Downsizers Team Chat - OCTOBER 2021

Options

Replies

• MJ_Keto
    MJ_Keto Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Happy Sat night everyone! I made small choices at dinner to help get ready for tomorrow, like ordering a side salad instead of fries with my gluten free sandwich. Looking forward to a big day of batch cooking tomorrow!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,404 Member
    Options
    MJ_Keto wrote: »
    Happy Sat night everyone! I made small choices at dinner to help get ready for tomorrow, like ordering a side salad instead of fries with my gluten free sandwich. Looking forward to a big day of batch cooking tomorrow!

Great job ... I too am batch cooking tomorrow ... making all purpose low carb bread (Good Dee's ) a bunch of hard boiled eggs / deviled eggs ... keto pumpkin bars with cream cheese ...different flavors of cream cheese fluff (PB, Raspberry, pumpkin, lime and lemon :)
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    hi all. happy saturday night. may you all have a wonderful second half of the weekend.
    check in for 10/2:
    steps - 10331 lots of time with my hands in my pockets today. can't touch the cars.
    sunburn - ouch. yep
    calories 1687?? ate McD for breakfast while waiting for urgent care to open. daughter has another double ear infection with no pain. ate lunch at the car show. they have lots of kettle corn, sausages, corn dogs, etc. i had half a falafel sandwich with been sprouts, 12 garlic fries and a root beer float. i will consider that a win.
    exercise - 3 hours looking at great paint jobs and getting burnt.

• rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    sharing sunday (it's only 58 minutes until sunday here. close enough.)

what started me? getting tossed a life ring by my Dr. after being house bound for 1 1/2 years and giving up on life. i grabbed that ring and held on tight.

what will keep me going? remembering where i was and knowing if i go back i will be dead. it scares the crap out of me.
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    rwood566 wrote: »
    hi everyone, my name is Roger. 57 y/o. married, adult daughter who still lives with us. i live in san diego. i started getting fat while in the Navy. i got booted in 1995 after 12 1/2 years because of it. i kept getting fatter as time went by and it really escalated in 2008 when i lost my last job and hurt my back. i couldn't stand up straight for 2 years. overnight, literally over 1 night, something popped free and i could stand and walk without pain. i started losing weight after getting a chemical stress test but was chased out of the gym by fat shamers after losing 60 pounds. i gained back 100. i almost died one night in 2012 or 13 when my blood pressure med increase kicked in and made my b/p plummet to 50/0. that didn't make me lose weight. in 2017 i became house bound. i was unable to stand more than 2 minutes, couldn't walk 150 feet. i was unable to go to my dr. appointments for 2 years so my dr. called me and said he wouldn't renew my prescriptions until i came in. i had to tell him why i wasn't coming in - i couldn't fit in a car or walk into his office. he referred me to home based care, thankfully, which i had never heard about. when home based care took my case, they almost didn't, i weighed 566 pounds. i was released from them earlier this year down more than 200 pounds. i am currently down 298 pounds, off both of my b/p meds, no longer pre diabetic. i don't have a specific diet, just calories in. i don't count calories out since it can drastically change from website to website for the same thing. i have been losing 10-11 pounds a month since october 2019. i hope i start to slow down soon.

Roger, your story is very humbling, motivating and impressive. Lee🙂🧡
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    Just a silly question. What is the reason you picked your weigh in day?

I chose Thursday because it gives me time to think about the upcoming weekend; and time to recover if I overindulge.😊🧡✔
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Hello Fat2Fit team members! Here is your OCTOBER HABIT TRACKER. Click the link and follow the instructions and start tracking your healthy habits today!
    cvonnlgfytxr.png
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,508 Member
    Options
    MJ_Keto wrote: »

Great choices! Do you batch cook every week?
    rwood566 wrote: »
    hi all. happy saturday night. may you all have a wonderful second half of the weekend.
    check in for 10/2:
    steps - 10331 lots of time with my hands in my pockets today. can't touch the cars.
    sunburn - ouch. yep
    calories 1687?? ate McD for breakfast while waiting for urgent care to open. daughter has another double ear infection with no pain. ate lunch at the car show. they have lots of kettle corn, sausages, corn dogs, etc. i had half a falafel sandwich with been sprouts, 12 garlic fries and a root beer float. i will consider that a win.
    exercise - 3 hours looking at great paint jobs and getting burnt.

