October 5

Options

Replies

• bradkcrew
    bradkcrew Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    Exercise: :)
    It feels strange not to do any cardio, but I did a 30 minute flexibility/stretch video geared toward runners and I guess that counts as exercise. Actually I should count physical therapy for my knee as exercise...although I'm not convinced side planks, bridges, clam shells, donkey kicks, etc. are addressing the issue at hand, it's quite a work out!

Tracking: :)

Calories: :)
  • Jillygirl0220
    Jillygirl0220 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Exercise: Yes! Great 60 min Zumba class - soo fun!
    Tracking: Yes
    Within budget: Yes
  • Jillygirl0220
    Jillygirl0220 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    jjjcat wrote: »
    Tuesday October 5th

Definitely agree with the above info. I have been steady with exercise but let snaccidents sneak in for a while, forgetting how the whole system works and hence here I am with extra kilos…

Exercise: YES (30 minutes dog walk and 30 minutes Body Balance)
    Calories under: YES
    Tracked all: YES

"snaccidents -love this! :)
  • yrc_pr
    yrc_pr Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    October 5

✅ Exercise - Zumba
    ✅ Calories
    ✅ Tracked

0 Pass Days Used
  • achagpar
    achagpar Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    October 5:

Wasn’t able to make it to the gym for a Zumba class, but got in 35 min kickboxing class at home 👍🏽 (Thanks to UAC for the nudge!)

Tracked: Yes!
    Exercise: Yes! See above
    Under calorie goal: Yes!

Passes used: 1
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Options
    October 5, 2021

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, EPIC III
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Kitchen Closed? Yes
    Did you go "nuts" with nuts today? No (5 days -free)
    Over Sugar macro today? No (3 days -free)

Pass day 0/3 (this is for accountability to myself and my records).
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,255 Member
    Options
    @readyornot1234 - oh no! Kidney stones are the worst. I hope you are feeling better.

@Healthymumlife - just do what you can. When you’re able, you’ll get back on the exercise “wagon”

Exercise. - yes
    Tracked - yes
    Under - yes

Pass days 0/3

• jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,105 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    mshawski wrote: »
    ✅✅✅

Exercise: functional strength training at the gym, which burned less than I thought so I jumped on the rower when I got home for 10 min to make up the 73 calories I would have been over. I fell victim to the Peanut Butter earlier, and cut back some food but didn’t want to miss my nightly tea. I’m really liking my day ending with ginger, lemon, and honey tea. It seems to be helping me not snack at night, and ginger is supposed to be a good anti inflammatory - I’ll take any and all help I can get on that front right now.

Highlight of today - as I walked into the gym I realized I dressed up as my water bottle. I think the water bottle wore it better? 🤔 Maybe I’ll pass on my standard red riding hood or mini mouse costumes and rock this halloween as a stainless steel flask 😂.
    7g2bbhq4iyen.jpeg

Your reference in your post today to your “costume” made me laugh out loud! 😂😂🤣 Thank you. 💛
  • jamcnewman
    Options
    Still not feeling great and have pulled a muscle in my shoulder so my pass days are being used up really quickly this month but I will continue to post and will hopefully be back exercising soon 3 x ❌
    2/3 pass days used

@Healthymumlife
    I am sorry that you are feeling poorly. Take good care.

Julie
  • jamcnewman
    Options
    _JeffreyD_ wrote: »
    ✅✅✅ behaving

Good job! 🌟
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,031 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Totally agree @Jana_2020
    Recently I looked up the calories I ate at my starting weight 228 fairly sedentary
    VS what I can eat now ~ 70 lbs down with 10K steps a day.

I can eat MORE CALORIES now and I’m a normal weight not obese, 5-6 years older, and shorter!!!!

The National Weight Control Registry study results make it clear….

NWCR Facts

You may find it interesting to know about the people who have enrolled in the registry thus far.

“80% of persons in the registry are women and 20% are men.
    The "average" woman is 45 years of age and currently weighs 145 lbs, while the "average" man is 49 years of age and currently weighs 190 lbs.
    Registry members have lost an average of 66 lbs and kept it off for 5.5 years.
    These averages, however, hide a lot of diversity:
    Weight losses have ranged from 30 to 300 lbs.
    Duration of successful weight loss has ranged from 1 year to 66 years!
    Some have lost the weight rapidly, while others have lost weight very slowly--over as many as 14 years.

We have also started to learn about how the weight loss was accomplished: 45% of registry participants lost the weight on their own and the other 55% lost weight with the help of some type of program.

98% of Registry participants report that they modified their food intake in some way to lose weight.

94% increased their physical activity, with the most frequently reported form of activity being walking.

There is variety in how NWCR members keep the weight off. Most report continuing to maintain a low calorie, low fat diet and doing high levels of activity.

78% eat breakfast every day.
    75% weigh themselves at least once a week

62% watch less than 10 hours of TV per week.

90% exercise, on average, about 1 hour per day.”

One of my major goals was to be able to join this study, which I did.

I used these results to plan my weight loss & maintenance approach.

I do not eat a low fat diet, nor a low calorie diet. I do exercise daily for over 90 minutes.

If you lose> 30lbs & keep it off for 1 year, you can too!

🌸Maddie
    ✅✅✅