Options

Replies

• Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 :

SW (9/1/20): 194
    PW: 143.6 This was my wt. on both 8/5 and 8/27. Can't remember which day I recorded it here.πŸ˜‰
    CW: 142.2 πŸ™‚
  • WTGNicole
    WTGNicole Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Yayyyyyyy hi katieeeee!!! So glad you joined too!!!! πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸŽŠπŸŽŠπŸŽŠπŸŽŠ
  • WTGNicole
    WTGNicole Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    MJ_Keto wrote: Β»
    @MJ_Keto what are the noodles made of? Are they konjac noodles? Do they taste good? I'm so intrigued πŸ‘€ πŸ•΅β€β™€οΈπŸ€€

90qi8p8dhc5t.jpg
    jvyvwn4tdw1g.jpg
    Yes, they have konjac powder in them, along with a few other ingredients. I think they are pretty good, better than some "miracle noodles" I've had. They are essentially flavorless in my opinion, but their texture is good and they are a great vessel for yummy sauces.

Aaah that's what I was thinking, thank you! I have some I bought from Amazon, Hethstia brand. They are PERFECT for a keto pad Thai! 😍 🀀
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,503 Member
    Options
    @Kitty2Kats
    Welcome back!

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    I am glad you are taking a rest day. We need to listen to our bodies.

@luccianaff
    Welcome! Nice loss! Sounds like your place is lovely. I chuckled when you mentioned chickens. I was just on holidays and there was always chickens in my father-in-law’s yard. I was either cursing the rooster for waking me up or trying to convince my husband to catch a chicken so I could hold it.

@Bluetail6
    A loss is a great way to start back. Nice!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,390 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    I am glad you are taking a rest day. We need to listen to our bodies.

Me too ... my hip is thanking me .... I need do 120 minutes of cleaning/meal prep so I am ready to get back on Keto tomorrow ... will be returning to walking tomorrow and have the weekends off :)
  • luccianaff
    luccianaff Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 Thank you! That was after a 2.6lbs loss yesterday so I'm super happy about that. Hahaha yeah I get that. Our rooster used to drive me crazy. As you probably found out contrary to popular belief they don't just crow at dawn. I adore my chickens. Most of them run up to you when you go outside and I have two that like to be held.
  • luccianaff
    Options
    Yayyyyyyy hi katieeeee!!! So glad you joined too!!!! πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸŽŠπŸŽŠπŸŽŠπŸŽŠ

Hi Nicole! So glad to see you on here too! πŸ₯³
  • luccianaff
    Options
    Hi! Thanks for having me!

1. Tell us a little about yourself? Hi! I’m Pickles from Wisconsin, 49 years old. I’m a pretty chatty, friendly person and a good listener.
    2. Why are you on this journey? What pushed you to start? I’ve been on and off mfp for 7 years. The pandemic and having 3 surgeries during that time just started back the eat everything and do nothing cycle. When I had to consider going up another size in clothes (which I’d already done once in the past 2 years) I said enough is enough.
    3. What are your triggers and how can you avoid them? My triggers are stress which honestly is usually from my ex husband or my kids. Can’t avoid them but work on dealing with how to not eat all the chocolate in the house!
    4. Do you have a favourite diet you go by? ie keto, low carb. I’m CICO all the way! Nothing is forbidden, just everything in moderation.
    5. What is your favourite way to workout? I use the fitness tool The Mirror and pick my workouts from that. I usually do cardio bootcamp, cardio strength, kickboxing or something along those lines.
    6. What are some of your goals this month? Just to stay consistent. And not die as much every workout. My loose goal is to lose 4lbs a month.
    7. What do you expect to gain from the team? Hopefully support and a place to know I’m not alone.

So glad to see you on here too! 😁πŸ₯³
  • Pickles175
    Pickles175 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Hi! Thanks for having me!

1. Tell us a little about yourself? Hi! I’m Pickles from Wisconsin, 49 years old. I’m a pretty chatty, friendly person and a good listener.
    2. Why are you on this journey? What pushed you to start? I’ve been on and off mfp for 7 years. The pandemic and having 3 surgeries during that time just started back the eat everything and do nothing cycle. When I had to consider going up another size in clothes (which I’d already done once in the past 2 years) I said enough is enough.
    3. What are your triggers and how can you avoid them? My triggers are stress which honestly is usually from my ex husband or my kids. Can’t avoid them but work on dealing with how to not eat all the chocolate in the house!
    4. Do you have a favourite diet you go by? ie keto, low carb. I’m CICO all the way! Nothing is forbidden, just everything in moderation.
    5. What is your favourite way to workout? I use the fitness tool The Mirror and pick my workouts from that. I usually do cardio bootcamp, cardio strength, kickboxing or something along those lines.
    6. What are some of your goals this month? Just to stay consistent. And not die as much every workout. My loose goal is to lose 4lbs a month.
    7. What do you expect to gain from the team? Hopefully support and a place to know I’m not alone.

So glad to see you on here too! 😁πŸ₯³

Thanks Katie!

• luccianaff
    Options
    Welcome to all the new members. Looking forward to reading about your health and fitness journeys.

Got a lecture from the night nurse at the hospital tonight while at dressing change. She said to elevate my leg and I will not have it swell up plus make less over night trips to the bathroom as the fluid leaves my leg. So hate this but will do it. Will be glad when antibiotics are over since they have an awful metallic taste that lingers until the next pill at each meal in addition to the iv antibiotics.

See the doctors over the next two weeks about the strep bone infection. So will find out if they want to continue the antibiotics or do a partial amputation .

Looking forward to birthday cake in October. Found a recipe for champagne cake that I want to try.

Thank you for the welcome. Sounds like you are going through a lot. I'm sorry. I'm hoping you make a full recovery!!!
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone. It's looking like the team brought in a whole team. Lol.

Check in for 9/30:
    Steps - 11020
    Calories - 1515
    Exercise - 4.35 mile walk in 1:22.

Bad day here. Gut hasn't been happy all day. Had to cut the walk short due to it and kept snacking all day. It feels like it's hungry and full. Food doesn't affect it though. My snacks were small but numerous so I will see the scale tomorrow.
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    Thank you!! I'm glad it's a loss, but would have been ok, had it gone in the other direction. I think focusing on workouts this last month has been the right decision.πŸ™‚
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,503 Member
    Options
    @Beautyofdreams
    You are such an inspiration! You have gone through so much the last year but you lost over 85 pounds. Your strength is amazing. I wish you were through this so you could get back to the exercise you love so much. Sending you healing vibes every day.

@rwood566
    Awesome steps! Sorry about the bad stomach. I hope you feel better today. Is it gym day?

@Bluetail6
    Focusing on one goal at a time can be very smart. After struggling last fall/early winter that’s what I did for a while.
This discussion has been closed.