@amymartin555- 7/7
    @Jepedno-6/7
    @mari_moulin- 4/7
    @mthomas0228 - 6/7
    GREAT JOB EVERYONE :):):):):)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,805 Member
    Options
    Another new member joining us ...Please welcome @Pickles175 :)
  • Pickles175
    Pickles175 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Hi! Thanks for having me!

1. Tell us a little about yourself? Hi! I’m Pickles from Wisconsin, 49 years old. I’m a pretty chatty, friendly person and a good listener.
    2. Why are you on this journey? What pushed you to start? I’ve been on and off mfp for 7 years. The pandemic and having 3 surgeries during that time just started back the eat everything and do nothing cycle. When I had to consider going up another size in clothes (which I’d already done once in the past 2 years) I said enough is enough.
    3. What are your triggers and how can you avoid them? My triggers are stress which honestly is usually from my ex husband or my kids. Can’t avoid them but work on dealing with how to not eat all the chocolate in the house!
    4. Do you have a favourite diet you go by? ie keto, low carb. I’m CICO all the way! Nothing is forbidden, just everything in moderation.
    5. What is your favourite way to workout? I use the fitness tool The Mirror and pick my workouts from that. I usually do cardio bootcamp, cardio strength, kickboxing or something along those lines.
    6. What are some of your goals this month? Just to stay consistent. And not die as much every workout. My loose goal is to lose 4lbs a month.
    7. What do you expect to gain from the team? Hopefully support and a place to know I’m not alone.

• rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    PW 183.4
    CW 183.4
    Steps 9/27 10,697
    9/28 5,719

I guess I am happy I stayed the same. Monday I worked out but yesterday It was rainy and I got sleepy and lazy after work. I am hoping after next week I can log off at 4;30 which will give me an extra half hour after work to get my work out in. I have been doing well during the day with less mindless snacking and I made mason jar Cobb salads for everyday this week for lunch. So helpful so I don’t just grab whatever and it’s filled with protein. Dressing is homemade with skinnytaste recipe. I am keeping my big water jug right next to my desk, I get embarrassed that it looks silly on all my video calls I sit on now but oh well.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Pickles175 wrote: »

1. Tell us a little about yourself? Hi! I’m Pickles from Wisconsin, 49 years old. I’m a pretty chatty, friendly person and a good listener.
    2. Why are you on this journey? What pushed you to start? I’ve been on and off mfp for 7 years. The pandemic and having 3 surgeries during that time just started back the eat everything and do nothing cycle. When I had to consider going up another size in clothes (which I’d already done once in the past 2 years) I said enough is enough.
    3. What are your triggers and how can you avoid them? My triggers are stress which honestly is usually from my ex husband or my kids. Can’t avoid them but work on dealing with how to not eat all the chocolate in the house!
    4. Do you have a favourite diet you go by? ie keto, low carb. I’m CICO all the way! Nothing is forbidden, just everything in moderation.
    5. What is your favourite way to workout? I use the fitness tool The Mirror and pick my workouts from that. I usually do cardio bootcamp, cardio strength, kickboxing or something along those lines.
    6. What are some of your goals this month? Just to stay consistent. And not die as much every workout. My loose goal is to lose 4lbs a month.
    7. What do you expect to gain from the team? Hopefully support and a place to know I’m not alone.

Welcome to our very talkative group... Happy to have you here :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    rlaskey2 wrote: »
    PW 183.4
    CW 183.4
    Steps 9/27 10,697
    9/28 5,719

I guess I am happy I stayed the same. Monday I worked out but yesterday It was rainy and I got sleepy and lazy after work. I am hoping after next week I can log off at 4;30 which will give me an extra half hour after work to get my work out in. I have been doing well during the day with less mindless snacking and I made mason jar Cobb salads for everyday this week for lunch. So helpful so I don’t just grab whatever and it’s filled with protein. Dressing is homemade with skinnytaste recipe. I am keeping my big water jug right next to my desk, I get embarrassed that it looks silly on all my video calls I sit on now but oh well.

Missing steps for 9/26... I apologize if I missed them
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options

Pickles! I LOVE PICKLES!!! :smiley:

Welcome aboard! :)
  • Pickles175
    Options
    Poobah1972 wrote: »

Pickles! I LOVE PICKLES!!! :smiley:

Welcome aboard! :)

Thank you! I hope to live up to the love! 😆

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,511 Member
    Options
    jayenguk wrote: »
    Username: jayenguk
    Weigh In Day: Wednesday
    PW: 267
    CW: 259.6

Last week I had a sts so I think my body just dumped it all this week...but yassssss!

