September 21

Options
Mrs_Hoffer
Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,069 Member
    Options
    21st sep
    yes x3
    Journal done
    Stretching done
    Hour walk and lots of cleaning done
    Me time done

I promised myself yest that the moment i get to or under my goal weight I wldnt be greedy and just start eating at maintaince calories so I jumped on the scale this morning and I'm back under (after the damage from the w/e lol) so I am officially at maintaince from here on out. Bit scared and nervous but also more relived and excited!

@biiketheworld @whatmerunning and @LazyBlondeChef awesome workout ideas thanks for sharing. I do weights 3x a week and walking everyday it's not raining. I also began stretching almost everyday this month. Working out puts me in such a good mood so I make my self do it. I also clean up all day after my very messy but adorable toddler. He he! I find working out to be much easier than the food side. Xo

Congratulations on reaching your goal weight and officially being on maintenance!!! 🌟🌟🌟

Julie
  • jamcnewman
    edited September 2021
    Options
    q008dsekmjyh.jpeg

I love to exercise. My favorite kinds are “natural” like biking, running, hiking, gardening. For me, those are all fun, they get me outside, and I need little to no incentive to get me going. However, I thoroughly understand and appreciate the need for some kind of exercise program or class, whether that be at a gym, the YMCA, online, etc. My two online favorites are (1) Fitness Blender, and (2) Essentrics (also called Classical Stretch). What are your favorites? I’m always looking for something new to try. I hear some of you doing an “Epic” workout, whatever that is. Tell me more!

Thanks so much @biketheworld for introducing this topic with us.

I can’t wait until my passion for fitness returns. I do really enjoy walking outdoors, especially with our puppy as he is a hoot a minute and we can focus together on training behaviours as we do our 45 minute to 90 minute walks each day. I am sweaty with the exertion when I get home and my FitBit reads that I was in the cardio zone for more or all of the walk over tthe past weeks (up from fat burn zone walking).

But soon the heinous white fluff, icy steps and sidewalks will be here again, and will stay for 8 months. It is still like waterskiing right now with the puppy at times — how hard he can pull and how off balance I can be made when he sees a rabbit or squirrel that he needs to chase (we have MANY of each here). So we are really working on that in training and the new harness is helping quite a bit. I have a really good indoor treadmill with up to 15% incline, but it is SO boring.

As I have shared, I love to swim, and it just isn't safe here right now. At some point the double vaccination requirement will be imposed for use of City indoor recreation facilities, but that has been delayed until the QR code system is set up and working.

I have a routine for exercise bands, hand weights, stretching, etc. modified for me by my exercise physiologist, but it is lonely doing it by myself and I find it tedious. I feel like I need to force myself, so I am actively seeking recommendations for something effective and enjoyable.

Looking forward to reading everyone’s insights.

Happy Tuesday - Julie
  • jamcnewman
    Options
    Anya_000 wrote: »
    I dropped out of UAC last week, but I'm looking forward to restarting October. I fell and fractured my foot, and with work stress, family stress and all, just don't have it in me to track, exercise and log.

But UAC has helped me so much. I'm going to take a break, and get right back in. I wish everyone the best!

I am so sorry for your accident, fracture, and all the stress @Anya_000

Wishing you all the best as you focus on healing. Take good care of yourself. 💛

Julie

• victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,285 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    I dropped out of UAC last week, but I'm looking forward to restarting October. I fell and fractured my foot, and with work stress, family stress and all, just don't have it in me to track, exercise and log.

But UAC has helped me so much. I'm going to take a break, and get right back in. I wish everyone the best!

I am so sorry to hear of your fracture. You are in my prayers for quick recovery. Stress is one of those things that come with this type of situation. I pray that God will see you through and give you wisdom to go through it. I also pray that God will grant you favor/favour and compassion in the sight of the people around you.

Please do not drop out. Just come around every other day and read some of the posts. I am sure you will benefit from them.

Speedy recovery our UAC friend.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,987 Member
    Options
    21st sep
    yes x3
    Journal done
    Stretching done
    Hour walk and lots of cleaning done
    Me time done

I promised myself yest that the moment i get to or under my goal weight I wldnt be greedy and just start eating at maintaince calories so I jumped on the scale this morning and I'm back under (after the damage from the w/e lol) so I am officially at maintaince from here on out. Bit scared and nervous but also more relived and excited!

@biiketheworld @whatmerunning and @LazyBlondeChef awesome workout ideas thanks for sharing. I do weights 3x a week and walking everyday it's not raining. I also began stretching almost everyday this month. Working out puts me in such a good mood so I make my self do it. I also clean up all day after my very messy but adorable toddler. He he! I find working out to be much easier than the food side. Xo

@donna25trinity !!!!!!
    This is a BIG DAY!!! Congratulations & thank you so much for how much you cheerlead & encourage us. You have lifted my spirits in many occasions!!

I’m so happy for you!

🌸Maddie
  • stella7x7
    stella7x7 Posts: 2,612 Member
    Options

I hope you get better quicy.