Introductions!

Options
Mrs_Hoffer
Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
Welcome to the October 2021 Ultimate Accountability Challenge!

Some of you have been with this challenge for months and some are brand new. This is one of the hardest challenges to stay with throughout the entire month.

FOCUS, FOCUS, FOCUS!! Log every BLT (Bite, Lick, Taste). Stay strong and stay true to yourself....YOU WILL SUCCEED!!

Please feel free to share as much information as you feel comfortable sharing about yourself with the rest of the group. We look forward to getting to know all of you a little better.

GOOD LUCK!

Replies

• Mrs_Hoffer
    Options
    If you wish to join us for the last week or so of the September UAC group - just to see how we operate and get into the habit of logging in every day and posting to our group, you're welcome to join us for the remainder of September here: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/141327-ultimate-accountability-challenge-september-2021

Feel free to begin sharing right away if you like, or you can also wait until October 1 to begin to share! *PLEASE* just know that you won't be eligible for the Winner's Circle for September!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,411 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Terri here. Good to see both returning and new members with us for October.

Just discovered that I forgot to post my introduction in September. So here goes for October.

I've been with UAC for almost 3 years. This is such a great motivational space, where you get valuable support from the kind, caring members. It has helped me finally reach my UGW (just before Covid hit the world for six) and stay there for the duration. Posting everyday helps build solid habits which will help you on your quest for better Health and Fitness.

The optional daily topics provide much appreciated info on a variety of subjects.

There are 3 'simple' daily requirements:
    1. 20+ minutes exercise
    2. stay under your personal calorie goal
    3. Track calories
    Fulfil them each day and post results to enter Winners' Circle.
    You get up to 3 pass days, to help you earn your place in Winners' Circle.
    If you use more than those 3 pass days, all is not lost. You can join our Champions for the month by logging every day, no matter what.

Potted Bio - 2021
    Terri: Female; 76 next birthday; living in Northern Ireland; married 55 years; ex Maths teacher; volunteer group leader for U3A (University of the Third Age - life-long learning charity)
    SW: 227 (Mar 2014)
    LW: 142.9 (Jan 2021)
    CW: 144.1
    GW: < 145

Daily Habits Update - July 2021 (Things I aspire to, but don't always achieve)
      1. Log ALL CI/CO (Daily)
      2. Stay under goal (Daily)
      3. Balance macros/micros (Daily)
      4. Hydrate adequately (Daily)
      5. Choose healthy snacks (Daily)
      6. Steps > 7500 (Daily)
      7. Stretch before/after workouts
      8. 15+ minutes Cardio > 5 days a week
      9. 15+ mins Strength > 5 days a week
      10. 15+ mins Flexibility > 5 days a week
      11. Active hours > 6
      12. Practice self-care (Daily)
      13. Stay up to date with accounts (monthly)
      14. Mindfulness Practice/meditation ((Daily - morning/evening)
      15. 1 > 15 mins Declutter sessions (Daily)
      16. Be creative
      17. Purchase essential items only
      18. Read > 1 book from 'to read' pile
      19. Complete > 2 ongoing craft projects (monthly)
      20. Learn something new (daily)

https://www.random.org/colors/hex
      517049zmdkjrcqj5.gif

THERE ARE NO QUICK FIXES OR SHORTCUTS to achieving permanent change.
      REMINDERS: One or two thoughts which might give heart to some of you.
      • Daily weight fluctuations are normal, and can be as much as 2 lbs a day for no apparent reason.
      • A general downward trend is what we are looking for.
      • Eating out can cause apparent weight gain because of high sodium levels, but usually goes quickly. Drinking extra water helps with this.
      • The human body does not react instantly to what we do to it. Sometimes it can take several days to see results.
      • Plateaus are a normal part of the process. The body is consolidating and adapting to your new way of eating/exercising.
      • The closer you get to your goal weight, the more difficult it becomes to lose weight, as your body becomes more efficient at using what you feed it.
      • When you exercise you build muscle, which takes up less space than fat, so use measurements as well as weight to assess your progress.
      • Getting/Staying fit and healthy requires a lifestyle change for most people.
      Stick with the process. It DOES work! But it does take time, effort, and most of all, patience!
    • Mrs_Hoffer
      edited September 2021
      Options
      rockyla wrote: »
      Hello,
      New to this group and excited about the accountability it will require from me. I will be walking for my 20 min of exercise. Good luck yo all of you!

