Shrinking Assets Team Chat - OCTOBER 2021

Options

Replies

• hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    @Beka3695 great job reaching that 2 month milestone and recognizing your unhealthy patterns! You’re doing great things.
  • Marni3369
    Marni3369 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »

I'm so sorry! I had typed out my entry but must have clicked "Done" instead of "Post Reply"... I have done that so many times you would think I would have learned by now.

Anyway... This was my weigh in:

PW: 246
    CW: 245

Thank you.... Clicking "Post Reply" now...
  • chublet25
    chublet25 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Marni3369 wrote: »
    Beka3695 wrote: »

I'm so sorry! I had typed out my entry but must have clicked "Done" instead of "Post Reply"... I have done that so many times you would think I would have learned by now.

Anyway... This was my weigh in:

PW: 246
    CW: 245

Thank you.... Clicking "Post Reply" now...

It's easy to mess up! I post my weight daily in a just-give-me-10-days challenge, and then very often forget to actually update my weight in MFP itself until I notice that my weight hasn't been changed for a week.....sigh...
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Question: Should I take a break from the weekly weigh-in reports?

In November, I’ll be changing my workout routine as the outdoor rowing season ends. So, I’m wondering if I should remove myself from the reporting until my regular schedule starts up again in March. I appreciate any advice from those of you who know how the process works or have an opinion about it. 🙏🏼

During the winter conditioning season, I’m going to focus on building muscle while maintaining or improving my flexibility. I’m guessing I’ll add weight or stay the same level after weightlifting and joining yoga classes for a few months. I don’t want the Shrinking Assets team results to suffer — especially if I’m actually making progress toward my goal. The goal is to maintain my weight at 125-130.

Today is my annual physical so I’ll have an ‘official’ weigh-in at my doctor’s office. I’ll probably weigh close to 125 later this afternoon so I’m hoping that will be my starting weight. After that, I’d like to schedule a DEXA scan in early November to measure my baseline body fat so I can set my new fitness and nutrition goals for the coming year.
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    edited October 2021
    Options
    @Be_theBest_Me — I don’t think it matters if your exercise comes at night or in the morning so enjoy your yoga and line dancing. 😍. I can definitely imagine yoga being more effective and enjoyable in pairs but I don’t have a good picture of how line dancing works in the bedroom — inspiring! Go get those goals!! 🤩
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    BlueSkyNomad
    Monday
    SW: 216 (BMI 34.9)
    PW: 210.4
    CW: 210.5 (BMI 34)

I love how you are including your BMI!!!
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    Question: Should I take a break from the weekly weigh-in reports?

In November, I’ll be changing my workout routine as the outdoor rowing season ends. So, I’m wondering if I should remove myself from the reporting until my regular schedule starts up again in March. I appreciate any advice from those of you who know how the process works or have an opinion about it.

This is totally up to you. We can move you to support and you will remain part of the team but post weigh ins when you want. If you find that posting keeps you accountable, post away. Do what helps you stay at goal!

You are such an integral part of this team, I hope you keep posting…. But that’s just me
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    Options
    Here’s the way I think I can best contribute to the team:

-I’ll move to the ‘support’ group without the typical weigh-in report
    -Each week, I’ll post an update that includes my maintenance progress but I won’t use the typical format (i.e., Weigh-in day, PW, CW)
    -We can all continue to post reflections on what we’re learning and keep encouraging one another.

This way, our team can welcome a few more people who will contribute to the weight loss progress. If I continue to report my scale weight each week, I will feel (self-imposed) pressure to lose more weight, which is no healthier than carrying extra weight. Right now, my BMI is 21.3 - and the recommended target is 18.5-24.9 - so I’m falling in the middle of the scale. If I naturally lose or gain a bit, it will be fine with me; I’m going to spend the coming year gauging the right balance for my body. So, if the doctor or DEXA results show a need to change this plan, I’ll make adjustments; but, for now, I think the ‘support’ move is good for me, beginning in November.
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    @PatriceFitnessPal sounds like you have a great plan! I’ve been on the support team for probably a year now, and while I’ve gained probably 40-50lbs in the time due to pregnancy it’s been great to stay in touch with the team and get inspiration from all of you. I would, however, come up with some type of measurable goal to report to stay accountable to your goals - whether it’s weight, steps, squat progression or hours of sleep.
  • chublet25
    chublet25 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    angelic843 wrote: »
    UserName: Angelic843
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    PW (Previous Weight): 370.8
    CW (Current Weight): 370.2
    This week’s loss: 0.6
    Total LTD (Loss to Date): 52.0

Good Morning Everyone.
    Well, the weight is creeping off...but at least it is coming off...I'll take it!

I had a great week, made good choices consistently and I am very proud of that.

I've also found a new activity (which I love)...Pickleball!
    I had played it back in high school as part of our PE curriculum and remembered enjoying it.
    Some teachers at my school recently organized Pickleball Mondays.
    I've been going and playing with them for the past three weeks after school and it's been a blast! Such a fun way to be more active and get lots of extra steps.

10 out of 10; highly recommend!

Have a great weekend everyone!

I had never heard of this sport before, so I had to look it up. I can see how you'd like it because it looks like a blast! Well done on playing every week!
This discussion has been closed.