Shrinking Assets Team Chat - OCTOBER 2021

Options
jugar
jugar Posts: 10,101 Member
rht4h3xyofo1.png

Here is your Team chat room for October 2021. This is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post often, and help each other succeed!

We have six great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Teresa - @TeresaW1020
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970
Ashley - @minstrelofsarcasm

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970
Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020
Trimstones - @jessicakrall8
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @ashleycarole86
Shrinking Assets - @Beka3695 and @TheMrWobbly

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - @TheresaM787 and @Poobah1972
Mission Slimpossibles - @AustinRuadhain @katmary71 and @trooworld
Trimstones - @angmarie28
Weight No More - @rachelrjh
WaistAways - @conleywoods
Shrinking Assets - @hipari

HOW IT ALL WORKS:
Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, every week without fail! At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also track those small, steady losses with the Green Week count. If you lose, however small an amount, it counts for 1 week in the green. At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard!

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:

Username
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you take a break, you are moved to the Support Team. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone! You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month begin!!

Replies

• angelic843
    angelic843 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone,
    Life has been busy so I don't get to post socially as often as I like.
    I have managed to get all of my weigh ins posted this month so that is a plus.

I did have a loss this week (which I am very happy about); so that's two weeks in a row.
    However, I am frustrated that I have spent WAY too much time messing around in this weight decade (up-down-up-down). Trying to keep my weekend in check...that is where I have the most room for improvement.

Be well and have a great week everyone!

Angela
  • jazzadesigns
    jazzadesigns Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Julie and I live in eastern Pennsylvania. I am 53 and 5’6’. I have 2 kids in their early 20’s who still live with me.

I lost 50 lbs using MFP a few years ago, but life happened and I gained 70 lbs back. I started this time in January of 2021 at 257.8 lbs and have lost 41 lbs so far.

I seem to be on track to reach Onederland by the end of the year. But I don’t want to put that pressure on myself since the end of the year is hard with the holidays. But I kept myself in check a few years ago over the holidays so I know it’s possible!

My goals for October are the same: log my food and try to stay under my calories; try to get at least 8,000 steps daily; drink at least 80 oz. of water daily; and continue to gradually increase my exercise. I wish everyone a fabulous month! 🎃
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Hello Fat2Fit team members! Here is your OCTOBER HABIT TRACKER. Click the link and follow the instructions and start tracking your healthy habits today!
    cvonnlgfytxr.png
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    Hello Fat2Fit team members! Here is your OCTOBER HABIT TRACKER. Click the link and follow the instructions and start tracking your healthy habits today!
    cvonnlgfytxr.png

Yeah!! I guess I'm the first one to enter my Habits to help me with CRAP challenge😘
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,247 Member
    Options
    winners.jpg

zo88xef8gy6i.png
    0116qcjh7way.png

Team Standings:
    By Percent
    yc14ju8323a7.png
    By Pounds
    5wet3g19py0z.png

Individual Standings:
    By Percent
    iaw7oqt4sxxs.png
    By Pounds
    bneudq4igme4.png
    lgcnnjxfrna6.png

Your Team's Biggest Losers (Winners)!
    ri7hryrsthmk.png
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,247 Member
    Options
    tumblr_pbv8073Tpy1vi3o1po6_r2_1280.gifv

waf467lgpsvw.png
    aiv7o4kejfhj.png

Team Standings:
    By Percent
    prc2fmhrfex7.png

By Pounds
    fadcf324k7rw.png

Individual Standings:
    By Percent
    uh8y9rq7gycr.png

By Pounds
    swnjenhhwmp2.png
    jmrw5kzp7ikf.png
    ocbyz1ugrv77.png

Your Team's Biggest Losers (Winners)!
    hp4kfe0knh2v.png

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,047 Member
    Options
    Yay @chublet25 ! Congratulations! You are so consistent. You really have done an excellent job. Yay!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to all the Shrinking Asset members on the leader board and in the GREEN!
  • chublet25
    chublet25 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Yay @chublet25 ! Congratulations! You are so consistent. You really have done an excellent job. Yay!

