Welcome!

Options
slowerbutqwik
slowerbutqwik Posts: 120 Member
After my Bariatric Sleeve Surgery in October 2020, I felt I really needed to reach out to others for support and encouragement. MFP has been a wonderful extension of my WL journey. I was unable to find many active groups for WLS patients or those thinking about having WLS. So, I open this to others around the globe who are thinking about or have had the surgery.
Ask advice (although it won't be medical advice, always talk to your Dr.), share recipes, share your journey!
Please be kind and respectful! This needs to be a safe place.

Replies

• spangadora
    spangadora Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Thanks for creating the group! I had my sleeve done last Monday and am healing up well. First check in with the surgeon was yesterday.
  • slowerbutqwik
    Options
    @spandora how was your first checkup? I have done really well with Gastric Sleeve.
  • spangadora
    Options
    So far so good. My surgeon was pleased with how little pain I was having and they removed the steri strips which was nice.
  • slowerbutqwik
    Options
    @thatalabamamom Welcome to the group! I hope you're able to join in and find support here!
  • jessi91473
    jessi91473 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I was sleeved June 16, 2021. No complications, still on soft/pureed foods.
  • spangadora
    Options
    Welcome! How's healing going @jessi91473 ?
  • slowerbutqwik
    Options
    jessi91473 wrote: »
    I was sleeved June 16, 2021. No complications, still on soft/pureed foods.

Welcome to the group @jessi91473. We'd love you to join on on our discussions! Come back often! Hope healing is gojng well. Purees will be over soon!
  • mcspeight
    mcspeight Posts: 43 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Just found this group....thank goodness!

I'm from Atlantic Canada, 34, married, 3 children, and a Nurse. I waited close to 7 years for surgery, finally had a sleeve May 18th 2021.
    Hw 410
    SW 390
    CW 298
    GW 220
  • slowerbutqwik
    Options
    mcspeight wrote: »
    Just found this group....thank goodness!

I'm from Atlantic Canada, 34, married, 3 children, and a Nurse. I waited close to 7 years for surgery, finally had a sleeve May 18th 2021.
    Hw 410
    SW 390
    CW 298
    GW 220

Welcome! The more you Check in and comment and add discussions, the better the group experience. We're happy to have you along. It takes a village. This journey is hard. And congratulations on your current success!
  • mcspeight
    mcspeight Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much!!
  • spangadora
    Options
    Welcome!
  • Tami_in_Idaho
    Tami_in_Idaho Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am 4 weeks post Op and excited to find this group! I was sleeved 7/13.

HW 387
    SW 365.7
    CW 331
    GW 220
  • spangadora
    Options
    Welcome!
  • slowerbutqwik
    Options
    I am 4 weeks post Op and excited to find this group! I was sleeved 7/13.

HW 387
    SW 365.7
    CW 331
    GW 220

Welcome to the group Tami_in_idaho. I'm Shauna in Utah!
    Be sure to check back often and add to our discussions!
  • krisbradley08
    krisbradley08 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm getting sleeved on September 21, my Dr is happy with the progress I've made preparing for the surgery. But I stalled out last month so I'm a little frustrated with my self. Did any of you start doing the really small portions before the surgery, which would be similar to after surgery? If so how often were you supposed to eat or drink something, I'm understanding position sizes but the 2TBLS frequency eludes me. I think I'm a little nervouse and just don't want to mess things up, before or after. Thanks for any ideas you would like to share with me.
  • slowerbutqwik
    Options
    I'm getting sleeved on September 21, my Dr is happy with the progress I've made preparing for the surgery. But I stalled out last month so I'm a little frustrated with my self. Did any of you start doing the really small portions before the surgery, which would be similar to after surgery? If so how often were you supposed to eat or drink something, I'm understanding position sizes but the 2TBLS frequency eludes me. I think I'm a little nervouse and just don't want to mess things up, before or after. Thanks for any ideas you would like to share with me.

Congratulations for having a date! That's exciting! I woukd just concentrate on the pre diet your Dr has you do and stock with those portions. Believe me, after surgery you will complete understand the 2 Tbsp. It may seem far fetched now, but the surgery changes that in tge beginning. Concentrate on right now. We were all afraid, and I still am, of messing up. But realize we will make mistakes. After surgery you're body will tell you! Let yourself make some, just work to do what you need to over all.
  • Chubby_Cyclist
    Chubby_Cyclist Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello! I’ve been lurking in this group for a bit. I just had surgery on September 27th. Trying to get all my liquids in and adding protein.
  • slowerbutqwik
    Options
    Hello! I’ve been lurking in this group for a bit. I just had surgery on September 27th. Trying to get all my liquids in and adding protein.

Congratulations on joining the losers bench. It is difficult at first to get liquids and then protein, but it does get easier physically to do it. Then you get to deal with mentally. It's all soooo worth it! Let us know how you progress!
  • spangadora
    Options

Welcome! You will get there. Slow and steady on the liquids and getting used to the new stomach size and the way you need to eat. You got this!