 390 cal.
    Exercise - shopping. Pulse still hit 130 due to hypotension.

Picked up my new shoes today. Not the width i want but at least they are walking shoes and not cross country runners. I didn't want to wait for a couple weeks to order the best ones.
  • Bluetail6
    Options
    Daily Check-in (9/15 stats):

Steps: 10,130
    Floors: 16
    Calories Burned: 603
    Daily Intensity Minutes: 167
    Total Intensity Minutes: 699/150
    Early W/O: Yes
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,487 Member
    Options
    Heading back to Ontario tomorrow. Looking so forward to getting back to normal eating and swimming. I ordered a renpho scale today. I figured if there is a difference between that and my existing scale now would be a good time to switch. I know I have gained a little but all I can say is Newfoundland food is hard to resist.
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    I have been in the emergency room of my transplant hospital for 8 1/2 hours so far. Have had x-rays, ultrasounds, bloodwork and a consult with a doctor. Am currently awaiting iv antibiotics then will be admitted to transplant floor. Dr says in his experience with patients like me that once the infection enters the bone, amputation is the only real option. Not what wanted to hear but he said with partial prosthetics and special shoes that I will be able to walk and do some weightlifting plus care for myself. Hoping to get some supper since lunch was a bag of almonds and 1/2 a protein bar. Will probably be off the boards for a couple of days as internet is not great here.
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I have been in the emergency room of my transplant hospital for 8 1/2 hours so far. Have had x-rays, ultrasounds, bloodwork and a consult with a doctor. Am currently awaiting iv antibiotics then will be admitted to transplant floor. Dr says in his experience with patients like me that once the infection enters the bone, amputation is the only real option. Not what wanted to hear but he said with partial prosthetics and special shoes that I will be able to walk and do some weightlifting plus care for myself. Hoping to get some supper since lunch was a bag of almonds and 1/2 a protein bar. Will probably be off the boards for a couple of days as internet is not great here.

So sorry you are having to go through this. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

• Bluetail6
    Options

Please, please continue to be optimistic. People with prosthetics can do great things. Whatever it takes to stop the infection, it takes. Sending you prayers and positive thoughts. Hope you are able to get some dinner🧡🧡. Lee
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,081 Member
    Options

So sorry you have to deal with this... You have been thru a lot with a wonderful attitude ... You are in my thoughts and wishing you a speedy recovery ...HUGS <3<3<3
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,487 Member
    Options

I am so sorry for this to be happening. Send lots of positive vibes. You are a very strong lady. Hope they feed you soon.
  • Bluetail6
    Options
    j45nf6l6lxae.jpg
  • Bluetail6
    Options
    eu3u1fibcjqz.jpg
  • rwood566
    Options
    @Beautyofdreams good luck with everything. You have been so positive with it all. I hope you got a room and some food. Maybe call for some pizza in the middle of the night. Take care.
  • rwood566
    Options
    Good evening everyone.
    Check in for 9/16:
    Steps - 5213. Got new shoes today so I will be breaking them in.
    Calories - 1650. Finished the frozen custard. 3 days. Won't buy it again.
    Exercise - gym this morning. 11 machines. Ran out of time so no cardio.
This discussion has been closed.