• Treadmill: 35 mins / 2.16 mi
    • After Dinner Walk: 26 mins / 1.46 mi
    Apple rings closed: 21/30
    Passes used: 2/3 (1sep) (4sep)
  • Caroline_slowandsteady
    Options
    Exercise - 15 minutes MommaStrong video, 30 minutes walking
    Tracking - yes
    Calories - under (though there is one thing I've been eating for the last week that I was estimating calories on, and I have not been losing weight, and I think that is the culprit -inaccurate estimation. Thankfully, I finished it last night so I can be done with that phase).

Pass days 7/3. And I have another one planned for today - taking the day off work for my wife's birthday to spend with her and probably going to eat out for lunch and dinner. I do really need to think about how often celebrations can occur. There's just a lot to celebrate in September!

For exercise:
    @znaoiec , I had a dog who was a great workout buddy for many years, but as she aged she was really an impediment to exercise as she needed walks that took a long time and got nowhere. I did try exercising on the walk, but found that it distracted my dog from what she was supposed to be doing (her business!) and just made the walk take that much longer. I still would do some jumping jacks or whatever every now and then if it was really cold, but mostly used walks for thinking time.

My favorite exercise is walking in the woods. I used to get to do that for work, but it was becoming less frequent and then I switched jobs 2 years ago and now I don't get to do it for work. It's hard to find time in life to do it. My current goal, now that kids are back in school and I am still working at home, is to do that once a week. I have a plan to walk in the woods with my wife for our date day today, but we'll see if we do it with the rain.

I started my current weight loss and exercise efforts in May 2019, right when I switched the job. Since then I have done:

My current exercise routine is MommaStrong videos every workday, right after checking in here. MommaStrong is a great program, focused on getting back the strength you lose with pregnancy. I have actually found, though, that is has helped me with body problems I had long before pregnancy. It has given me functional strength for my daily life - like being able to climb stairs without holding the hand rail and getting on and off the floor. Also has helped decrease the pain I was in. They put out a new video every day, 15 minutes (called the D15) and also have a bunch of special programs.

I also walk 30 minutes a day, at least on the weekdays. On the weekends I make sure I get outside some, but often I don't get to actually walk - standing around at the playground or whatever instead. It's hardly exercise - not a brisk walk even, but it is essential for my mental health. Back when I worked in an office, I had a route I'd take around the office neighborhood. Now that I am working at home, I have a few routes I take around the neighborhood.

It's not really much exercise but it is enough for now and I have been keeping it up for almost 2.5 years!
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,544 Member
    Options
    @jamcnewman

I keep an old pair of hoka just for that and bring my good shoes with me 😊
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    3gye3u2pu47z.jpg

@donna25trinity Huge CONGRATS on making it to your goal weight! Very impressive!! :love:
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 2,993 Member
    Options
    @jamcnewman thanks so much! Xo
  • donna25trinity
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 aww thanks so much I am so lucky to hve found all u guys.. I hve learnt sooo much from everyone. Also thanks Maddie for all the advice over the last 10 month's!! Cldnt hve done it without u girl!! Xo
  • donna25trinity
    Options
    LeeH31 wrote: Β»
    βœ… - Exercise 20+ Minutes
    βœ… - Calories within budget
    βœ… - Tracked everything

Walking, bicycling, and resistance bands workouts are the things I am working with now. I used to enjoy doing Callanetics which is very soothing but deep exercise. As soon as I can I will incorporate it back in to my fitness regime. I cannot keep up with the tempo of most aerobic types of exercise, even fast lifting is too fast for me. I prefer slower, controlled movements done correctly.

@donna25trinity Congrats on reaching goal
    @Anya_000 sorry to hear about your accident. Hope you heal up well.

"I believe that fitness needs to come from within you. You need to respect your body. Only then will you have the zeal to maintain it. For me, keeping fit is a part of my lifestyle." ~ Arjun Rampal

Thanks a bunch!!! Now to the hard part of keeping it off. He he. Xox
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    @Anya_000 I hope you start feeling better soon and your foot injury heals quickly!

Congrats on hitting your goal weight @donna25trinity

@bradkcrew you are indeed a warrior. Not all exercise is fun, particularly while doing it, but most continue because they enjoy the feeling afterwards, or start to feel more alive as they stretch through some soreness. Something small like that which makes it worthwhile and keeps them coming back. If you're not feeling any of that, you might want to look into it in the event of any possible hormone imbalances or something to explain it. Keep going, you have been very impressive!
  • donna25trinity
    Options
    He he love that meme @Mrs_Hoffer! Lol!!Thanks for all ur support over time boss lady! Also learnt a hell of alot from u too..I now stretch daily after seeing that u do stretching/ yoga daily!Bless you my friend. Donna. Xox
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    September 21

UAC goals
    βœ… Exercise 20+ minutes
    βœ… Calories within budget
    βœ… Tracked every detail I consumed
    Pass days used: 0/3

Additional challenges
    ❌ 3+ strength sessions in last 7 days (9/20, 9/15)
    βœ… 17k+ steps (21,484 steps)
    βœ… 7 day avg. 7.5+ walking miles (8.9 miles)
    Additional challenges met: 17/21 days

Today's Activities
    πŸšΆβ€β™‚οΈ 75 min Morning Walk (4.24 miles)
    πŸšΆβ€β™‚οΈ 85 min Afternoon Walk (4.72 miles)
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,559 Member
    Options
    Exercise yes
    Tracking and calories-lol no. I was doing great tracked dinner then brushed my teeth-then did a 60 minute speed walk with my friend and came home starving-and ate junk
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,067 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    @jamcnewman

I keep an old pair of hoka just for that and bring my good shoes with me 😊

Brilliant! Thank you so much for this idea @snowshoe072 β€” but I’ll use a pair of boots! For so many years I have been challenged with issues about which shoes/boots I could wear (fused ankle and prior, a fixed AFO). Now though, I could do this!
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,067 Member
    Options
    September 21

1. Tracked it all βœ…
    2. Kept within calorie limit? βœ…
    3. Moved for 20 minutes or more? βœ… 45 minute walk with my puppy Beauregard

He was out for his grooming and NOW looks more like a poodle again! But, after grooming he is always full of a ridiculous amount of puppy energy! We seem to be back to him walking me β€” and it was exhausting and a true workout. We’ll be working on that for the rest of the week.