Oh my, I can't believe I won 1st over all. Thanks for the congratulations! I just really want to see the back of this extra weight, extra badly!!! And congratulations team for finishing in second place!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    edited October 2021
    Options
    It’s really fantastic that the Shrinking Assets team has consistently made it to the monthly leaders’ board, especially since we have (slightly) fewer members than the other teams. I think the Downsizers have 33 active members and we have 24, while the others are all close in numbers at 25 or 26, so whatever happens with our group is slightly amplified. Great work, everyone, and well done as always @chublet25 — the top leader! 🎉

Everyone in the F2F full group is super supportive and I enjoy meeting new people during the weekly or monthly challenges. So, of course, I’m happy for all the ‘loser’ leaders. It’s still nice to see ‘our’ group in the standings! 🤩
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    Options
    @cobluejay - Congratulations on selling out your art work within 24 hours! That’s amazing!! 🎉👩‍🎨🎉 Thanks for sharing your blog. It’s interesting to hear about your progress and all you are learning!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Too Long/Didn’t Read (TL/DR) Version:
    I’m finding success through the F2F group. I’m able to appreciate my better health and live a fuller and more meaningful life!

Introductions
    My name is Patrice and I live in the U.S.A., just across the Potomac River from Washington, DC, in Alexandria, Virginia. Originally, I’m from Boston, MA, and I still feel as though both places are ‘home’ even though I’ve lived here for over 25 years. I love being near the ocean but, since I only get there a few times a year, I’ve been spending lots of time on the river. Rowing is my main hobby but I’m interested in many other activities — A Jack of all trades and master of none, as the expression goes. It works for me! If there’s one thing I’ve learned over the years, it’s that perfection is over-rated — and elusive 🙃!

Here are my stats:
    Female, Age 55
    Height: 5’4”
    Current Weight (CW): 124
    Starting Weight (SW):168
    Goal Weight (GW): 125

October Goal: Maintain weight at 125-130 while focusing on better nutrition and body recomposition to build muscle

I’m married with two young adult children in college (ages 21 and 19, soon-to-be 20 in November). One goes to school in Boston and the other is in South Carolina so they live about an 8-hour drive in either direction from us, right now. Our Boston Terrier dog is 10 but very active and young at heart. He loves a good nap, too, so he strikes the perfect balance. At work, I help groups improve health and education systems, by working in partnership with the people most affected by the change — the intended beneficiaries of the services. People want to be part of solving their own problems. So, we bring the decision-makers, practitioners, families, and individuals with health or learning difficulties together to identify problems, agree on solutions, and take collective action to make a difference.

I joined the F2F group in June - at 135 pounds - to gain some extra support and motivation at a time when my rate of loss was very slow. I knew I wasn’t ‘stalling’ since the trend continued downward, but it helps to be part of a group. It challenges me and offers a place to reflect on what’s working (and not working). I’ve changed my habits for the better but I’ll need practice to maintain them for a lifetime.

Thanks to all the Shrinking Assets members inspiring me to improve every day! I appreciate you. Best wishes!
  • bionicpuffy
    bionicpuffy Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hello again Shrinking Assets! I joined the group in September, had a few bumps but was trending in the right direction.
    I'll log my first official weigh in tomorrow, as I weigh in on Mondays.
    Congrats to SA teammates and winners last month. Great to be back for October.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    :star:Good morning Team Shrinking Assets! This week we aren't doing a weekly challenge because we would like for you to give our
    STOP EATING CRAP OCTOBER CHALLENGE a chance. If you can do the whole month that would be awesome! But if you only do one week, that will still give you some real benefits that will help you with your health and weight loss goals. So come on over and join us! :)

pvsjtydrf9xs.png
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,452 Member
    Options
    You have a new member joining your wonderful team .. Please welcome @BlueSkyNomad :)
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,047 Member
    Options
    What is included or excluded in artificial and processed foods? Protein powder? Please say dark chocolate is okay!
This discussion has been closed.