Awesome steps! Get the aloe Vera out for the sunburn. You did make a good choice. I don’t know if I could be that good.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Saturday check in
    ✅ Steps 5k daily
    ❌Zone minutes 542/650
    ❌ Stay within calories
    ✅ Track food accurately

Last day of check in of September. Didn’t meet zone minutes but it was an unrealistic goal. Went over calories again. Woke up very anxious and of course I wanted to binge. I was able to stop myself before I ate 1000’s of calories so I consider it a win. Had a short swim yesterday but I was extremely busy all day. Not sure if today will be my rest day but I will decide when I get to the pool.

Happy Sunday!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Steps

Swim
    17 minutes moderate = 2,958 steps
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    We are going to start our mini team challenges tomorrow. This week we will be asking you to share and post each day.

Sharing Sunday

What started you on your weight loss journey? Who or what will keep you strong?
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Weigh Day Thursday (just a little late)
    PW: 221.0
    CW: 225.0

Need to get back into accountability for October!
  • luccianaff
    luccianaff Posts: 69 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Hello everyone my name is Katie! I live in the mountains in Colorado. My parents, sister, her fiance, and I live together on a lovely property of 35 acres. It also backs up to national forest which is amazing for hiking and taking the pups for a walk. I am a huge animal lover. Between all of us we have one cat, five dogs, eight goats, thirteen chickens, and one horse.

I have been on my fitness pal since 2010 I think that's when we first started keto way back before it was a big thing. Haha I have used it off and on all these years. In 2013 I started having chronic pain all over my body. I had a myriad of tests done and ended up having two doctors essentially tell me I was bored/it's all in my head. I refused to go back to any Drs after that until I got a good review for a doctor from a neighbor. Finally in 2016 I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and hashimoto's disease. This last year was really hard and had a major flare-up that lasted really long. I ended up going back to the doctor (new one) and they put me on three different medications for fibro one for hashimoto's and the side effects were absolutely horrible. Last month I finally told him that I wanted to get back off of everything and try a elimination diet just to see what happens. I am currently doing a 30 day fruit and veggies cleanse then will be adding things back in slowly to see what I might have problems with.

My triggers are sweet and salty. Luckily my family has decided to do this diet with me so we don't have any junk food around and living a hour from town makes it hard to mess up. I also am determined to feel better so that's a big motivator.

Do you have a favourite diet you go by?
    I have done keto, low carb and intermittent fasting. I enjoy keto but it's hard to stay on it so I've been more low carb the past year up until now. I absolutely love intermittent fasting but I have stopped that for now as well during this cleanse.

What is your favourite way to workout?
    My favorite way to work out is lifting weights. I also enjoy hiking, horseback riding, trap shooting, swimming, and fishing.

What are some of your goals this month?
    My goals this month are to stick with this diet. I also have been doing my own personal daily challenge which started as a 60 day one which I completed, revamped and did another 30 days. Yesterday was my last day. It has had a great impact on my life so I'm going for another 30! Every day I write down five things I'm grateful for, take my vitamins, drink 64 oz of water, meditate or affirmations, spend at least 10 minutes outside, read, physical activity, skincare routine, and learn something new.

What do you expect to gain from the team?
    I'm hoping to gain more friends on here to help motivate me and for me to help motivate as well. I love seeing people's progress and being able to cheer others on! So please feel free to add me. ☺️

So happy to be part of this team! Can't wait to get to know you all more. 💖
  • Pickles175
    Pickles175 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    We are going to start our mini team challenges tomorrow. This week we will be asking you to share and post each day.

Sharing Sunday

What started you on your weight loss journey? Who or what will keep you strong?

I wanted to wear one of my favourite dresses and it was too tight. Went to try on a different one and yep same thing. I realised that I had allowed myself to get too comfortable with not caring. And not being allowed to work out much due to surgeries I just got lazy. So I gave myself two choices. Either I would have to go up another dress size….again….or get back on the mfp train and do what I needed to do. I chose the second option and first day the kids were back in school this year was my first day back. I don’t have a specific number on the scale goal, just til I reach a happy place.

Honestly my stubbornness will keep me strong. Lol

This discussion has been closed.