Welcome @rockyla !! We're excited to have you and to get to know you! I'm also a "walker" -- my main form of exercise is walking. :)
    • bristy_c
      bristy_c Posts: 24 Member
      Options
      Hi everyone!

Really looking forward to building community and accountability here. I'm Bristy, from Ontario, Canada. Looking forward to continuing my walks and going to mindfully log my calories! Cheers
    • Mrs_Hoffer
      Options
      StayFITTer wrote: »
      Hi all!

My name is Bridget and I’m from Michigan. I’m a married mom of two young boys.

There are 3 months left in the year and I’d like to finish strong and start 2022 well. Refining my habits and being more consistent is what I’m after. I know weight loss will take care of itself if I focus on what matters most.

This is the most organized and supportive group I’ve come across on MFP. I’ve been watching from the side lines, but now I’m ready to cut my perfectionism at its knees and get in the game! Look forward to learning from and getting to know you all.

Hello Bridget from that state up north! :smile: I'm Teresa from Ohio! "O-H!" Lol. Anyhoo.... it's very nice to have you in the group! Our group is a joint effort and everybody pitches in and works hard to keep it running like a well oiled machine! We look forward to getting to know YOU as well!!
    • Caroline_slowandsteady
      Options
      Hi all,
      I just started last month with the September Challenge, and it has been very helpful to me. I've learned so much already and been very inspired. Though I was nowhere near the winner's circle, I did manage to check in every day.

I am 41 and am looking to lose the baby weight from my daughter who is almost 10. My weight loss history is that I did weight watchers when I was 24 to lose the ~25 extra pounds I had put on during college and after. I learned a lot about nutrition and stayed in that weight range, with some work, until I got pregnant at 31.

During my pregnancy, I was very sick and could only keep down food like pizza, milkshakes, and cookies, which I had to eat constantly to keep from vomiting up nothing. I gained half my body weight. Afterwards, I tried to lose weight, but breastfeeding and then another pregnancy and miscarriage, then infertility treatment, then another pregnancy, then breastfeeding, brought me to 2019 when I finally got serious about weight loss. At that point I was at around 175 lbs. I am now around 150 lbs, where I have been stuck for a few months. I'd was 130 lbs when I got pregnant. I am kind of debating where to stop, but I think I'd like to lose another 10 pounds and this group is really inspiring me to see if I can.

I lost weight first by just watching what I ate, the plateaued there for a few months. Then joined MFP in February and started counting calories and lost some more weight for a few months and then plateaued again.

I am not a big exerciser but I try to do a 15 minute exercise video by MommaStrong 5 mornings a week - that is really for functional strength. I also try to go for a 30 minute walk every day. I'd love to exercise more, but hard to find the time.
    • Mrs_Hoffer
      Options
      WELCOME @LuckiS32 and welcome back @jem302 !! :)
      We're honored to have you both!

@LuckiS32 we have a few people on the other side of the world - you all are often closing out your food diaries when I am getting up and logging on! :) Just post at the end of your day on the corresponding date under the DISCUSSIONS area. Let us know if you have any questions or issues. We're looking forward to getting to know you!
    • lovingcaring
      lovingcaring Posts: 36 Member
      Options
      Hello. I’m new to this group. I’m 42 live in Kansas. I’m in the healthcare field and my schedule is crazy 12-16hr shift bouncing between day/night shifts. So excited to be apart of this group that challenge you to be a accountable and healthier Version of yourself. My goal for this month is to find a steady routine for meals and workout. Looking forward to get to know and learning from you all.