Congrats on reaching a new decade!

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,511 Member
    Options
    roz0810 wrote: »
    Hi again everyone.

Quick update from me. I'm 4.6lbs down since starting up again. Counting calories, drinking lots of water and getting movement in. Weigh in day is Thursdays but I've been doing it daily too to keep an eye on things 🙂

Hope you're all well.

Keep it up! Great job!

Welcome! Thanks for answering the questions as it’s nice to get to know our teammates.

PW 183.4
    CW 183.4
    Steps 9/27 10,697
    9/28 5,719

What type of dressing do you use? I was eating a lot of Cobb salads for awhile but I love blue cheese dressing and it was adding too many calories. I would like to try your recipe.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    roz0810 wrote: »
    Hi again everyone.

Quick update from me. I'm 4.6lbs down since starting up again. Counting calories, drinking lots of water and getting movement in. Weigh in day is Thursdays but I've been doing it daily too to keep an eye on things 🙂

Hope you're all well.

Keep it up! Great job!

Welcome! Thanks for answering the questions as it’s nice to get to know our teammates.

PW 183.4
    CW 183.4
    Steps 9/27 10,697
    9/28 5,719

What type of dressing do you use? I was eating a lot of Cobb salads for awhile but I love blue cheese dressing and it was adding too many calories. I would like to try your recipe.

I have a keto version of blue cheese dressing if you are interested ... it taste great and easy to make
    https://www.wholesomeyum.com/blue-cheese-dressing-recipe/
  • WTGNicole
    WTGNicole Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Re: blue cheese dressing, the recipe Megan linked is a great springboard, but if you are also trying to lower your calories as well as your carbs, there are tweaks you can make:

- there are many varieties of blue cheese. If you choose one with a stronger flavor, you can use less cheese and still get great flavor. Roquefort has a really strong flavor.

-keto usually says to use the whole milk or full fat versions of things because it has less carbs and higher satiety. Non fat or reduced fat sour cream & Greek yogurt only have a few more carbs than the full fat versions, and fewer calories. Brands also differ, some use more fillers to get a certain texture. Examples:
    Regular Sour Cream: 2T, 45 cal, 1 carb
    Light Sour Cream: daisy brand 2T, 25 cal, 2 carbs
    Nonfat Sour Cream: 2T, 15 cal, 3 carbs
    Whole milk Greek Yogurt: 3/4 c, 170 cal, 1 carb
    Nonfat Greek Yogurt: 3/4 cup, 90 cal, 7 carbs
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,523 Member
    Options
    MFP name: cormierannie
    PW: 174 pounds
    Cw: 172 pounds
  • WTGNicole
    Options
    Alsoooo yayyyyyyyyyy Picklessssss is here!!!!! 🥳💃🏻🙌🏻🙏🏻🎊
  • MJ_Keto
    MJ_Keto Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Wow, I'm so impressed with all of the activity on this group! All of you are inspiring me already! I went on a 4-mile run last night after work and dodged the rain (fall in Oregon is REALLY wet!) and then I went to Costco and stocked up on all of my keto staples (Kerrygold butter, heavy cream, macadamia nuts, etc.) and a few convenience keto items like Crepinis (30 calorie egg-wraps) and "Healthy Noodles" (zero net carbs). I'm ready to tackle October and eat fat to burn fat!
  • Pickles175
    Options
    WTGNicole wrote: »
    Alsoooo yayyyyyyyyyy Picklessssss is here!!!!! 🥳💃🏻🙌🏻🙏🏻🎊

Awww you’ll have me blushing! We got this, girl!

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    MJ_Keto wrote: »
    Wow, I'm so impressed with all of the activity on this group! All of you are inspiring me already! I went on a 4-mile run last night after work and dodged the rain (fall in Oregon is REALLY wet!) and then I went to Costco and stocked up on all of my keto staples (Kerrygold butter, heavy cream, macadamia nuts, etc.) and a few convenience keto items like Crepinis (30 calorie egg-wraps) and "Healthy Noodles" (zero net carbs). I'm ready to tackle October and eat fat to burn fat!

We are very chatty ... Wish it would rain in California ... we have 11 fires here so it is real smokey ...my poor pool is full of ashes even though the pool guy cleaned it yesterday
  • WTGNicole
    Options
    @MJ_Keto what are the noodles made of? Are they konjac noodles? Do they taste good? I'm so intrigued 👀 🕵‍♀️🤤
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    @WTGNicole I make these for keto pasta ..super simple and yummy
    https://ketopots.com/keto-egg-noodles
This discussion has been closed.